2010 Mazda CX-9 SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific CX-9 model:
Just love it!
By CX9ZoomZoom on 11/18/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2010 Mazda CX-9 SUV Grand Touring 4dr SUV AWD (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

Most reviews have captured what I have to say. It such a pleasure to drive! Really sporty for such a big vehicle. I just love this car. Mileage could be better but it is not too terrible compared to others in this class. Quality of construction of certain interior components could be slightly better (compared to luxury vehicles). Overall, I love this car.

Very delighted owner
By Salmod89 on 11/16/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2010 Mazda CX-9 SUV Sport 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

We bought this car after testing several others like the Highlander and Traverse. The former lacks cargo space behind the third row and this third row is intended for children or small adults only. The later has its seats on the second and third rows too close to the floor that it makes it uncomfortable for long trips. We cannot be more pleased with our choice, its riding and performance are awesome, feels solid and its interior and exterior satisfy our taste. We've got so far 23 mpg, mainly on highways.

My second CX9
By Homer.too on 11/15/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2010 Mazda CX-9 SUV Grand Touring 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

I bought a 2009 Touring and kept it 18 months. Decided to move up to a Grand Touring in 2010. Wife wanted the power tail gate and we both wanted the back up camera and in dash GPS. This baby is loaded, the only thing missing is the moon roof which we didn't want anyway. Got a smoking deal. Upgraded a year also went from Touring to Gran Touring loaded for $8,000 tax, license incl. One real disappointment. The GPS system is very weak. Will not pull up POI's close to my house. Major chain stores we all know and have been in business several years do not show up. Also took a short trip last weekend and twice was told "could not provide guidance". This was on state hwys. WEAK real weak.

Great bang for the buck
By mitch on 11/15/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2010 Mazda CX-9 SUV Touring 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

Really nice price on a well built car. Wind noise on the highway is annoying, and interior lacks storage, but overall a great deal.

Test drive one, you'll be impressed!
By CC on 11/09/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2010 Mazda CX-9 SUV Touring 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

I did tons of research on crossovers and the CX9 blew away the competition. We test drove the Traverse, Flex, Subaru Tribeca & Pilot. The CX9 handles like a dream, it doesn't feel like a big SUV at all. The safety ratings are great, which we experienced firsthand- we were rear- ended within the first month. The triple-H construction lived up to its design, the other car was totaled, ours fared much better. The CX9 has the lowest percent chance of rollover among its competitors, even better than the Subaru. Dash controls are intuitive, heat & A/C work great. Lots of room for kids or adults in 2nd & 3rd rows. Seat folding is easy (the Ford and Chevy were both more difficult). Test drive one!

Great bang for your buck
By David on 11/06/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2010 Mazda CX-9 SUV Grand Touring 4dr SUV AWD (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

We purchased our Mazda CX9 after owning a Chevy Tahoe. We have all the bells and whistles on this car, and could not believe what we have for the price. We have had a few problems though. One being the air conditioning. When turning off the car, the air would turn on. We did have that fixed to just happen again. When making turns the car seems to be making sounds, not sure what that is, and need to have that checked. GAs mileage really needs to be improved. It seems like I am filling up that car all the time! Overall I am happy, but not sure I would buy one again considering the poor gas mileage.

Loving my new 2010 CX-9 GT!
By FormerH3Owner on 10/29/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2010 Mazda CX-9 SUV Grand Touring 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

I just picked up my Crystal White Pearl Mica GT last night. I LOVE this vehicle! My last two rides were H3's, which cost the same if not more then this beauty. I now realize how much I overpaid for my H3's after seeing all you get for your money with Mazda! I can't think of anything else I would want in a vehicle. It gets great gas mileage for the size (avg. 20 mixed), seats 7 when needed, the exterior and interior remind me of a Lexus, love the 20 inch wheels, rides like it is on glass - and all for way under $40k!

Big Zoom Zoom
By Drchuck on 10/26/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2010 Mazda CX-9 SUV Sport 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

This vehicle will fool ya. Its competent on the road, and I can get about 25.7 on cruise at 70-72 mph. I was surprised by that. I stand about 6'6" and have plenty of room, both head and leg. The tri-zone AC is one of the great features, and it works well. One area that impressed me was the TPM system. I picked up a nail through the sidewall, of course, and the system told me I had a problem very quickly. I am the principal driver (hers is a Prius) and our fleet average on the highway is about 37.5. She wanted me to get the Lexus, but it's too tight for a tall driver, and I saved a lot of cash. I look forward to driving this CX at every opportunity.

Very Happy Owner
By Bob on 10/22/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2010 Mazda CX-9 SUV Grand Touring 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

I bought the CX-9 GT to replace our 9 year old Odyssey. This time I bought a loaded vehicle (only 2WD though) and am glad I did. Previous reviews are spot on. Performance is good for a vehicle of this type. Interior fit and finish also very good. I looked long and hard at the Chevy Traverse (nice but too expensive), Ford Edge (no 3rd row seat) and the Subaru Tribeca (cheap looking interior and just didn't feel right). MDX was wonderful but couldn't justify the extra $8-$10k more. Sticker was $38,315 and I put $0 down and $630/mo for 60 months @ 0% interest.

Sweet CX-9 GT
By MAZDACX-9GT on 10/17/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2010 Mazda CX-9 SUV Grand Touring 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

Picked up are CX-9 GT with Bose. Handles very nice, lots of room for us and are 2 kids. Got a great price and not one issue dealing with Palisades Mazda,West Nyack. Cant wait to take on a road trip, and also see how it goes through the snow.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2010 Mazda CX-9 Suv in VA is:

$133 per month*