2010 Mazda CX-9 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific CX-9 model:
HANDS DOWN - BEST IN CLASS!!!
By Mazzy on 12/30/09 10:19 AM (PST)

2010 Mazda CX-9 Grand Touring 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

Had to do my research and I'm glad I did! The CX-9 is by far the best value for your $. Bought the GT w/Bose/Moonroof & Power Liftgate pkg. At first i thought i didn't need a power liftgate. Boy was i wrong. It's a must especially with a baby. I also own a Lexus ES300 and i didn't think i would find a more comfortable ride..until now. The CX-9 is all i had hoped for & more. Personally, the CX-9 destroyed the Highlander(3rd row impostor),Pilot, Murano. Skeptics out there looking for a roomy, styling, SUV check out the Mazda CX-9. You'll see and feel the difference. Lastly-Mazda is not owned by Ford. Fords stake in Mazda is 13% & every CX-9 comes from Japan.

Very amazed about this vehicle !!!
By Guillermo on 12/25/09 06:57 AM (PST)

2010 Mazda CX-9 Sport 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

WOW, that basically what comes to mine mind when describing this vehicle. Great performance, excellent Cargo space,comfort is awesome either at the front row and second row, dashboard is very nice and neat, bluetooth is also another great feature and extremely easy to setup. Mazda should add to their Basic package the Cargo Cover and Cargo Mat. We purchased the Sport Model and added the after market leather. Great Choice, way much better material the factory installed, cheaper. You will not go wrong when considering the purchase of this vehicle.

Love my zoom zoom zoom
By cx9lover on 12/23/09 14:39 PM (PST)

2010 Mazda CX-9 Grand Touring 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

I've had the gt cx9 for a month now. I absolutely love it! I was worried it wouldn't be as smooth as my Lexus Rx, but I don't even notice the difference! I considered the Acura mdx, the Buick Enclave, and the Highlander. This was definitely the best choice! I love the keyless entry, the third row, the sirius radio, the ipod connection (sounds awesome with Bose speakers), and the navigation! I feel like I got a pair of Jimmy Choos for half off! I do wish the doors automatically locked after shifting to drive, and that the cargo cover was available for power liftgate doors (got used to both with my lexus). Great car all around, I don't miss the Lexus one bit!

"impressive ride"
By rsbklyn on 12/21/09 13:49 PM (PST)

2010 Mazda CX-9 Touring 4dr SUV AWD (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

Got the CX-9 im place of my leased'07 Envoy. Took test drive and was sold. Great power and handling. The cockpit really sold me. Took it out in the snow and WAS IMPRESSED ON HOW IT HANDLED. Price was right for a 7 pass CUV.

Mazda CX9: The Perfect Family Hauler
By newmazdafan on 12/21/09 12:12 PM (PST)

2010 Mazda CX-9 Grand Touring 4dr SUV AWD (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

I love this vehicle! It's sporty, roomy and handles incredibly well on slick streets. I drove it on a rain- soaked highway at 70 MPH, and the CX9 was completely sure footed. My previous cars have been a Ford Mustang, a Suburu Impreza, an Infiniti G35, and a Honda mini-van...and the CX- 9 combines all the best attributes from those cars. It is really, really fun to drive...is a very high quality build...and all the kids and their stuff fit inside. The only downside is the poor gas mileage. I do a combination of highway and surface street driving, and I'm only getting 15 MPG.

Best Looks & Riding SUV Available!!!
By Art Maddox on 12/20/09 10:14 AM (PST)

2010 Mazda CX-9 Grand Touring 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

I just purchased the CX-9. There is no question that the Mazda is far more superior to it's competitors. I can't say enough good things about it. If your in the market for a SUV that seats 7, do yourself a favor and test drive one. It'll make you a believer as well.

Another keeper
By TIM JONES on 12/18/09 05:45 AM (PST)

2010 Mazda CX-9 Touring 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

Our second Mazda product and no disappointments. We shopped for weeks and considered all similar vehicles from $25,000 to $40,000+. Nothing compared for dollar value. This CX-9 set the standard for everything else. We could not find any reason to buy Lexus, Acura etc. Nothing is perfect but we have yet to find any faults which is a great experience, especially considering the selling price compared to others. Yes it would be nice to have better mileage but ride, comfort and build quality are first class.

Best Kept Secret
By NV on 12/10/09 18:51 PM (PST)

2010 Mazda CX-9 Grand Touring 4dr SUV AWD (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

Love the car, it rides great the pick up is impressive. Grand Touring comes with 20's HID Headlights, Bose sound system, backup camera, bindspot indicator. Cargo space is roomy with the 3rd row down more room that an Acura MDX, ML 350 or BMW X5. The 20's wheels makes the ride a little bumpy the 18's ride smoother.

Mazda CX 9: Over-achiever of the year!
By camp168 on 12/07/09 10:33 AM (PST)

2010 Mazda CX-9 Touring 4dr SUV AWD (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

We bought this car to replace an 01 Explorer that was going to cost more than it was worth to repair. We tried the Chevy Traverse, Ford Edge, and Explorer XLT...after 5 minutes in the CX 9 it was a done deal! We got the Touring model with AWD, and it blows away anyone elses SUV/CUV! A like vehicle from Acura or Lexus would be $15k more! Fit and finish is exceptional. I am tall - 6'2"- as is my wife at 5'8" so we figure the kids will be big, so I sat in the 2nd and 3rd rows...plenty of room in the 2nd row, and even in the 3rd though head room was shorter...but I could see my self in any seat in the vehicle for a 2-3 hour trip with no problem! The engine is powerful and smooth. Tight handling!

Best 7 Passenger SUV out there
By JT on 12/04/09 17:43 PM (PST)

2010 Mazda CX-9 Grand Touring 4dr SUV AWD (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

Had it two weeks. Thrill to drive. You name it, we considered it. Bottom line was MDX, Traverse, and CX-9. MDX offered really no extra value for the money and the 2nd row didn't allow rear entry on both sides! MDX 3rd row terrible. Easy on the CX-9. The Traverse was just too long for our garage. It's half a foot longer than a minivan. For our family, this was the best value and ride. We got every feature and were treated well. No regrets. We were surprised how much we liked CX-9. Always presumed we'd buy an MDX (actually disappointed it wasn't as good as we'd expected).

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2010 Mazda CX-9 in VA is:

$132 per month*