2010 Mazda CX-9 Sport SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

Sort Reviews by

Very delighted owner
By Salmod89

2010 Mazda CX-9 SUV Sport 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

We bought this car after testing several others like the Highlander and Traverse. The former lacks cargo space behind the third row and this third row is intended for children or small adults only. The later has its seats on the second and third rows too close to the floor that it makes it uncomfortable for long trips. We cannot be more pleased with our choice, its riding and performance are awesome, feels solid and its interior and exterior satisfy our taste. We've got so far 23 mpg, mainly on highways.

Favorite Features

Its riding, style, quality and comfort.

Suggested Improvements

The cargo cover is cumbersome to manage. It needs a pair of cup holders for the second row

Big Zoom Zoom
By Drchuck

2010 Mazda CX-9 SUV Sport 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

This vehicle will fool ya. Its competent on the road, and I can get about 25.7 on cruise at 70-72 mph. I was surprised by that. I stand about 6'6" and have plenty of room, both head and leg. The tri-zone AC is one of the great features, and it works well. One area that impressed me was the TPM system. I picked up a nail through the sidewall, of course, and the system told me I had a problem very quickly. I am the principal driver (hers is a Prius) and our fleet average on the highway is about 37.5. She wanted me to get the Lexus, but it's too tight for a tall driver, and I saved a lot of cash. I look forward to driving this CX at every opportunity.

Favorite Features

Big Zoom, Zoom

Suggested Improvements

Every 4 wheel vehicle should have running lights. No excuse for a vehicle to be darked out on one side if a headlamp fails.

New owner of Mazda CX 9
By xlostlaker

2010 Mazda CX-9 SUV Sport 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

Only had my new CX9 FWD for 3 weeks but everything favorable written about it in other reviews by actual owners, is pretty much true. I bought the Sport Model and had leather seats and Sirius radio installed.

Favorite Features

Very Comfortable leather seating feels great for my bad back. Very smooth 6 speed transmission, with a manual shifting option. Powerful very large V6 engine gives excellent acceleration. Very solid feel on the road. Adequate leg room for the 2nd and 3rd row passengers.

Suggested Improvements

Find a way to increase fuel economy, as it is below most of the other crossovers I looked at in this price range and the only negative feature I could find.

The Best Choice
By New Mazda Owner

2010 Mazda CX-9 SUV Sport 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

My wife and myself have test drove every sub $35,000 SUV/ Crossover, and Van on the market for the last 6 months. I must confess the CX-9 was the best riding, best fit and finish I found for the money.

Favorite Features

Room, Ride

Suggested Improvements

more storage up front

Love my car!
By MGL

2010 Mazda CX-9 SUV Sport 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

Absolutely love the car. We've had it for two weeks. I've already used it once for a long trip. Our kids love the 3rd row. We started out wanting to get the GMC Acadia, but the GMC dealer didn't want to work with us at all. We decided to go to the Mazda dealership the next day, and had no problems. I'm really glad we decided to go with the CX9. It has so much space and it is fun to drive.

Favorite Features

Everything

Suggested Improvements

Better fuel economy.

CX-9 Sport Model
By galo

2010 Mazda CX-9 SUV Sport 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

After driving it for only 1 week, my wife absolutely loves it. It is stylish and elegant, very quiet ride and comfortable. The 3rd seat is what sold me, plenty of leg room for an adult, same as the 2nd row. Although I think Mazda could have dressed up the interior with more chrome pieces, I still like the way it looks, I feel that the CX-9 is more ergonomic than other crossovers. We looked at GMC Acadia, Chevy Traverse, Honda Crosstour, Hyundai SantaFe and Toyota Venza and none appealed to us as much as the CX-9. I definatelly recommend it.

Favorite Features

Stylish appearance that any age driver should feel proud. Very ergonomic and comfortable. Back-up camera is a nice feature. Sound system is very nice and clear.

Suggested Improvements

I feel that Mazda could have added an integrated Homelink system and automatic On/OFF driving lights. And a sunroof option in the Sport package would have been nice too.

CX9 Sport with lots of Bells & Whistles!
By Jules from SoCal

2010 Mazda CX-9 SUV Sport 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

Needed to downsize from a 2007 Chevy Tahoe but still needed third row option. I loved my Tahoe! But did not love the $604 monthly payment! We compared the CX9 to the Pilot and the Acadia. The CX9 Sport had soo many more bells and whistles for a base model! It was a NO BRAINER for us! Bluetooth, roofrack, seat warmers, satellite radio, dual zone heating/cooling, nice dashboard finish, power seats and drives beautifully! The first night I had the CX9 7 of us piled in for my birthday! We all fit comfortably!

Favorite Features

Bluetooth! WOW! No more earpiece falling out of my ear! Satellite radio, seat warmers, dual zone heating/cooling, smooth comfortable ride, and love the look of this crossover!

Suggested Improvements

Wish the area that displays the radio station, temperature readings, etc was larger. Since I do not have navigation system display is a bit narrow from what I am used to.

Bought a 2010 Mazda CX-9 Sport
By mcareat

2010 Mazda CX-9 SUV Sport 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

We have had our new Mazda CX-9 a week and love it (especially the kids)! We got the Sport model with the power driver seat / dual seat heaters. the Bluetooth feature is great and sound good. Looked at all the 3 row crossovers and liked this one the best.

Favorite Features

The overall look and feel of the vehicle and the Bluetooth feature is great.

Suggested Improvements

Need some speakers in the back on the basic audio package, 6 is not enough.

Very amazed about this vehicle !!!
By Guillermo

2010 Mazda CX-9 SUV Sport 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

WOW, that basically what comes to mine mind when describing this vehicle. Great performance, excellent Cargo space,comfort is awesome either at the front row and second row, dashboard is very nice and neat, bluetooth is also another great feature and extremely easy to setup. Mazda should add to their Basic package the Cargo Cover and Cargo Mat. We purchased the Sport Model and added the after market leather. Great Choice, way much better material the factory installed, cheaper. You will not go wrong when considering the purchase of this vehicle.

Favorite Features

Performance, Comfort, Road Handling, Cargo Space, Visibility.

Suggested Improvements

Include on the Basic Package: Cargo Area Cover, Cargo Mat (at least behing the third row)

Mazda CX9 is ZOOM ZOOM GOOD
By jetsnut

2010 Mazda CX-9 SUV Sport 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

I love the way this SUV drives. The keyless entry is the ticket! Now I know why Motor trend named it "SUV of the Year" I have been in for Service at Schwartz Mazda and they even gave me a massage while I was waiting.

Favorite Features

The keyless entry is the ticket and the Bose Stereo

Suggested Improvements

truck room