2010 Mazda CX-9 SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific CX-9 model:
Mazda CX-9 GT is performer & stylish
By pmb on 06/01/10 21:11 PM (PDT)

2010 Mazda CX-9 SUV Grand Touring 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

First of all, this is a great vehicle for the price paid. It offers a lot when compared to premium vehicles. Bluetooth, moonroof, Sirius, blind spot monitoring, 20 inch wheels, heated leather seats, innovative styling, beautiful gauges, back up camera, auto. rear hatch, auto dimming mirrors, tire pressure monitoring, 0% financing and more. Best of all it is fun to drive and has good cargo capacity and can be made better by adding more driver storage bins or compartments. Gas mileage can be better but I average 21.5 city/hwy. combined. Driven 7000+ miles w/o any issues. I recommend this over Toyota Highlander, Honda Pilot, GMC Acadia, Chevy Traverse, Kia and Hyundai. Indeed a Great buy!

Great Car
By Sam on 05/31/10 14:58 PM (PDT)

2010 Mazda CX-9 SUV Grand Touring 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

Just purchased a week ago and have to say what a great car this really is. Test drove the Pilot, Pathfinder. Highlander but this was the best value and drive for the money, by far. Had a VW Touareg a couple of years ago and feel as safe driving the Mazda as I did my Touareg.

Best value SUV
By homer78749 on 05/30/10 08:46 AM (PDT)

2010 Mazda CX-9 SUV Grand Touring 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

I went into the process with about six SUVs in mind (Q7, X5, Highlander, Enclave, FX35, and the CX-9). I was pretty smitten with the Q7. But Mazda makes it pretty tough because they are just such an exceptional value. I liked the Q7 better, but not $25K better. I test drove the X5 twice. I know it's heresy, but I think the CX-9 is a better vehicle. I liked all of the cars I drove pretty well, but Mazda gives you a luxury SUV, top of the line model, outstanding performance and reliability at a great price point. Styling is a personal thing, but behind the Q7 I thought it was the best looking of the bunch.

The Best Choice
By New Mazda Owner on 05/28/10 05:34 AM (PDT)

2010 Mazda CX-9 SUV Sport 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

My wife and myself have test drove every sub $35,000 SUV/ Crossover, and Van on the market for the last 6 months. I must confess the CX-9 was the best riding, best fit and finish I found for the money.

Love my car!
By MGL on 05/27/10 16:54 PM (PDT)

2010 Mazda CX-9 SUV Sport 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

Absolutely love the car. We've had it for two weeks. I've already used it once for a long trip. Our kids love the 3rd row. We started out wanting to get the GMC Acadia, but the GMC dealer didn't want to work with us at all. We decided to go to the Mazda dealership the next day, and had no problems. I'm really glad we decided to go with the CX9. It has so much space and it is fun to drive.

Great car but with some odd issues
By dougrek on 05/24/10 10:57 AM (PDT)

2010 Mazda CX-9 SUV Grand Touring 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

All in all we enjoy the car. Great acceleration and handling, plenty of passenger room, beautiful styling. I would recommend to friends and family. For a vehicle this size it's astounding we haven't had to change the brakes yet, and we're at 60,000 miles. Two odd issues: The mounting pads for the engine already are worn, which creates a nasty clinking sound when the car is put into gear; and the circuits go bad, meaning I'll turn off the car and the fan will suddenly go full blast - I have to turn the car on and off a couple of times to make that stop. But these are relatively minor fixes (I've been too lazy) because overall the car has been wonderful for us.

Drive luxury, spend reasonably
By Ldavenci on 05/22/10 18:43 PM (PDT)

2010 Mazda CX-9 SUV Grand Touring 4dr SUV AWD (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

I'm going to sum it up for those considering a purchase. If you want to spend $45-50k on a vehicle for name's sake, the you should purchase a Lexus, Infiniti, MB or Acura. They are great SUV/CUV choices from these brands. If you want the quality, amenities and sportiness of vehicles offered from these brands, but are in the $25-40k range as far as budget is concerned, then the CX-9 tops all others. We came from a Cayenne off lease and can believe how much value is packed into the CX-9. Don't even think about the Honda, Toyota, Chevy or Ford offerings at the same price (drove and priced them all). There is no comparison in regards to dollar for dollar value.

Excellent Choice
By undrgnd40 on 05/22/10 11:40 AM (PDT)

2010 Mazda CX-9 SUV Sport 4dr SUV AWD (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

This is an incredibly good choice for our family. The CX-9 looks great, it's fun to drive and built solidly. My older kids can ride in the 3rd row seat comfortably. Handles like a sporty sedan. Hands down, way more enjoyable to own than a minivan. Very good brakes. Plenty of nice features for being the "base" model.

Class Act - CX-9 Base Model w/AWD
By SammyHagar on 05/21/10 07:34 AM (PDT)

2010 Mazda CX-9 SUV Sport 4dr SUV AWD (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

Shopped and shopped - viewed and drove them all in the CX-9 class, the Mazda CX-9 was the winner hands down. White is the new Black when choosing color - The Mazda white is awesome when viewed on a sunny day. 60 months 0%, Owner Loyalty Rebate $500, $100 under invoice - pretty good deal - $3000 - under MSRP

Great car but the sound?
By CB on 05/20/10 21:37 PM (PDT)

2010 Mazda CX-9 SUV Grand Touring 4dr SUV AWD (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

Just purchased a 2010 CX-9 AWD GT, and the car looks great and drives well. I am not too much of a fan of the driver's seating position, but I am comfortable in it and it sure drives not like a SUV. However I am disappointed of the sound system (BOSE) that do not "sound" very well at all. I don't know if there is a problem with it, but the sound from the front side speakers is muffled and sounds distorted. I may to bring this car back to check on them (anyone have the same problem?). also, I thought that there was 6CD capability with the Bose system, but it looks you can just load on CD at the time (is this right?). we will have to drive a little more for more driving experience review

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2010 Mazda CX-9 Suv in VA is:

$133 per month*