Used 2010 Mazda CX-9 SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Mazda CX-9 SUV

View reviews for a specific CX-9 model:

So Far, So Good
By gk

2010 Mazda CX-9 SUV Touring 4dr SUV AWD (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

This car runs well, looks great, and is fun to drive. I like the blue tooth feature as well as the ability to use my Ipod. The Bose system is also very powerful. I put the third seat down to create LOTS of room for cargo. This vehicle turns tight in narrow lanes as well. It looks good, and is fun to drive plus you are sitting up so you feel safer.

Favorite Features

Blue tooth, and the Bose System are the best features.

Suggested Improvements

This vehicle is so roomy, its a shame that there's not more nooks and crannies for keys, pens, and personal items.

great wheels
By Jerry

2010 Mazda CX-9 SUV Grand Touring 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

Less than a month since purchase and we are very happy that we chose cx-9 over Highlander etc. Overall mileage 19-20, highway 22-23. Although I am tempted to zoom-zoom at times. As I have read there are better tires to be had, but I am in no rush. Still learning some of the bells and whistles. Love backup camera and xenon headlights. Plenty of space.

Favorite Features

headlights,stereo, seating, ease of handling

Suggested Improvements

better mileage, 26 mpg on highway would be very nice

LUV The CX9!!!
By MELUSA1

2010 Mazda CX-9 SUV Grand Touring 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

Overall the CX9 is a great vehicle. It is our 2nd CX9 in 2 years. My wife loves the vehicle and we couldn't let the 0% offer for 60 months pass by. Awesome value for the price/features you receive. Puts to shame anything else in it's class.

Favorite Features

Blind Spot Monitoring,Hands Free Bluetooth, Bose Stereo,XENON,Size of third row seat legroom, I'm 6'3", my son is 6'5" we both fit no problems

Suggested Improvements

Smart Radio, Better MPG, Angle of Rear Doors, Auto On Head Lights

Love my CX-9
By John Stark

2010 Mazda CX-9 SUV Grand Touring 4dr SUV AWD (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

I test drove the 2010 CX-9, Highlander, Acadia and Flex. Key requirement was 3rd row of seats and fun to drive. After driving and researching all it came down to the Highlander and CX-9. Mazda CX-9 won on these items: - 3rd row is split. - More room behind 3rd row. Highlander barely had room for a row of groceries. - Access to 3rd row was WAY easier for the munchkins and adults than the Higlander. - Cx-9 is was more fun to drive. I liked the Highlander, but the Mazda has way more performance. Engine is smooth and shifts almost stealth. - Fit and finish is solid. Very nice looking car.

Favorite Features

- Blind side monitoring is genius. - Love the back-up camera. - Engine performace is the best in class by far. - Controls are well place. - Access to 3rd row.

Suggested Improvements

The only thing I can think of is to move the window controls a little closer, a light in the glove compartment and some more nooks for storage. But these are minor. Some folks have commented on the ride being stiff. It is bit noticeable but then the handling wouldn't be there if it were softer.

Way better then the Acadia
By Jason A.

2010 Mazda CX-9 SUV Touring 4dr SUV AWD (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

We looked pretty seriously at the Acadia and the Traverse, which were both nice, but this is much more fun to drive. Also got it for $8,000 less then the equal product in the Acadia. When I wen to the dealer, I drove the base model and ordered a touring. I thought that I might be a bit let down not getting the Acadia, but now I have no regrets. It's awesome... got to go for another road trip!

Favorite Features

Fun to drive, spacious interior, looks good, nice interior features