2010 Mazda CX-9 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific CX-9 model:
So Far, So Good
By gk on 05/11/10 19:13 PM (PDT)

2010 Mazda CX-9 Touring 4dr SUV AWD (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

This car runs well, looks great, and is fun to drive. I like the blue tooth feature as well as the ability to use my Ipod. The Bose system is also very powerful. I put the third seat down to create LOTS of room for cargo. This vehicle turns tight in narrow lanes as well. It looks good, and is fun to drive plus you are sitting up so you feel safer.

great wheels
By Jerry on 05/08/10 19:57 PM (PDT)

2010 Mazda CX-9 Grand Touring 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

Less than a month since purchase and we are very happy that we chose cx-9 over Highlander etc. Overall mileage 19-20, highway 22-23. Although I am tempted to zoom-zoom at times. As I have read there are better tires to be had, but I am in no rush. Still learning some of the bells and whistles. Love backup camera and xenon headlights. Plenty of space.

LUV The CX9!!!
By MELUSA1 on 05/05/10 20:01 PM (PDT)

2010 Mazda CX-9 Grand Touring 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

Overall the CX9 is a great vehicle. It is our 2nd CX9 in 2 years. My wife loves the vehicle and we couldn't let the 0% offer for 60 months pass by. Awesome value for the price/features you receive. Puts to shame anything else in it's class.

Love my CX-9
By John Stark on 04/22/10 20:34 PM (PDT)

2010 Mazda CX-9 Grand Touring 4dr SUV AWD (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

I test drove the 2010 CX-9, Highlander, Acadia and Flex. Key requirement was 3rd row of seats and fun to drive. After driving and researching all it came down to the Highlander and CX-9. Mazda CX-9 won on these items: - 3rd row is split. - More room behind 3rd row. Highlander barely had room for a row of groceries. - Access to 3rd row was WAY easier for the munchkins and adults than the Higlander. - Cx-9 is was more fun to drive. I liked the Highlander, but the Mazda has way more performance. Engine is smooth and shifts almost stealth. - Fit and finish is solid. Very nice looking car.

Way better then the Acadia
By Jason A. on 04/17/10 14:44 PM (PDT)

2010 Mazda CX-9 Touring 4dr SUV AWD (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

We looked pretty seriously at the Acadia and the Traverse, which were both nice, but this is much more fun to drive. Also got it for $8,000 less then the equal product in the Acadia. When I wen to the dealer, I drove the base model and ordered a touring. I thought that I might be a bit let down not getting the Acadia, but now I have no regrets. It's awesome... got to go for another road trip!

Excellent Crossover
By EHood on 04/17/10 10:21 AM (PDT)

2010 Mazda CX-9 Sport 4dr SUV AWD (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

I test drove all the others in the segment and there is no comparison. The CX-9 handles like a car 1/2 its size. It has brisk acceleration, corners well and has excellent brakes with no fade. It has good space, but for those looking for all the bins to put stuff in (like the Pilot or Acadia), you need to look elsewhere. The AWD system is seamless and we have received many great complements. Thank goodness Mazda made this vehicle- I can finally have fun driving my two (soon to be three) kids around town. I owned a 2007 Pilot and the CX-9 beats that in every facet hands-down.

Phenomenal Vehicle
By DD_Plays_Softball on 04/16/10 08:59 AM (PDT)

2010 Mazda CX-9 Sport 4dr SUV AWD (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

Wow, I am so happy with this vehicle. The bluetooth is awesome, and it was standard! I would have had to get the $40K Pilot to get it with a Honda, and it is not even available on the SE version of the Highlander. My last car was a CTS and this handles better around turns (less body roll, really). Better rollover numbers than ANY crossover even better than the low riding Flex - check out the stats yourself at the government website safercar.gov. The space behind the second row is enormous, again much longer than the Pilot. The interior is really nice at night with window switches light up with LED's - a really nice touch (great job Mazda). My first Mazda but I am very impressed.

Get one...
By LoyalMazdaOwner on 04/15/10 14:54 PM (PDT)

2010 Mazda CX-9 Grand Touring 4dr SUV AWD (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

Not much to say other than if you're looking for a solid crossover with 3rd row seating, buy this vehicle! We have had the Grand Touring AWD for 4 months now, and absolutely love it. This is my 4th Mazda and I would put them up against Nissan and Toyota (before their recent woes) for overall quality/value. We replaced a Ford Eddie Bauer 4x4 Explorer and the comfort/ride of the CX-9 is superior, from the roomy cabin to the smooth transmission and solid quality feel of interior accessories.

On Par with my last Suv (Murano)
By Tap on 04/14/10 20:20 PM (PDT)

2010 Mazda CX-9 Grand Touring 4dr SUV AWD (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

Coming from a loaded 2005 Murano XE one thing I could not do without (key fob). This narrowed my search considerably. Needed the extra room and wanted a vehicle that looked slick like the Murano. Interior is awesome as well as the exterior. Front grill bugs some but not me. Love the led brake lights and the rear view camera is okay but could be a bit more detailed. The Navigation system is okay but coming from a hand held garmin it seems a bit clunky and non user friendly. The seats are not as comfortable as the Murano and the ride is on par since I came from the SE and not the SL. They should have went with Yokohama Pradas instead of duelers. So far I've been very happy!

Excellent so far.
By Todd on 04/10/10 07:35 AM (PDT)

2010 Mazda CX-9 Touring 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

Bought the CX-9 after extensive research. Looked at the Honda Pilot & CR-V, Ford Flex, and a few others. It came down to the Pilot & CX-9. The Mazda has more power, better interior/exterior, better brakes, and seems to ride better. We traded a Honda Odyssey for it & it is our first Mazda product. Vehicle is black & looks absolutely sweet after its been washed. Couldn't be happier w/the purchase. Capital Mazda of Cary gave us a great price. It is loaded (back-up camera, Bose system, auto rear hatch). Took it home for under 30K. And gave us exactly what we wanted in trade for Odyssey + threw in some extras. Very happy we went /the CX-9!

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2010 Mazda CX-9 in VA is:

$132 per month*