Used 2010 Mazda CX-9 Sport Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific CX-9 model:

Very delighted owner
By Salmod89

2010 Mazda CX-9 Sport 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

We bought this car after testing several others like the Highlander and Traverse. The former lacks cargo space behind the third row and this third row is intended for children or small adults only. The later has its seats on the second and third rows too close to the floor that it makes it uncomfortable for long trips. We cannot be more pleased with our choice, its riding and performance are awesome, feels solid and its interior and exterior satisfy our taste. We've got so far 23 mpg, mainly on highways.

Favorite Features

Its riding, style, quality and comfort.

Suggested Improvements

The cargo cover is cumbersome to manage. It needs a pair of cup holders for the second row

Big Zoom Zoom
By Drchuck

2010 Mazda CX-9 Sport 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

This vehicle will fool ya. Its competent on the road, and I can get about 25.7 on cruise at 70-72 mph. I was surprised by that. I stand about 6'6" and have plenty of room, both head and leg. The tri-zone AC is one of the great features, and it works well. One area that impressed me was the TPM system. I picked up a nail through the sidewall, of course, and the system told me I had a problem very quickly. I am the principal driver (hers is a Prius) and our fleet average on the highway is about 37.5. She wanted me to get the Lexus, but it's too tight for a tall driver, and I saved a lot of cash. I look forward to driving this CX at every opportunity.

Favorite Features

Big Zoom, Zoom

Suggested Improvements

Every 4 wheel vehicle should have running lights. No excuse for a vehicle to be darked out on one side if a headlamp fails.

New owner of Mazda CX 9
By xlostlaker

2010 Mazda CX-9 Sport 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

Only had my new CX9 FWD for 3 weeks but everything favorable written about it in other reviews by actual owners, is pretty much true. I bought the Sport Model and had leather seats and Sirius radio installed.

Favorite Features

Very Comfortable leather seating feels great for my bad back. Very smooth 6 speed transmission, with a manual shifting option. Powerful very large V6 engine gives excellent acceleration. Very solid feel on the road. Adequate leg room for the 2nd and 3rd row passengers.

Suggested Improvements

Find a way to increase fuel economy, as it is below most of the other crossovers I looked at in this price range and the only negative feature I could find.

The Best Choice
By New Mazda Owner

2010 Mazda CX-9 Sport 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

My wife and myself have test drove every sub $35,000 SUV/ Crossover, and Van on the market for the last 6 months. I must confess the CX-9 was the best riding, best fit and finish I found for the money.

Favorite Features

Room, Ride

Suggested Improvements

more storage up front

Love my car!
By MGL

2010 Mazda CX-9 Sport 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

Absolutely love the car. We've had it for two weeks. I've already used it once for a long trip. Our kids love the 3rd row. We started out wanting to get the GMC Acadia, but the GMC dealer didn't want to work with us at all. We decided to go to the Mazda dealership the next day, and had no problems. I'm really glad we decided to go with the CX9. It has so much space and it is fun to drive.

Favorite Features

Everything

Suggested Improvements

Better fuel economy.