2009 Mazda CX-9 Consumer Review: Best In Class!

2009 Mazda CX-9 - Consumer Review

Sport 4dr SUV (3.7L V6 AWD 6-speed Automatic)

Best In Class!
By Driver on

2009 Mazda CX-9 Sport 4dr SUV AWD (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

This is a fantastic vehicle. I'm an engineer and very picky about what I drive. I drove all the competitor's vehicles before buying. This is the bust CUV in it's class. Mazda knows how to make great cars. Acceleration, ride, handling, interior space, standard features, and interior design are better than all the rest. Bose stereo sounds great and was a big selling point for me. Purchased new and just turned over 10k miles. I drive like it's a race car and still get 18 MPG with AWD in the winter in MN. 22+ ave MPG highway at 75 mph. We also own a CX-7 and have had no trouble with either one. This is hands down the best auto I've ever owned.

Interior, powertrain, Bose stereo, handling, build quality, cargo room! Rides and handles like a luxury sports sedan. Unlike every Toyota I've owned or driven there are absolutely no squeaks or rattles anywhere. I love the 3.7L engine and gas mileage is perfectly acceptable for a vehicle this size.

Sirius radio controls are awkward with Bose stereo option. Needs a better interface and more lines of text.