Used 2010 Mazda CX-9 SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Mazda Cx-9 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific CX-9 model:

WOW! This car has it all, >$40k
By Jorojoro

2010 Mazda CX-9 SUV Grand Touring 4dr SUV AWD (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

So far, the car has performed way above expectations. We were looking for a family car with GPS for her and a DVD system for the kids. I was most concerned with luxury class features and styling such as adaptive Xenon lights, leather interior, Handsfree B/T operation, auto liftgate, etc. Our CX-9 Grand Touring has ALL of this.

Favorite Features

Luxury styling, ride quality, quiet cabin, auto liftgate, easy access to third row.

Suggested Improvements

None that are major come to mind---but the doors are a bit heavy for the hardware that is supposed to keep them from flying open. Other than that it really is the perfect car. We are very very very happy with our lease.

A beautiful and sophisticated SUV
By Terrific Car!

2010 Mazda CX-9 SUV Touring 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

We have owned the car for just over 2 months and it so far has been a terrific automobile. The build, and performance is excellent and it seems to be far superior to our previous SUV, Ford Freestyle. When I first drove it I was in awe of its appearance, handling and performance. It is just a very beautiful SUV with a large WOW factor. I am glad I purchased it for my wife.

Favorite Features

I love the simple things in the car such as the comfortable seats, the appearance of the dash and the Bose sound system. Using the third row seats is also a snap to put up or down and access to the rear is easy. Of course the vehicle overall appearance is beautiful.

Suggested Improvements

I would like to see Mazda offer as standard equipment fog lights, and an auto dimming rear view mirror. As sophisticated as this car looks and feels I just feel those items should be standard and not an option on all the CX9 models.

From Murano to CX-9
By Slugworth

2010 Mazda CX-9 SUV Touring 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

We needed a bigger vehicle as our child gets older. I've had 2 previous Nissan Muranos with excellent ratings but it was too small. Saw this vehicle on the road. I'm a big music lover and saw that it had Bose sound system with AudioPilot and surround.

Favorite Features

Cockpit design, sound system, seats, bluetooth streaming

Suggested Improvements

Keyless entry logic makes absolutely no sense. Make it like Murano. Improve gas mileage. Replace transmission with CVT.

The Best SUV/Crossover in the market!
By RAFAEL MASSA

2010 Mazda CX-9 SUV Touring 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

I have owned minivan, small utility vehicles, sedans and sports cars. I have to admit it, the Mazda CX-9 is the most fun, beautiful, enjoyable, pleasant vehicle I have ever driven in a long time. Our MB ML320 was not as comfortable of a ride, it was almost perfect but I didn't like the AWD all the time feature. Prefer the FWD.

Favorite Features

The best features of the 2010 Mazda CX- 9 are, the seats, the visibility, the soft ride, the spacious cabin and most of all the styling. Drive it and you'll see what I mean. Mine is a 2010 Touring and it has all the basic features I need. I was going to get the Grand T. but could justify 4K more

Suggested Improvements

If you get the Mazda CX-9 my best advise is don't get it with GPS. Buy the portable GPS separate (any brand. Even the most expensive GPS in the market can't be more than $500 and you can take it anywhere. The 18" wheels give a comfortable ride, and are less expensive to replace. Buy it now!

Love it! Love it! Love it!
By Elizabeth T.

2010 Mazda CX-9 SUV Grand Touring 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

So far this has been BY FAR the very best car I have ever driven. I love the blind spot sensor. That really helps me feel safe when trying to change lanes. It is very quiet and I don't get all the road noise I used to get. There is some much functional space w/o a lot of wasted space. My kids love it too!

Favorite Features

The Bose entertainment system and Navigation, Bluetooth for my iphone (with the ipod), Quiet, smooth ride.

Suggested Improvements

More storage and allow drive the option to control the rear A/C.