Used 2010 Mazda CX-9 Grand Touring SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific CX-9 model:

What a Surprise
By Bryan O

2010 Mazda CX-9 SUV Grand Touring 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

We had been looking, since July 2010 and covered everything but a Kia. We drove the Porsche, MB ML-350 you name it and we drove them all. I can say this was the winner by a long shot. Coming from a Porsche guy, I am glad we saw and drove this wonderful vehicle last.

Favorite Features

Everything.

Suggested Improvements

DVD system with the Sunroof.

My second CX9
By Homer.too

2010 Mazda CX-9 SUV Grand Touring 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

I bought a 2009 Touring and kept it 18 months. Decided to move up to a Grand Touring in 2010. Wife wanted the power tail gate and we both wanted the back up camera and in dash GPS. This baby is loaded, the only thing missing is the moon roof which we didn't want anyway. Got a smoking deal. Upgraded a year also went from Touring to Gran Touring loaded for $8,000 tax, license incl. One real disappointment. The GPS system is very weak. Will not pull up POI's close to my house. Major chain stores we all know and have been in business several years do not show up. Also took a short trip last weekend and twice was told "could not provide guidance". This was on state hwys. WEAK real weak.

Suggested Improvements

Upgrade the performance of the in dash GPS unit. My cheap (by comparison) portable Garmin out performs this high dollar unit hands down. This unit is a real disappointment to an otherwise nice vehicle.

Loving my new 2010 CX-9 GT!
By FormerH3Owner

2010 Mazda CX-9 SUV Grand Touring 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

I just picked up my Crystal White Pearl Mica GT last night. I LOVE this vehicle! My last two rides were H3's, which cost the same if not more then this beauty. I now realize how much I overpaid for my H3's after seeing all you get for your money with Mazda! I can't think of anything else I would want in a vehicle. It gets great gas mileage for the size (avg. 20 mixed), seats 7 when needed, the exterior and interior remind me of a Lexus, love the 20 inch wheels, rides like it is on glass - and all for way under $40k!

Favorite Features

Bose, Moonroof, HID headlights, 20 inch wheels, 4.3 inch audio/phone display (very sharp looking!), blind- spot monitoring system, plush interior, doors feel solid, seating for 7 when needed, grocery bag holders in cargo area, LED tail lights

Suggested Improvements

Which the fog lights were HID as well to match headlights, power fold down/up on rear seats, tone down the huge smile on the grille

Very Happy Owner
By Bob

2010 Mazda CX-9 SUV Grand Touring 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

I bought the CX-9 GT to replace our 9 year old Odyssey. This time I bought a loaded vehicle (only 2WD though) and am glad I did. Previous reviews are spot on. Performance is good for a vehicle of this type. Interior fit and finish also very good. I looked long and hard at the Chevy Traverse (nice but too expensive), Ford Edge (no 3rd row seat) and the Subaru Tribeca (cheap looking interior and just didn't feel right). MDX was wonderful but couldn't justify the extra $8-$10k more. Sticker was $38,315 and I put $0 down and $630/mo for 60 months @ 0% interest.

Favorite Features

Comfort and solid feel while driving. Styling - especially with the 20's.

Suggested Improvements

1) Eliminate the fake aluminum interior door and cabin trim. Used GT's I drove had scratches to the coating which looked terrible. 2) The exposed second row seat tracks on the floor. Mazda could have engineered better. The clear tape that covers the tracks will age and flake. 3) More MPG!!!

Sweet CX-9 GT
By MAZDACX-9GT

2010 Mazda CX-9 SUV Grand Touring 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

Picked up are CX-9 GT with Bose. Handles very nice, lots of room for us and are 2 kids. Got a great price and not one issue dealing with Palisades Mazda,West Nyack. Cant wait to take on a road trip, and also see how it goes through the snow.

Favorite Features

Color Liquid Silver and style

Suggested Improvements

Gas Mileage