2009 Mazda CX-9 SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific CX-9 model:
Practical yet cool SUV
By tiruvan on 05/07/11 06:12 AM (PDT)

2009 Mazda CX-9 SUV Sport 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

Let me start by saying that I am not a fan of SUV's. But I got one since every other car on the road is a truck of some sort and in the event of a crash I want my family to be safe. The CX-9 was the only SUV that received 5 stars for front and side crash and 4 star for rollover in ratings. Reliability has been superb so far with regular maintenance. We drove the Pilot, Highlander, MDX as well and hands down the MDX was the best of the 4 but at $10K more than the CX-9 it was expensive. The gas mileage was lower as well. Pilot was too boxy and the highlander costed as much as the MDX (which is lame). After a couple years and 20K miles it's still as solid as the first day! Recommended!

No problems so far
By BillD on 02/03/10 18:53 PM (PST)

2009 Mazda CX-9 SUV Sport 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

Got a great deal on a great SUV at the end of 2009. Back seat a little tight for adults but Ok for kids. Fun to drive and quality of build is good.

Happy with purchase of CX9
By Kansas Girl on 09/03/09 08:07 AM (PDT)

2009 Mazda CX-9 SUV Sport 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

Love the cx9! We test drove several cars until we decided to purchase a cx9. We need the room of a minivan, but wanted something to please our teenage children. They also love it! It drives like a car, similar to mazda6. It is a large roomy suv, but feels smaller than it is. We love using it for our children sport events, easy to bring cooler and gear for needed for games. The sport version of the CX9 is a great value, you get many standard features for your money.

Best CUV for your money
By Duayne on 06/30/09 15:37 PM (PDT)

2009 Mazda CX-9 SUV Sport 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

I test drove many and this car was the clear value leader (IF you can still get the generous discounts). Safety was a high-priority and the CX-9 has every safety device/feature available on vehicles under $50,000 - except Daytime Running Lights!? Excellent handling/steering. Design and features impress everyone from teens to middle-aged. To be sure, it rides a little rough on typical streets -- you will feel all the bumps -- but has the most comfortable car seats I've ever sat in (and I don't have leather). Maybe the best thing is that it's a big car, but doesn't look or drive like one. No car is perfect, but the minor annoyances on this one are more than made up by the outstanding ones.

Thumbs Up from my teenage daughter
By Shawn Faunce on 06/04/09 11:29 AM (PDT)

2009 Mazda CX-9 SUV Sport 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

Normally we travel on long trips in our Grand Caravan, but on this trip from Detroit to Mackinac over Memorial Day we drove the CX-9. My teenage daughter that seems to complain about everything these days had nothing but praise for the CX-9. So did the other kids. Despite being smaller, it really felt like there was more interior room. I couldn't believe all the luggage and the people I was able to haul comfortably. Much more fun to drive than the mini-van too.

nice CUV!
By michigan on 04/16/09 21:08 PM (PDT)

2009 Mazda CX-9 SUV Sport 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

got a good deal on FWD SP. very quiet and convincing ride. sense of safety in a large car but still nimble to maneuver. I was looking between Honda Pilot and this car wins in every aspects. hopefully it turns out to be reliable as well.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2009 Mazda CX-9 Suv in VA is:

$129 per month*