Used 2010 Mazda CX-9 SUV Consumer Reviews - 116 Car Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific CX-9 model:

A beautiful and sophisticated SUV
By Terrific Car!

2010 Mazda CX-9 SUV Touring 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

We have owned the car for just over 2 months and it so far has been a terrific automobile. The build, and performance is excellent and it seems to be far superior to our previous SUV, Ford Freestyle. When I first drove it I was in awe of its appearance, handling and performance. It is just a very beautiful SUV with a large WOW factor. I am glad I purchased it for my wife.

I love the simple things in the car such as the comfortable seats, the appearance of the dash and the Bose sound system. Using the third row seats is also a snap to put up or down and access to the rear is easy. Of course the vehicle overall appearance is beautiful.

I would like to see Mazda offer as standard equipment fog lights, and an auto dimming rear view mirror. As sophisticated as this car looks and feels I just feel those items should be standard and not an option on all the CX9 models.

From Murano to CX-9
By Slugworth

2010 Mazda CX-9 SUV Touring 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

We needed a bigger vehicle as our child gets older. I've had 2 previous Nissan Muranos with excellent ratings but it was too small. Saw this vehicle on the road. I'm a big music lover and saw that it had Bose sound system with AudioPilot and surround.

Cockpit design, sound system, seats, bluetooth streaming

Keyless entry logic makes absolutely no sense. Make it like Murano. Improve gas mileage. Replace transmission with CVT.

The Best SUV/Crossover in the market!
By RAFAEL MASSA

2010 Mazda CX-9 SUV Touring 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

I have owned minivan, small utility vehicles, sedans and sports cars. I have to admit it, the Mazda CX-9 is the most fun, beautiful, enjoyable, pleasant vehicle I have ever driven in a long time. Our MB ML320 was not as comfortable of a ride, it was almost perfect but I didn't like the AWD all the time feature. Prefer the FWD.

The best features of the 2010 Mazda CX- 9 are, the seats, the visibility, the soft ride, the spacious cabin and most of all the styling. Drive it and you'll see what I mean. Mine is a 2010 Touring and it has all the basic features I need. I was going to get the Grand T. but could justify 4K more

If you get the Mazda CX-9 my best advise is don't get it with GPS. Buy the portable GPS separate (any brand. Even the most expensive GPS in the market can't be more than $500 and you can take it anywhere. The 18" wheels give a comfortable ride, and are less expensive to replace. Buy it now!

Love it! Love it! Love it!
By Elizabeth T.

2010 Mazda CX-9 SUV Grand Touring 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

So far this has been BY FAR the very best car I have ever driven. I love the blind spot sensor. That really helps me feel safe when trying to change lanes. It is very quiet and I don't get all the road noise I used to get. There is some much functional space w/o a lot of wasted space. My kids love it too!

The Bose entertainment system and Navigation, Bluetooth for my iphone (with the ipod), Quiet, smooth ride.

More storage and allow drive the option to control the rear A/C.

Great Value & Still Zooming in Raleigh
By Tearlach

2010 Mazda CX-9 SUV Grand Touring 4dr SUV AWD (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

After 8 months: best combination of driving experience, braking, interior space & comfort, technology and safety amongst Highlander, 4Runner, Pilot, Sante Fe,Outback, Tribeca, Vera Cruz & other Asian SUV/CUV's w/ AWD evaluated (Asian quality/value bias after owning 20+ domestic, Euro & lately Asian vehicles). A nearly perfect family of 5 transport design w/ generous 2nd row and a 3rd row even adults could fit into in a pinch - and still have some cargo room. Not there isn't decent competition, but the steering, decent acceleration & AWD, excellent brakes and low road noise compared to even pricier CUVs are impressive. Drive of the CX-9 to others considered or you will be short changed.

Handling, steering, brakes, engine, transmission, seat comfort, a/c, trip computer, blue tooth, HID / LED lgihts, Bose sound system, blind spot monitor, adjustable 2nd row for fast growing boys, cargo space - sharp looks don't hurt either.

OEM NAV system not worth the price - a 7" screen Magellan @ $195 fits into the console cup bay perfectly - Mazda needs to move to more state of the art NAV tech to justify $1500+. In a perfect world, higher gas mileage would be nice, but for this size & weight, the 87 octane gas 21 MPG is a small trade