2009 Mazda CX-9 Consumer Review: Nice for the Price

2009 Mazda CX-9 SUV - Consumer Review

Nice for the Price
By Acroduster on

2009 Mazda CX-9 Grand Touring 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

When compared with its rivals and their sticker prices, the CX-9 is in tough company. However, when you look at what you'll actually pay for them, the CX-9 looks much better. It appears to be the value leader - very nicely appointed, sports-car zoom-zoom handling (which you won't find in the competitors), and feature laden. Even my skinny 7 year old can slide the center seats to access the rear (she couldn't do that in the Tahoe we had). Speaking of the Tahoe, when we compared them side-by-side, the CX-9 has more depth behind the rear seats, and has more depth when the rear seats are folded. I wouldn't have believed that if I hadn't seen it myself...

Sporty drive - in a class by itself here; not bone-jarring, but no cushy luxo-cruiser. The seats are great and the interior lighting is a nice touch. Fit & finish is very good. Best value in the class.

When exiting, I hit my foot on the lip that folds under at the base of the door. The Bose sound system doesn't impress. Minor quibbles...