2010 Mazda CX-9 Consumer Review: good all around car

2010 Mazda CX-9 SUV - Consumer Review

good all around car
By NiceCar on

2010 Mazda CX-9 Grand Touring 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

I have 20" wheels on mine. It is not 'smooth' as some people like. but it is so cool, it offset the bottom dis-comfort. fuel economy is not great but ok considering the size of the engine and the zoom you get when pushing down the paddle. 24 GPM on a 12 hour flat land highway trip at 75 MPH cruise control. GM and Buick (Encore & Traverse) are asking few thousand $ more for a compatibly equipped vehicle. Traverse and Arcadia interior is all cheap plastics. I though I will qualify for some 'bail out' discount.not.Can't see a reason to 1st pay GM to build cars and 2nd buy cars with higher price. not all at lost, Mazda is a partner of Ford which is still an AMERICAN company. so I was told.

good get up and go performance. Haul 6 adults and one 12 year old around town comfortably.

storage space is rather limited. some space on the doors could be better utilized for paper type stuff. need to improve layout for the center consol. When accessing 3rd row seat, 2nd row seat requires clumsy setup steps to allow a 5'-10" adult to sit. not good in the rain.