2010 Mazda CX-9 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific CX-9 model:
Best SUV On the Road
By RJMTZIV on 12/01/09 13:42 PM (PST)

2010 Mazda CX-9 Touring 4dr SUV AWD (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

I have been shopping for a new vehicle for over a year and every time I found a vehicle that sparked my interest, I was let down when I saw the vehicle in person. When I came across the cx9 I loved the styling and after the test drive it was a done deal. The cx9 all the room I was looking for and was a blast to drive. The cx9 is a perfect combination of SUV and sports car.

Best luxury family SUV for your $$
By Doug on 11/29/09 13:41 PM (PST)

2010 Mazda CX-9 Grand Touring 4dr SUV AWD (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

Fully loaded Mazda CX-9 Grand Touring. We agonized over which family SUV we would buy. Looked at Toyota Highlander, 4Runner, Acura MDX, Lexus RX350/400, BMW X3, Chevy Traverse, Honda Pilot, Volvo XC60/90, and a few others. If buying a car is a multi- variable decision (price, comfort, quality, reliability, luxury / convenience options, aesthetics), you absolutely have to check out the CX-9. Mazda has built the best car for your money, bar none, in the family SUV with 3 row class. It's a hidden gem. You will pay $5-10k more easily for a comparably equipped Toyota / Lexus, Honda / Acura. It's a great fit for anyone who wants a big car for the family but not as big as a Suburban.

2nd one!
By jjp on 11/20/09 09:49 AM (PST)

2010 Mazda CX-9 Grand Touring 4dr SUV AWD (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

Just traded a 2007 CX-9 Grand Touring for a 2010. Guess that says it all. Residual value was awesome after 3 years and had no issues with at all in 3 years. Most stylish people mover on the market.

great car
By fred on 11/19/09 07:32 AM (PST)

2010 Mazda CX-9 Sport 4dr SUV AWD (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

I traded my Mercedes R350 on a new Mazda CX9 Sport; what a value! Even the base level is well optioned, including heated seats. I added leather as a dealer installed option which was well worth it because the quality is much higher than the factory hides and it is less expensive that upgrading to the Touring model. My Mazda rides and drives like a dream and the styling is awesome. The cargo room with the seats folded down is enough for furniture and unlike my Mercedes you don't have to remove the headrests to put the seats down. If you are in the market for a 7 passenger, AWD vehicle, this is the one!

Crossover Best Buy
By Dave on 11/16/09 08:03 AM (PST)

2010 Mazda CX-9 Grand Touring 4dr SUV AWD (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

It was finally time to replace the 10 year old Pathfinder. In making our decision, the wife and I test drove the Pilot, Highlander, Veracruz and the CX-9. We were completely blown away by the the way the CX-9 handled. Believe me, you really need to test drive this vehicle to fully understand how well it drives. We went with the Grand Touring AWD model with the Bose / Moonroof and the Power Liftgate packages. We both find this vehicle very fun to drive and cannot wait to take it on our first road trip.

Exceeded my expectations
By geojp on 11/10/09 11:20 AM (PST)

2010 Mazda CX-9 Grand Touring 4dr SUV AWD (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

The cx-9 is very comfortable to drive. Love the seating position & visibility of the road. Lots of leg room (front & rear). Interior is very well thought out and organized. Exterior very appealing especially rear end. Car stickered at 39,200. Got it for 36,600 (including $500 Mazda loyalty cash)with 1.9% financing for 5 years.

Downsized from Suburban
By thead2 on 11/05/09 13:56 PM (PST)

2010 Mazda CX-9 Grand Touring 4dr SUV AWD (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

I downsized from a 2003 Suburban and was concerned about giving up 8 passenger seating so I was glad to find the CX-9. The third row is difficult to get little ones in and out that need adult help in getting fastened, I would not want this to be an every day thing, but I am a grandparent, so when needed it will work. The built in dvd system was a hit on day 1. I have had it not quite a month, and so far I am very pleased with it. Gas mileage is not great, however I knew that going in. It has great power which was important in going from my V8 Suburban, I haven't gotten myself into trouble yet. Its very comfortable, seats are great. No issues yet, overall very pleased.

TOTALLY AWESOME SUV
By CX-MAN on 11/04/09 06:18 AM (PST)

2010 Mazda CX-9 Grand Touring 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

Traded in a minivan last Halloween,and i really made the right decision. I own a CR-V and a Toyota and i can really tell the difference in driving,comfort and the responsiveness of the vehicle. I got the BOSE-Moonroof Pack and the sound is amazing. Driver's cockpit is classy. Transmission is smooth,manumatic shift is a plus. Bluetooth and voice command recognition is nice and standard. The interior fit and finish is at it's finest,such a handsome look outside but still looks good even when carrying the whole family. This is trully a ZOOM-ZOOM vehicle from Mazda,so fun to drive. Can't wait to drive to Florida w/ the family on Thanksgiving!

Awesome inside and out
By HMAC on 11/01/09 14:15 PM (PST)

2010 Mazda CX-9 Grand Touring 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

Just picked -up the vehicle from the dealership.Traded in our sienna minivan,came out to be one of my best decisions.Tried going to pilot but cant stand the boxy look, the nose looks like a bulldog.Highlander is ok but on the small side. I love how the cx-9 looks from inside and out. Very comfortable ride,very smooth transmission. Manumatic shift is great,makes it more sporty feel.20" is awesome adds on the vehicle's handsome look,BSM is great too.Interior finish and cockpit looks classy. Definitely this mazda is a keeper.

AWESOME Car
By Mazdude17 on 10/27/09 18:06 PM (PDT)

2010 Mazda CX-9 Grand Touring 4dr SUV AWD (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

Waited for the 2010 to arrive before I pulled the trigger. Was considering the MDX and others. Test drove many. I went the CX-9 because it is the best value. My wife and I both felt the MDX had no luxury value over the MDX. The new CX-9 is really nice! It handles it beyond expectations and has awesome features. I am 6'3" and this car was is very comfortable. Adding both the IPOD Module and Overhead DVD.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2010 Mazda CX-9 in VA is:

$132 per month*