2010 Mazda CX-9 SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific CX-9 model:
CX-9 Fan
By CX-9 Fan on 03/05/10 19:43 PM (PST)

2010 Mazda CX-9 SUV Grand Touring 4dr SUV AWD (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

Traded a Volvo XC90. I was a little leary about moving from european to japanese make. The car has been flawless. Feels very solid. Handles beautifully. Feels very safe. Quiet, smooth & powerful. I look forward to driving this car to work each day.

Zoom all the way
By leadfoot on 03/05/10 13:29 PM (PST)

2010 Mazda CX-9 SUV Grand Touring 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

I've had my 2010 Grand Touring CX-9 since Dec 2009. This vehicle is definitely fun and comfortable. I live in the country and take the back roads at more than optimum speeds and the vehicle handles great. I've owned a Subaru with AWD and that was a bit better on the handling. Drive 110 miles each day and my back loves the comfortable seats. I've used the heated seats with no problems but I'll refrain until they are fixed. Few economy is great. I get 21.9. Not bad for cruising down the road.

A great SUV
By DKNY on 03/04/10 09:58 AM (PST)

2010 Mazda CX-9 SUV Grand Touring 4dr SUV AWD (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

Bought the CX-9 to replace an Acura MDX. It's a great value, thousands less than an MDX or even a Chevy Traverse with leather. It drives beautifully and the interior looks great with French-stitched leather and contrasting accents. It's every bit as roomy, luxurious and comfortable as the MDX, and looks a lot better than the current MDX, or just about any other SUV.

Bought a 2010 Mazda CX-9 Sport
By mcareat on 03/01/10 11:55 AM (PST)

2010 Mazda CX-9 SUV Sport 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

We have had our new Mazda CX-9 a week and love it (especially the kids)! We got the Sport model with the power driver seat / dual seat heaters. the Bluetooth feature is great and sound good. Looked at all the 3 row crossovers and liked this one the best.

What an SUV should be.....
By NewYorker on 02/27/10 04:44 AM (PST)

2010 Mazda CX-9 SUV Touring 4dr SUV AWD (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

Bought this truck for the family. We just got belted with almost 2 feet of snow. Truck handled it like a champ. Wife loves room. Had deposit on Highlander but went to see the CX9 and had to have it. Highlander is smaller, not enough storage space, 3 row entrance from only 1 side, middle seat in 2 row is small. CX9 drives great and stable. Kids actually want to sit in 3 row. Amazing the 3 row is split fold down.

WOW, ALL THIS FOR 36K??
By CX9 Lover on 02/24/10 07:44 AM (PST)

2010 Mazda CX-9 SUV Grand Touring 4dr SUV AWD (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

Have had almost every SUV made in the last 30 years, and I can say without question, that this is the best value for the buck of any that I have owned.. Came from a H3 Hummer, which cost me almost 45k, to this, which is a fully loaded GTAWD for 36k; BLOWS AWAY the competition, and, even though I didnt need a 7 passenger SUV, the cost vs. value for this guy was impossible to resist...Compared to a Pilot, Santa Fe, Ford Edge, and a few others, there is NO COMPARISON! Just flat out fun to drive, and solid and stable as any car or SUV I have ever owned..and , even my wife LOVES it, and she hates most SUV's...

BEST CAR EVER
By Kryfka012 2010CX-9 on 02/20/10 08:34 AM (PST)

2010 Mazda CX-9 SUV Grand Touring 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

i looked at many cross over cars and was torn between volvo xc60 and mazda cx-9 the price and options and power under the engine made the final call. when i could get every option but the indash nav for and out the door price of 36,000 for the mazda and 43,000 for the volvo minus many options and got the extended warranty and matiance warranty for 150,000 miles on the mazda with the 36,000 price.

Fun Crossover
By vegasred on 02/09/10 21:28 PM (PST)

2010 Mazda CX-9 SUV Touring 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

Just purchased CX-9 Touring with moonroof, bose sound system and power liftgate for around $32,000. I've been test driving and looking at new cars for over a month. I work out of my car so I needed power plugs for my laptop and GPS. I also needed a car that I could be in for over 8 hours and drive over some gravel roads and rough terrain. The CX- 9 had everything I needed and it cost less then all the other cars I looked at. I really liked the Highlander, Acadia, MDX and Enclave but after doing all the research I kept going back to the CX- 9. I'm really enjoying the Sirius radio. The bluetooth I'm still learning but it seems to have difficulty locating my phone every time I try to use it.

Should be recalled
By albanian on 02/06/10 20:23 PM (PST)

2010 Mazda CX-9 SUV Grand Touring 4dr SUV AWD (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

Average interior. The plastics inside feel cheap. Seats are not comfortable. Lacks power going uphill. Rough ride, you feel every tine ridge on the road. The sheet metal body has light tin feeling. Definitely not worth almost 40 k sticker. The passenger seat heated up while the car was parked due to electrical malfunction and created a fire hazard. The heated seats had to be disconnected to stop the battery from draining. Dealer does not have a fix. I think this being reported by many owners. No word of any recall from Mazda. They are probably waiting till there are reports of spontaneous combustion of few front seat occupants to occur before doing something about it.

Mazda 2010 CX-9 GT AWD - details
By rossman on 02/04/10 12:58 PM (PST)

2010 Mazda CX-9 SUV Grand Touring 4dr SUV AWD (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

I purchased this vehicle less than a week ago. Have driven 250 miles on it already. So far, the drive quality is outstanding. Freeway noise minimum, good gear shifting (auto transmission), great power when taking off on a green light, good passing experience on a two lane road, comfortable seats, bluetooth works great, navigation locks out at > 5 mph but allows you to change pre-set destinations (so make sure you enter things ahead; if you want to change locations to a brand new address - sorry! I guess a safety issue); I have argued that passengers could enter a new address but then how do you prevent a driver from doing it when he/she drives alone? DVD sys

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2010 Mazda CX-9 Suv in VA is:

$132 per month*