2008 Mazda CX-9 Consumer Review: Love this car

2008 Mazda CX-9 - Consumer Review

Love this car
By Go Revs! on

2008 Mazda CX-9 Grand Touring 4dr SUV AWD (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

Edmunds review is spot-on. I bought the GT AWD with Assistance Package (nav+), the rear entertainment system, and towing package. Interior storage up front and cup holders are a little lacking, the rear doors open wide (pro/con), and the wheels communicate a lot of road imperfections. That said, I love my cx-9. Fun to drive; interior feels very upscale; looks great inside and out. From the outside, you'd never guess the interior space -- seats slide and layout is great. It is huge inside, other than height (though there is plenty of headroom). Got the towing package to use a cargo carrier for keeping trash barrels outside on trips to the dump (this vehicle replaces my pickup).

1) Technology! Smart card key (how did we live before this?); Bluetooth is easy to use - anybody holding their phone to their ear is crazy; nav; back up camera; rain sensing wipers; touch screen audio controls; auto close rear gate. 2) Fun to drive 3) Great looks.

Front storage/cup holders. Unless I haven't figured out the settings, when you turn the headlights on, the nav goes to black background. Doesn't work well for daytime situations where you have headlights on. Mileage or size of gas tank. Better mileage than my p/u, but seems I'm always filling.