2010 Mazda CX-9 SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific CX-9 model:
I Claimed it
By sum on 04/07/10 20:53 PM (PDT)

2010 Mazda CX-9 SUV Grand Touring 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

Very nice ride, seemed somewhat worried about ride and it proved very stable and much quieter than cars. No complaints yet positive experience great dealer treated with respect. Very happy with purchase, test drove Traverse, Highlander, MDX and some others CX-9 the best overall in drive and value. Great Mazda Car.

Great Design and Fun to Drive
By FugieNY on 04/06/10 10:47 AM (PDT)

2010 Mazda CX-9 SUV Touring 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

This car has great features and a beautiful exterior and interior design. When compared to Honda or Nissan, the interior quality is about the same or better. It has many standard features like bluetooth, leather, heated seats, rear passenger climate control and an ipod jack. The CX-9 has a nice firm sporty ride, smooth 6spd transmission and a roomy quiet cabin.

CX-9 Sport Model
By galo on 04/03/10 12:50 PM (PDT)

2010 Mazda CX-9 SUV Sport 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

After driving it for only 1 week, my wife absolutely loves it. It is stylish and elegant, very quiet ride and comfortable. The 3rd seat is what sold me, plenty of leg room for an adult, same as the 2nd row. Although I think Mazda could have dressed up the interior with more chrome pieces, I still like the way it looks, I feel that the CX-9 is more ergonomic than other crossovers. We looked at GMC Acadia, Chevy Traverse, Honda Crosstour, Hyundai SantaFe and Toyota Venza and none appealed to us as much as the CX-9. I definatelly recommend it.

The best
By ZOOMX2GUY on 03/30/10 20:07 PM (PDT)

2010 Mazda CX-9 SUV Grand Touring 4dr SUV AWD (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

I thought I will never have the same driving experience I had when I bought my first BMW 5 series and then I got a CX9 this month and WOW is all I can say! It's like I'm so excited driving it that I don't care where to go or how far the destination is because this vehicle is so much fun to drive. I'm not sure why other reviewers will comment on the MPG on this one but all I can say is that DO YOUR RESEARCH before buying a car.

Mazda cx-9 touring awd
By Chandra on 03/27/10 21:15 PM (PDT)

2010 Mazda CX-9 SUV Touring 4dr SUV AWD (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

I have purchased this car from Maxon Mazda in NJ,and i am really happy with the car. You would never be disappointed with this vehicle. Especially with its backup- camera, and bose audio system. It is a real fun-driving machine. The only disadvantage could be with the mileage otherwise i am extremely happy with the car and its dynamics.. Bye bye Toyota and Honda.

Sharp car
By hk on 03/17/10 07:56 AM (PDT)

2010 Mazda CX-9 SUV Touring 4dr SUV AWD (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

Very nice looking and driving car for SUV wife loves it in black on black leather very plush only complaint is a little better fuel mileage tons of space though! For the money nothing comes close, tried Honda Pilot , what an over rated ride so crappy and plasticy. Toyota cost more and I have more room in the Mazda and it is sharper looking!

One of the Best Vehicles I've Owned!
By G Deleon on 03/11/10 11:45 AM (PST)

2010 Mazda CX-9 SUV Grand Touring 4dr SUV AWD (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

We leased one in 2008 and liked it so much we bought the new 2010 model. It looks great and it drives great. It has every advantage of a Mini-van combined with the feel and drive of a sports car wrapped up in a beautiful SUV body. And the best part is that you don’t have to sell a kidney to get one. Every comparable SUV is at least $10K more.

What a GREAT car!!
By cristina on 03/10/10 14:34 PM (PST)

2010 Mazda CX-9 SUV Touring 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

I shopped around for over 2 months and drove the Jeep Liberty, Honda CRV, Toyota Highlander, Chevy Equinox, and Ford Edge and Escape to name a few. I am so happy with my Mazda SUV. It drives beautifully, it's Japanese, the interior is beautiful the leather is very nice and the drive is better than any vehicle mentioned above. The drive is smooth and quiet and I was very worried to downgrade from my Mercedes GL 450 (spoiled) and thought that I would not find a nice but better priced vehicle.

Exactly what I needed
By skipfedorac on 03/06/10 18:01 PM (PST)

2010 Mazda CX-9 SUV Grand Touring 4dr SUV AWD (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

I spent the better part of 5 months researching and test driving every 6 cylinder cross over SUV with a third row. I narrowed my search to CX-9, Acadia, Pilot and MDX. Having owned a 2003 Tahoe I really wanted a car-like driving experience without sacrificing too much size. I'm 6'4" so I need the room. The verdict: The Acadia drove like my Tahoe, large and lumbering. It definitely has the size but the driving experience wasn't there. The Pilot drove nicely but it's exterior styling and small 3rd row weren't what I was looking for. The MDX was very nice both to drive and in features but the price for equal features was in BMW/Audi territory. The CX9 hit the mark both inside and out.

CX9 Sport with lots of Bells & Whistles!
By Jules from SoCal on 03/05/10 20:49 PM (PST)

2010 Mazda CX-9 SUV Sport 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

Needed to downsize from a 2007 Chevy Tahoe but still needed third row option. I loved my Tahoe! But did not love the $604 monthly payment! We compared the CX9 to the Pilot and the Acadia. The CX9 Sport had soo many more bells and whistles for a base model! It was a NO BRAINER for us! Bluetooth, roofrack, seat warmers, satellite radio, dual zone heating/cooling, nice dashboard finish, power seats and drives beautifully! The first night I had the CX9 7 of us piled in for my birthday! We all fit comfortably!

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2010 Mazda CX-9 Suv in VA is:

$132 per month*