2010 Mazda CX-9 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific CX-9 model:
Great Crossover
By talydude on 04/13/11 19:04 PM (PDT)

2010 Mazda CX-9 Touring 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

Bought a used 2010 Touring with Bose package/rear view/ power lift around a week back. Like it so far. Drive is very smooth. Transitioning from car, rear view camera helps a lot. Very calm until 60 miles. after that gets little noisy. Did i say drive is smooth. yep.

Great bang for the buck
By mitch on 11/15/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2010 Mazda CX-9 Touring 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

Really nice price on a well built car. Wind noise on the highway is annoying, and interior lacks storage, but overall a great deal.

Test drive one, you'll be impressed!
By CC on 11/09/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2010 Mazda CX-9 Touring 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

I did tons of research on crossovers and the CX9 blew away the competition. We test drove the Traverse, Flex, Subaru Tribeca & Pilot. The CX9 handles like a dream, it doesn't feel like a big SUV at all. The safety ratings are great, which we experienced firsthand- we were rear- ended within the first month. The triple-H construction lived up to its design, the other car was totaled, ours fared much better. The CX9 has the lowest percent chance of rollover among its competitors, even better than the Subaru. Dash controls are intuitive, heat & A/C work great. Lots of room for kids or adults in 2nd & 3rd rows. Seat folding is easy (the Ford and Chevy were both more difficult). Test drive one!

GM to Mazda
By Cactus Driver on 10/08/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2010 Mazda CX-9 Touring 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

Replaced an '05 Trailblazer. CX-9 is far superior in quality, style and fun factor. Much quieter and better fuel economy than the blazer 6 cyl. The leather seats, and orange dash glow was very easy to read and attractive. Very quiet and great handling on the road. Acceleration was powerful and smooth. No jerky downshifting when trying to merge. Bose sound is a premium. Bluetooth is a must in today's 'connected' environment. This is my first new Mazda and I look forward to a great driving and ownership experience. We got the 2010 Touring FWD. I also did aggressive braking and acceleration and was very impressed. A 'Zoom-Zoom' 4 sure. Beat the Traverse, Edge, Sorento easily!

Good crossover
By mazdaowner on 10/06/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2010 Mazda CX-9 Touring 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

We looked at Toyota Highlander, Honda Pilot, Acura MDX & Mazda CX-9 when it seemed that our next car should be a family car. Loved my Acura 3.2 TL Sedan but Acura MDX was priced out. Highlander and CX-9 were the finalists and CX-9 won in aesthetics and functionality. Based on reviews, we didn't get the Navigation & wanted to avoid the 20" wheels of the Grand Touring, so got a Touring. Leather is OK. Would like better in-dash NAV since the Garmin 1350T we bought is nowhere close to the Acura NAV we had 10 years ago! Our dealership seems to have a deal with ADS(?) who will install a better NAV (Kentwood) with warranty. $1600/$1900. Yet to try. Paid $30,200.00 with 60 month no interest.

A beautiful and sophisticated SUV
By Terrific Car! on 08/24/10 13:54 PM (PDT)

2010 Mazda CX-9 Touring 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

We have owned the car for just over 2 months and it so far has been a terrific automobile. The build, and performance is excellent and it seems to be far superior to our previous SUV, Ford Freestyle. When I first drove it I was in awe of its appearance, handling and performance. It is just a very beautiful SUV with a large WOW factor. I am glad I purchased it for my wife.

From Murano to CX-9
By Slugworth on 08/17/10 13:00 PM (PDT)

2010 Mazda CX-9 Touring 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

We needed a bigger vehicle as our child gets older. I've had 2 previous Nissan Muranos with excellent ratings but it was too small. Saw this vehicle on the road. I'm a big music lover and saw that it had Bose sound system with AudioPilot and surround.

The Best SUV/Crossover in the market!
By RAFAEL MASSA on 08/11/10 02:39 AM (PDT)

2010 Mazda CX-9 Touring 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

I have owned minivan, small utility vehicles, sedans and sports cars. I have to admit it, the Mazda CX-9 is the most fun, beautiful, enjoyable, pleasant vehicle I have ever driven in a long time. Our MB ML320 was not as comfortable of a ride, it was almost perfect but I didn't like the AWD all the time feature. Prefer the FWD.

Excellent so far.
By Todd on 04/10/10 07:35 AM (PDT)

2010 Mazda CX-9 Touring 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

Bought the CX-9 after extensive research. Looked at the Honda Pilot & CR-V, Ford Flex, and a few others. It came down to the Pilot & CX-9. The Mazda has more power, better interior/exterior, better brakes, and seems to ride better. We traded a Honda Odyssey for it & it is our first Mazda product. Vehicle is black & looks absolutely sweet after its been washed. Couldn't be happier w/the purchase. Capital Mazda of Cary gave us a great price. It is loaded (back-up camera, Bose system, auto rear hatch). Took it home for under 30K. And gave us exactly what we wanted in trade for Odyssey + threw in some extras. Very happy we went /the CX-9!

Great Design and Fun to Drive
By FugieNY on 04/06/10 10:47 AM (PDT)

2010 Mazda CX-9 Touring 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

This car has great features and a beautiful exterior and interior design. When compared to Honda or Nissan, the interior quality is about the same or better. It has many standard features like bluetooth, leather, heated seats, rear passenger climate control and an ipod jack. The CX-9 has a nice firm sporty ride, smooth 6spd transmission and a roomy quiet cabin.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2010 Mazda CX-9 in VA is:

$132 per month*