2010 Mazda CX-9 SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific CX-9 model:
What a Surprise
By Bryan O on 11/26/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2010 Mazda CX-9 SUV Grand Touring 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

We had been looking, since July 2010 and covered everything but a Kia. We drove the Porsche, MB ML-350 you name it and we drove them all. I can say this was the winner by a long shot. Coming from a Porsche guy, I am glad we saw and drove this wonderful vehicle last.

My second CX9
By Homer.too on 11/15/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2010 Mazda CX-9 SUV Grand Touring 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

I bought a 2009 Touring and kept it 18 months. Decided to move up to a Grand Touring in 2010. Wife wanted the power tail gate and we both wanted the back up camera and in dash GPS. This baby is loaded, the only thing missing is the moon roof which we didn't want anyway. Got a smoking deal. Upgraded a year also went from Touring to Gran Touring loaded for $8,000 tax, license incl. One real disappointment. The GPS system is very weak. Will not pull up POI's close to my house. Major chain stores we all know and have been in business several years do not show up. Also took a short trip last weekend and twice was told "could not provide guidance". This was on state hwys. WEAK real weak.

Loving my new 2010 CX-9 GT!
By FormerH3Owner on 10/29/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2010 Mazda CX-9 SUV Grand Touring 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

I just picked up my Crystal White Pearl Mica GT last night. I LOVE this vehicle! My last two rides were H3's, which cost the same if not more then this beauty. I now realize how much I overpaid for my H3's after seeing all you get for your money with Mazda! I can't think of anything else I would want in a vehicle. It gets great gas mileage for the size (avg. 20 mixed), seats 7 when needed, the exterior and interior remind me of a Lexus, love the 20 inch wheels, rides like it is on glass - and all for way under $40k!

Very Happy Owner
By Bob on 10/22/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2010 Mazda CX-9 SUV Grand Touring 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

I bought the CX-9 GT to replace our 9 year old Odyssey. This time I bought a loaded vehicle (only 2WD though) and am glad I did. Previous reviews are spot on. Performance is good for a vehicle of this type. Interior fit and finish also very good. I looked long and hard at the Chevy Traverse (nice but too expensive), Ford Edge (no 3rd row seat) and the Subaru Tribeca (cheap looking interior and just didn't feel right). MDX was wonderful but couldn't justify the extra $8-$10k more. Sticker was $38,315 and I put $0 down and $630/mo for 60 months @ 0% interest.

Sweet CX-9 GT
By MAZDACX-9GT on 10/17/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2010 Mazda CX-9 SUV Grand Touring 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

Picked up are CX-9 GT with Bose. Handles very nice, lots of room for us and are 2 kids. Got a great price and not one issue dealing with Palisades Mazda,West Nyack. Cant wait to take on a road trip, and also see how it goes through the snow.

Love it! Love it! Love it!
By Elizabeth T. on 08/09/10 17:18 PM (PDT)

2010 Mazda CX-9 SUV Grand Touring 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

So far this has been BY FAR the very best car I have ever driven. I love the blind spot sensor. That really helps me feel safe when trying to change lanes. It is very quiet and I don't get all the road noise I used to get. There is some much functional space w/o a lot of wasted space. My kids love it too!

Great performance and style
By pmb on 06/01/10 21:17 PM (PDT)

2010 Mazda CX-9 SUV Grand Touring 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

First of all, this is a great vehicle for the price paid. It offers a lot when compared to premium vehicles. Bluetooth, moonroof, Sirius, blind spot monitoring, 20 inch wheels, heated leather seats, innovative styling, beautiful gauges, back up camera, auto. rear hatch, auto dimming mirrors, tire pressure monitoring, 0% financing and more. Best of all it is fun to drive and has good cargo capacity and can be made better by adding more driver storage bins or compartments. Gas mileage can be better but I average 21.5 city/hwy. combined. Driven 7000+ miles w/o any issues. I recommend this over Toyota Highlander, Honda Pilot, GMC Acadia, Chevy Traverse, Kia and Hyundai. Indeed a Great buy!

Mazda CX-9 GT is performer & stylish
By pmb on 06/01/10 21:11 PM (PDT)

Great Car
By Sam on 05/31/10 14:58 PM (PDT)

2010 Mazda CX-9 SUV Grand Touring 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

Just purchased a week ago and have to say what a great car this really is. Test drove the Pilot, Pathfinder. Highlander but this was the best value and drive for the money, by far. Had a VW Touareg a couple of years ago and feel as safe driving the Mazda as I did my Touareg.

Best value SUV
By homer78749 on 05/30/10 08:46 AM (PDT)

2010 Mazda CX-9 SUV Grand Touring 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

I went into the process with about six SUVs in mind (Q7, X5, Highlander, Enclave, FX35, and the CX-9). I was pretty smitten with the Q7. But Mazda makes it pretty tough because they are just such an exceptional value. I liked the Q7 better, but not $25K better. I test drove the X5 twice. I know it's heresy, but I think the CX-9 is a better vehicle. I liked all of the cars I drove pretty well, but Mazda gives you a luxury SUV, top of the line model, outstanding performance and reliability at a great price point. Styling is a personal thing, but behind the Q7 I thought it was the best looking of the bunch.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2010 Mazda CX-9 Suv in VA is:

$133 per month*