2010 Mazda CX-9 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific CX-9 model:
Very delighted owner
By Salmod89 on 11/16/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2010 Mazda CX-9 Sport 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

We bought this car after testing several others like the Highlander and Traverse. The former lacks cargo space behind the third row and this third row is intended for children or small adults only. The later has its seats on the second and third rows too close to the floor that it makes it uncomfortable for long trips. We cannot be more pleased with our choice, its riding and performance are awesome, feels solid and its interior and exterior satisfy our taste. We've got so far 23 mpg, mainly on highways.

Big Zoom Zoom
By Drchuck on 10/26/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2010 Mazda CX-9 Sport 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

This vehicle will fool ya. Its competent on the road, and I can get about 25.7 on cruise at 70-72 mph. I was surprised by that. I stand about 6'6" and have plenty of room, both head and leg. The tri-zone AC is one of the great features, and it works well. One area that impressed me was the TPM system. I picked up a nail through the sidewall, of course, and the system told me I had a problem very quickly. I am the principal driver (hers is a Prius) and our fleet average on the highway is about 37.5. She wanted me to get the Lexus, but it's too tight for a tall driver, and I saved a lot of cash. I look forward to driving this CX at every opportunity.

New owner of Mazda CX 9
By xlostlaker on 06/27/10 14:12 PM (PDT)

2010 Mazda CX-9 Sport 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

Only had my new CX9 FWD for 3 weeks but everything favorable written about it in other reviews by actual owners, is pretty much true. I bought the Sport Model and had leather seats and Sirius radio installed.

The Best Choice
By New Mazda Owner on 05/28/10 05:34 AM (PDT)

2010 Mazda CX-9 Sport 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

My wife and myself have test drove every sub $35,000 SUV/ Crossover, and Van on the market for the last 6 months. I must confess the CX-9 was the best riding, best fit and finish I found for the money.

Love my car!
By MGL on 05/27/10 16:54 PM (PDT)

2010 Mazda CX-9 Sport 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

Absolutely love the car. We've had it for two weeks. I've already used it once for a long trip. Our kids love the 3rd row. We started out wanting to get the GMC Acadia, but the GMC dealer didn't want to work with us at all. We decided to go to the Mazda dealership the next day, and had no problems. I'm really glad we decided to go with the CX9. It has so much space and it is fun to drive.

CX-9 Sport Model
By galo on 04/03/10 12:50 PM (PDT)

2010 Mazda CX-9 Sport 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

After driving it for only 1 week, my wife absolutely loves it. It is stylish and elegant, very quiet ride and comfortable. The 3rd seat is what sold me, plenty of leg room for an adult, same as the 2nd row. Although I think Mazda could have dressed up the interior with more chrome pieces, I still like the way it looks, I feel that the CX-9 is more ergonomic than other crossovers. We looked at GMC Acadia, Chevy Traverse, Honda Crosstour, Hyundai SantaFe and Toyota Venza and none appealed to us as much as the CX-9. I definatelly recommend it.

CX9 Sport with lots of Bells & Whistles!
By Jules from SoCal on 03/05/10 20:49 PM (PST)

2010 Mazda CX-9 Sport 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

Needed to downsize from a 2007 Chevy Tahoe but still needed third row option. I loved my Tahoe! But did not love the $604 monthly payment! We compared the CX9 to the Pilot and the Acadia. The CX9 Sport had soo many more bells and whistles for a base model! It was a NO BRAINER for us! Bluetooth, roofrack, seat warmers, satellite radio, dual zone heating/cooling, nice dashboard finish, power seats and drives beautifully! The first night I had the CX9 7 of us piled in for my birthday! We all fit comfortably!

Bought a 2010 Mazda CX-9 Sport
By mcareat on 03/01/10 11:55 AM (PST)

2010 Mazda CX-9 Sport 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

We have had our new Mazda CX-9 a week and love it (especially the kids)! We got the Sport model with the power driver seat / dual seat heaters. the Bluetooth feature is great and sound good. Looked at all the 3 row crossovers and liked this one the best.

Very amazed about this vehicle !!!
By Guillermo on 12/25/09 06:57 AM (PST)

2010 Mazda CX-9 Sport 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

WOW, that basically what comes to mine mind when describing this vehicle. Great performance, excellent Cargo space,comfort is awesome either at the front row and second row, dashboard is very nice and neat, bluetooth is also another great feature and extremely easy to setup. Mazda should add to their Basic package the Cargo Cover and Cargo Mat. We purchased the Sport Model and added the after market leather. Great Choice, way much better material the factory installed, cheaper. You will not go wrong when considering the purchase of this vehicle.

Mazda CX9 is ZOOM ZOOM GOOD
By jetsnut on 05/27/09 12:52 PM (PDT)

2010 Mazda CX-9 Sport 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

I love the way this SUV drives. The keyless entry is the ticket! Now I know why Motor trend named it "SUV of the Year" I have been in for Service at Schwartz Mazda and they even gave me a massage while I was waiting.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2010 Mazda CX-9 in VA is:

$132 per month*