Used 2010 Mazda CX-9 SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Mazda CX-9 SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific CX-9 model:

Great car but with some odd issues
By dougrek

2010 Mazda CX-9 SUV Grand Touring 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

All in all we enjoy the car. Great acceleration and handling, plenty of passenger room, beautiful styling. I would recommend to friends and family. For a vehicle this size it's astounding we haven't had to change the brakes yet, and we're at 60,000 miles. Two odd issues: The mounting pads for the engine already are worn, which creates a nasty clinking sound when the car is put into gear; and the circuits go bad, meaning I'll turn off the car and the fan will suddenly go full blast - I have to turn the car on and off a couple of times to make that stop. But these are relatively minor fixes (I've been too lazy) because overall the car has been wonderful for us.

Speed, handling, agility, passenger space.

Better engine mount pads and more circuit breakers - very annoying having the fans turn on when I turn OFF the car.

Drive luxury, spend reasonably
By Ldavenci

2010 Mazda CX-9 SUV Grand Touring 4dr SUV AWD (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

I'm going to sum it up for those considering a purchase. If you want to spend $45-50k on a vehicle for name's sake, the you should purchase a Lexus, Infiniti, MB or Acura. They are great SUV/CUV choices from these brands. If you want the quality, amenities and sportiness of vehicles offered from these brands, but are in the $25-40k range as far as budget is concerned, then the CX-9 tops all others. We came from a Cayenne off lease and can believe how much value is packed into the CX-9. Don't even think about the Honda, Toyota, Chevy or Ford offerings at the same price (drove and priced them all). There is no comparison in regards to dollar for dollar value.

Interior quality, road manors, Grand Touring package goodies (keyless entry, HID lamps, Bose stereo), blind spot monitoring system, power lift gate, bluetooth audio streaming, backup camera, door closing does not sound cheap, interior design is focused of driver cockpit....well thought out.

Automatic locking doors, more storage compartments, power lift gate execution was an afterthought, that's why you cannot get a rear cargo cover for the power lift gate models. Nav system needs a new user interface and better graphics, rear back up camera quality is average.

Excellent Choice
By undrgnd40

2010 Mazda CX-9 SUV Sport 4dr SUV AWD (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

This is an incredibly good choice for our family. The CX-9 looks great, it's fun to drive and built solidly. My older kids can ride in the 3rd row seat comfortably. Handles like a sporty sedan. Hands down, way more enjoyable to own than a minivan. Very good brakes. Plenty of nice features for being the "base" model.

Interior/Exterior styling. Acceleration and handling. Fun to look at gauges. Intuitive ergonomics and controls.

Latch system for infant seats in third row.

Class Act - CX-9 Base Model w/AWD
By SammyHagar

2010 Mazda CX-9 SUV Sport 4dr SUV AWD (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

Shopped and shopped - viewed and drove them all in the CX-9 class, the Mazda CX-9 was the winner hands down. White is the new Black when choosing color - The Mazda white is awesome when viewed on a sunny day. 60 months 0%, Owner Loyalty Rebate $500, $100 under invoice - pretty good deal - $3000 - under MSRP

Size, AWD

Fuel mileage, but I do like the power, so I would not really improve it.

Great car but the sound?
By CB

2010 Mazda CX-9 SUV Grand Touring 4dr SUV AWD (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

Just purchased a 2010 CX-9 AWD GT, and the car looks great and drives well. I am not too much of a fan of the driver's seating position, but I am comfortable in it and it sure drives not like a SUV. However I am disappointed of the sound system (BOSE) that do not "sound" very well at all. I don't know if there is a problem with it, but the sound from the front side speakers is muffled and sounds distorted. I may to bring this car back to check on them (anyone have the same problem?). also, I thought that there was 6CD capability with the Bose system, but it looks you can just load on CD at the time (is this right?). we will have to drive a little more for more driving experience review

looks, handling