2009 Mazda CX-9 Consumer Review: 2009 Mazda CX-9

2009 Mazda CX-9 - Consumer Review

2009 Mazda CX-9
By Dave on

2009 Mazda CX-9 Grand Touring 4dr SUV AWD (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

After 5500 miles the CX-9 is proving to be an excellent family vehicle. Even the third row seats are suitable for short trips. For a 7 passenger SUV the acceleration and handling are outstanding. The interior design is up to that Acura and Audi standard. I test drove the Acura MDX, Honda Pilot, Toyota Highlander. All of them are nice but the combination of price, design, size and performance made the Mazda a clear choice for my family of 5. Bottom line, I enjoy driving it and my wife appreciates the design and space for shuttling children.

Interior design. Acceleration and handling. 20 inch wheels look great. The blind spot warning system has surprised me with how well it functions. It lets you know when a vehicle is in your blind spot. A nice safety feature during highway driving.

Interior storage space is lacking, especially compared to Honda Pilot. We averaged 17 MPG in the Expedition we traded in and thought the Mazda would be significantly better but we are only averaging 19.5 MPG. Could be the dynamic nature of the CX-9 encourages rapid acceleration.