2010 Mazda CX-9 SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific CX-9 model:
Replaced R350 - First Trip - ZOOM ZOOM!
By Daba on 02/01/10 18:48 PM (PST)

2010 Mazda CX-9 SUV Grand Touring 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

Our CX9 Grand Touring just replaced an MB R350. Pros for the CX9 - Value for $, Handling, Power, Nav, Really Great Sound System, Handier Seats / Utility, Power Liftgate sounds like it will work, Regular Gas, Style, Interior Fit & Finish / Style. Cons - Gas Cost really isn't - CX9 is 10% less gas mileage, but uses Regular!! Seats other than driver's seat are a little less solid. Driver's seat is better than R, especially for medium height drivers. If you need something midsized and flexible and miss CX9 you are missing a great choice - we tested a lot. Most amazing feature - the car got looks from people in LA - must be the new colors and big wheels!

Wish I knew better
By Scott on 02/01/10 13:44 PM (PST)

2010 Mazda CX-9 SUV Touring 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

Love the car. Definitely best in class. Then the problems started. Heated seats stay on and won't go off until the battery dies. Mazda has no solution. Can't get the same answer from the dealer and Mazda corporate. Depending on you you listen to - it's a faulty design - and Mazda is working on a solution. My issue is that this problem has been around since October. Why did Mazda knowingly sell me a car with features that they knew did not work? If you expect the manufacturer to be there to support you when you have problems - this is not the car for you!

Problem with seat heaters
By Rich Wood on 01/21/10 16:34 PM (PST)

2010 Mazda CX-9 SUV Touring 4dr SUV AWD (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

I bought my CX9 to replace a 2008 Saturn Outlook. So far the car has impressed me except for the electric seat heaters,While driving my wife's seat became very hot and wouldn't shut off,I had to pull the fuse,I brought the car to the dealer which rpt the underneath of the seat was scorched and they took pictures to send to Mazda and Mazda rpts they have no fix for the problem.So now I have a new car without the electric seats I ordered until Mazda fix's the problem.It could have been worse,I guess the seats could have caught on fire and someone could have been hurt. So maybe you might want to wait on buying one until Mazda address's the problem.

Mazda CX9 Grand Touring
By Andy_Stoy on 01/20/10 06:10 AM (PST)

2010 Mazda CX-9 SUV Grand Touring 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

Took delivery of our new CX9 Grand Touring yesterday and have no regrets whatsoever. The CX9 was "hands down" the best vehicle in the class. We looked at Acura, Toyota, Hyundai, Nissan and VW and none of them compare to the CX9 in terms of features, styling, comfort and performance. Out purchasing experience was good. Pricing was a little high, but we opted for the top of line Grand Touring. You will not get the deal of the century on this vehicle due to demand and popularity, but you should walk out with a fair deal. Our dealer offer a couple of lease options if the monthly payment estimate scares you. We do wish Mazda offered a longer basic warranty.

Love it!
By A Chef on 01/17/10 21:00 PM (PST)

2010 Mazda CX-9 SUV Sport 4dr SUV AWD (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

We looked at tons of crossovers & suvs in this price range - and for the money it doesn't get ANY better than this car. I almost went with the more expensive GMC Acadia but after driving this - the GMC felt like a tinker toy in comparison! This is a very well made, well appointed and stylish car. I am pleasantly surprised at the gas mileage. This is basically a luxury crossover for about $15k less than the volvo, lexus or cadillac counterparts. My husband and I are starting a family this year and he calls this my "sexy mom car" =)

joe brawley
By joe brawley on 01/15/10 09:51 AM (PST)

2010 Mazda CX-9 SUV Grand Touring 4dr SUV AWD (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

just bought the car 300 miles ago awesome car good power look to kill very high end a definite good value get the grand tour it comes with more extras than the lexus at a better price

Mazda CX-9 2010
By Kiki on 01/10/10 17:45 PM (PST)

2010 Mazda CX-9 SUV Grand Touring 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

Truly a zoom-zoom crossover. Has tons of convenience features. Sleek outer appearance. Good gas mileage. Nice two-tone leather seats. Does not lock automatically when in Drive. I miss this feature. GPS is great but, you need to know your basic route or it will take you on a wild ride, hundreds of miles out of your way. Told me to go through San Antonio to get from Corpus Christi to Houston.

What to expect with buying/owning theCX9
By Steve on 01/09/10 09:41 AM (PST)

2010 Mazda CX-9 SUV Grand Touring 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

Well this is my first SUV. I have driven full sized Taho's and what nots and they are comfortable but the gas mileage always kept me away. This CX9 is very snazzy. It feels fancier than you would expect. There is lots of room and it is comfortable. Plenty of power and a lot of cool gadgets. Im very pleased with it. Its fun to drive and you don't see many on the road. The bad things include: Of course the gas mileage we average 17.5 but have gotten as low as 15.5 which doesn't sound that bad till you need to fill up again after 300mi. The nav is beautiful but kinda stinks. You cant make adjustments on the fly we usually just use the iphone. The heated seats you can barely feel but we still love it

good all around car
By NiceCar on 01/04/10 13:02 PM (PST)

2010 Mazda CX-9 SUV Grand Touring 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

I have 20" wheels on mine. It is not 'smooth' as some people like. but it is so cool, it offset the bottom dis-comfort. fuel economy is not great but ok considering the size of the engine and the zoom you get when pushing down the paddle. 24 GPM on a 12 hour flat land highway trip at 75 MPH cruise control. GM and Buick (Encore & Traverse) are asking few thousand $ more for a compatibly equipped vehicle. Traverse and Arcadia interior is all cheap plastics. I though I will qualify for some 'bail out' discount.not.Can't see a reason to 1st pay GM to build cars and 2nd buy cars with higher price. not all at lost, Mazda is a partner of Ford which is still an AMERICAN company. so I was told.

A surprise in the SUV/Crossover market
By mazzzzda on 12/31/09 18:44 PM (PST)

2010 Mazda CX-9 SUV Grand Touring 4dr SUV AWD (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

The Mazda Cx9 is a great SUV with plenty of room in the cabin, the large amount of leg room in the middle row amazed my family. The ride is smooth and quiet but like a German car it keeps you in full control with the awareness on what kind of terrain you are in. It seems as Mazda copied other car companies (in a good way) The Navigation is like Acura, the seats like Lexus, the controls like GM, and the overall ride like a BMW. The SUV is simple to use with good controls that even an older generation can get used to. The down side is that the lights in the third and second row are single ones in the middle, it would have been nice to been personal ones. Other than that it's a great buy.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2010 Mazda CX-9 Suv in VA is:

$132 per month*