2009 Mazda CX-9 SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific CX-9 model:
Best Yet
By Ken on 12/07/09 18:41 PM (PST)

2009 Mazda CX-9 SUV Grand Touring 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

Drove them all, including Lexus, Audi, Chevy and Buick, none had all the features and fun factor for the great price. Vehicle has been a pleasure to drive, city and highway, feels solid, no rattles, and interior quality is par with Lexus and Audi.

Mazda CX-9 is smooooooth
By Maria on 10/26/09 18:38 PM (PDT)

2009 Mazda CX-9 SUV Grand Touring 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

I compared the CX-9 to the Murano, Venza, CRX, and Edge. CX-9 was the smoothest, quietest ride. Great handling, and lots of storage. Third row seating in a pinch, which none of the others had.

Excellent minivan replacement
By eml on 09/20/09 16:01 PM (PDT)

2009 Mazda CX-9 SUV Grand Touring 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

As a replacement for our minivan (Nissan Quest), the CX-9 is nearly as versatile, just as comfortable and much more fun to drive. The acceleration is excellent, the ride is smooth and the handling makes it feel much smaller than it actually is. We've been on some 5 hour road trips with no complaints from our 2 teens in back. We've also filled the 3rd row with teen-aged friends with no complaints on in-town trips. The front seating area could use some more storage space and the mpg is merely adequate but overall this is an excellent choice for those who need a versatile carrier.

I now understand 'zoom-zoom'
By Dave in N.Texas on 09/19/09 11:03 AM (PDT)

2009 Mazda CX-9 SUV Grand Touring 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

Its hard to believe this is an SUV. It handles superbly and feels solid as a rock. I'm comfortable knowing my wife and kids use this full time. Much better than the competition for handling/ride at this price level. Surprisingly smooth and comfortable but could still use some improvements comfort wise. A superb value though all things considered. Hopefully reliability will be better than predicted and compare better with Toyota and others.

Nice for the Price
By Acroduster on 08/25/09 05:57 AM (PDT)

2009 Mazda CX-9 SUV Grand Touring 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

When compared with its rivals and their sticker prices, the CX-9 is in tough company. However, when you look at what you'll actually pay for them, the CX-9 looks much better. It appears to be the value leader - very nicely appointed, sports-car zoom-zoom handling (which you won't find in the competitors), and feature laden. Even my skinny 7 year old can slide the center seats to access the rear (she couldn't do that in the Tahoe we had). Speaking of the Tahoe, when we compared them side-by-side, the CX-9 has more depth behind the rear seats, and has more depth when the rear seats are folded. I wouldn't have believed that if I hadn't seen it myself...

The Mazda CX-9 is our favorite!
By Kelli Bells on 08/17/09 14:37 PM (PDT)

2009 Mazda CX-9 SUV Grand Touring 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

We did a lot of looking around and test driving. We liked the Ford Flex, Buick Enclave, and GMC Acadia, but the Mazda CX-9 was just a better deal all around. We were able to get more options for the price than we could have with the others. It has a sporty body style, and the 20" rims just sweeten the deal! The 2nd row can adjust, so you can move the seats up to make extra room for the 3rd row. The 2nd row seats also partially recline which is a favorite feature for my kids. This car is definitely fun to drive. It's smooth! Even with 20" wheels, it's still a smooth and comfortable ride. If looking at the CX-9, definitely check out the Grand Touring, the options are great!!

Road Car
By Traveler on 08/06/09 10:20 AM (PDT)

2009 Mazda CX-9 SUV Grand Touring 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

We wanted a road car to replace three previous Buick Ultras. We drove GMC, Chevrolet, Saturn and Hyundai SUV's. The wife did not want a 'bus' feel and when we drove the CX-9, it hit the mark for size and comfort. We have over 11,000 miles in ice, snow and 100-degree heat and lots of night driving. The Xenon headlights are a true plus. The 20-inch wheels give the vehicle the stance and driving feel that we really enjoy. We have commented several times how much we love our '9' and do not miss our three big Buicks. One minor recall for power seat cable placement - other than that - she goes!!

mommymobile
By Cris on 05/28/09 13:01 PM (PDT)

2009 Mazda CX-9 SUV Grand Touring 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

So far so good, but it has only been a month. I'm so glad that I didn't get the Highlander. The Madza is more agile and less truck like to me. So far no buyers remorse, just hoping the reliability factor is as good as Toyota and Honda.

Bye Bye Hummer
By bedhead on 05/26/09 21:36 PM (PDT)

2009 Mazda CX-9 SUV Grand Touring 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

I drove a 2007 Hummer H3 for about a year before I decided to look at some other options. I can't believe I wasted a year of car payments on the Hummer. After driving the Grand Touring model I was sold. The ride is superb and the features are great. I thought I would miss the Hummer but I was wrong!!

Like it a lot..
By ray on 05/12/09 16:03 PM (PDT)

2009 Mazda CX-9 SUV Grand Touring 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

It was between the 09 Honda pilot and the cx9 and for the price the cx9 won out. I would have spent over $40k to get the features in the cx9. It is really fun to drive, smooth, comfortable and quiet. Brakes really Nice and after 4 months without it being cleaned, I have very minimal brake dust. Haven't had any problems so far. I had a durango before the cx9 so it does sit quite a bit lower.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2009 Mazda CX-9 Suv in NJ is:

$221 per month*