Used 2010 Mazda CX-9 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific CX-9 model:

Mazda CX-9 GT is performer & stylish
By pmb

2010 Mazda CX-9 Grand Touring 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

First of all, this is a great vehicle for the price paid. It offers a lot when compared to premium vehicles. Bluetooth, moonroof, Sirius, blind spot monitoring, 20 inch wheels, heated leather seats, innovative styling, beautiful gauges, back up camera, auto. rear hatch, auto dimming mirrors, tire pressure monitoring, 0% financing and more. Best of all it is fun to drive and has good cargo capacity and can be made better by adding more driver storage bins or compartments. Gas mileage can be better but I average 21.5 city/hwy. combined. Driven 7000+ miles w/o any issues. I recommend this over Toyota Highlander, Honda Pilot, GMC Acadia, Chevy Traverse, Kia and Hyundai. Indeed a Great buy!

Blind spot monitoring, bluetooth, power and handling.

storage compartments, less bumpy, steering control accuracy while driving straight

Great Car
By Sam

2010 Mazda CX-9 Grand Touring 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

Just purchased a week ago and have to say what a great car this really is. Test drove the Pilot, Pathfinder. Highlander but this was the best value and drive for the money, by far. Had a VW Touareg a couple of years ago and feel as safe driving the Mazda as I did my Touareg.

Love everything, especially how much space this car offers.

None of yet.

Best value SUV
By homer78749

2010 Mazda CX-9 Grand Touring 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

I went into the process with about six SUVs in mind (Q7, X5, Highlander, Enclave, FX35, and the CX-9). I was pretty smitten with the Q7. But Mazda makes it pretty tough because they are just such an exceptional value. I liked the Q7 better, but not $25K better. I test drove the X5 twice. I know it's heresy, but I think the CX-9 is a better vehicle. I liked all of the cars I drove pretty well, but Mazda gives you a luxury SUV, top of the line model, outstanding performance and reliability at a great price point. Styling is a personal thing, but behind the Q7 I thought it was the best looking of the bunch.

Engine, backup camera, Bose, roominess, exterior styling.

Instrument panel could use some more thought. Agree with other comments about distance of some controls from the driver.

The Best Choice
By New Mazda Owner

2010 Mazda CX-9 Sport 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

My wife and myself have test drove every sub $35,000 SUV/ Crossover, and Van on the market for the last 6 months. I must confess the CX-9 was the best riding, best fit and finish I found for the money.

Room, Ride

more storage up front

Love my car!
By MGL

2010 Mazda CX-9 Sport 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

Absolutely love the car. We've had it for two weeks. I've already used it once for a long trip. Our kids love the 3rd row. We started out wanting to get the GMC Acadia, but the GMC dealer didn't want to work with us at all. We decided to go to the Mazda dealership the next day, and had no problems. I'm really glad we decided to go with the CX9. It has so much space and it is fun to drive.

Everything