2010 Mazda CX-9 SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific CX-9 model:
AWESOME RIDE!!!
By cathman on 03/06/13 19:05 PM (PST)

2010 Mazda CX-9 SUV Grand Touring 4dr SUV AWD (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

Amazing vehicle!! Bought used w/40,000 miles. Incredible used car deal! Absolutely loaded... Handles like its on rails(for a big car). Avg. 25.6 mpg on a 3 state road trip! Tons of power, and super comfortable!!I'm a major Mazda fan... 03 MPV has 185,000 on it and still gets 26.5 mpg! Mazda zoom zoom thru & thru!! If u need a big family vehicle without needing a minivan...Go buy this car!

Things to consider before purchasing
By ddb1 on 03/16/12 16:08 PM (PDT)

2010 Mazda CX-9 SUV Touring 4dr SUV AWD (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

After owning for 16 months, the Cons, especially #1, outweigh the Pros. Cons - Passenger side air bag turns off when anyone <105ish lbs sits there. Taken it to the dealer & they say there's nothing they can do about it. This leaves my light passengers completely unprotected. Should be a recall. - Front defrost is terribly designed - doesn't span the length of the windshield & sits too far away from the base of the window. Wipers freeze over and have to be manually snapped in a snow storm. - Sub par radio reception - Hatchback too low. 6'1" husband hits head A LOT - Highway MPG = 19 at best - Terrible leather quality Pro - Excellent 4 wheel drive - Price - Super roomy

Familyt Road-Trip Rock Star!
By tdough on 07/08/11 14:40 PM (PDT)

2010 Mazda CX-9 SUV Touring 4dr SUV AWD (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

We have 17,000 miles on our 2010 CX9, 5000 of those have come in a 5000+ mile cross-country and back trip in the past five weeks. I have really liked this car since I bought it 15 months ago, now I love it! It really excels on the highway - very fun to drive, great handling, and very comfortable. I really shopped around before buying it, especially giving the Honda Pilot serious consideration, but I am SO glad I went with the Mazda.

Crash worthy
By veloguru on 06/07/11 06:26 AM (PDT)

2010 Mazda CX-9 SUV Touring 4dr SUV AWD (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

I had my 2010 CX-9 for a year and was involved in a very hard front end collision which rolled the other vehicle over. My two young kids and I were totally unscratched, and even though the front end was destroyed, all the doors were still aligned and working perfectly! Impressive. I'm off to my dealer to order a brand new CX-9. ( white, not black this time, too lazy to keep the black clean!)

11,000 Mile Review
By berad on 05/11/11 05:59 AM (PDT)

2010 Mazda CX-9 SUV Touring 4dr SUV AWD (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

All in all this is a solid family hauler. I chose the Touring for the smaller rim size. Handling is very good for its class, but you will feel the bumps. We moved halfway across the country, so I had my wife two kids & two dogs in the car for 1800 miles / 28 hours of driving- the CX9 proved itself to a great car for the trip. I averaged about 24 MPG on that trip. In what I consider true suburban driving I would get about 18MPG. Now I live in a little town on the Jersey shore now and average about 14MGP in city style driving. Power is more than adequate for all but the true enthusiast and or speed demon.

Great Crossover
By talydude on 04/13/11 19:04 PM (PDT)

2010 Mazda CX-9 SUV Touring 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

Bought a used 2010 Touring with Bose package/rear view/ power lift around a week back. Like it so far. Drive is very smooth. Transitioning from car, rear view camera helps a lot. Very calm until 60 miles. after that gets little noisy. Did i say drive is smooth. yep.

like my CX-9
By bucksull on 01/26/11 06:30 AM (PST)

2010 Mazda CX-9 SUV Touring 4dr SUV AWD (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

Handles great ....firm and sure..... Yet not overly stiff. I think Mazda got it right with the CX-9 performance. Test drive of the CX-9 is a must when investigating your options. This is exactly what I was looking for, an AWD crossover that drives well. Took it to the mountains on ski trip …. Handles the snow very well including some side roads that were pretty steep. The 3rd row seat comes in handy and has decent amount of room. I am happy with this purchase.

Good car, Horrible tires
By njpathfinder28 on 12/26/10 17:53 PM (PST)

2010 Mazda CX-9 SUV Touring 4dr SUV AWD (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

I like my CX-9. Except for two things. No fog lights on any models below the GT. I don't like the Zenon headlights and those low profile, 20 inch rims are bad news. So I have an expensive vechicle the doesn't even come with fog lights. Second major problem is Mazda's choice of Bridgestone Dueler tires. They are NOT all season radials. I drove on an inch of snow and the car couldn't hold the road! So I have a AWD car that is dangerous in the snow!

Love the car, not the dealer
By buff099 on 12/20/10 20:41 PM (PST)

2010 Mazda CX-9 SUV Touring 4dr SUV AWD (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

The CX9 is a great crossover. I like the V6 pick up, I like the design, I'm ok with the gas mileage (could be better), but overall this is a very good SUV. I'm unhappy with my dealer...and that doesn't take away from the car. Do not deal with Mazda in Lodi New Jersey out on Route 46. Salesman told me it had satellite radio...little did I know it wasn't in it, just satellite ready. So after shelling out 30K now I have to buy a radio...not kosher. They did not care one bit. So the guy lies to me and that's OK. Get yourself this SUV, just not from Mazda in Lodi.

What a Surprise
By Bryan O on 11/26/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2010 Mazda CX-9 SUV Grand Touring 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

We had been looking, since July 2010 and covered everything but a Kia. We drove the Porsche, MB ML-350 you name it and we drove them all. I can say this was the winner by a long shot. Coming from a Porsche guy, I am glad we saw and drove this wonderful vehicle last.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2010 Mazda CX-9 Suv in VA is:

$133 per month*