Downsized from Suburban
By thead2 on
2010 Mazda CX-9 Grand Touring 4dr SUV AWD (3.7L 6cyl 6A)
I downsized from a 2003 Suburban and was concerned about giving up 8 passenger seating so I was glad to find the CX-9. The third row is difficult to get little ones in and out that need adult help in getting fastened, I would not want this to be an every day thing, but I am a grandparent, so when needed it will work. The built in dvd system was a hit on day 1. I have had it not quite a month, and so far I am very pleased with it. Gas mileage is not great, however I knew that going in. It has great power which was important in going from my V8 Suburban, I haven't gotten myself into trouble yet. Its very comfortable, seats are great. No issues yet, overall very pleased.
Favorite Features
Backup camera, comfortable seats, loads of 2nd row legroom, LOVE the bluetooth capability, pairs up very fast,blind spot monitoring, didn't even know it had this! Guess wasn't listening when the salesman mentioned, but love it! Auto wipers ( suburban didn't even have)
Suggested Improvements
Gas mileage stinks! Alittle cramped getting in since I'm a small statured person my seat is adjusted to the max making exit alittle difficult. Movement of seat on exit would alleviate this, overall I'm glad I downsized, really enjoying.