Incredible Value
By MCNC on
2008 Mazda CX-9 Grand Touring 4dr SUV AWD (3.7L 6cyl 6A)
Traded in an '05 MDX, and after review & test drive of the new MDX and other "premium" CUVs, couldn't believe the value - I suppose maybe a few missing features? No compromise to the ride and handling, however, and great drivetrain with 6 spd manumatic. X5, ML, Audi, etc, have nothing on the CX-9 in terms of the way it drives. Also quiet and comfortable. Mileage is as advertised, not great, though on a recent trip got 18.5 mpg with car loaded down including rooftop luggage. Middle row seat is limousine-like. Only criticism is this is my 2nd Mazda (also a 2007 "3") with a vibrating LH mirror - Mazda can't fix them?? One unscheduled repair for a failed rear wheel bearing.
Favorite Features
6 spd manumatic which I use in manual mode most of the time. Handling. Styling inside and out. Seat comfort. 2nd row space, comfort.
Suggested Improvements
"Cooled" seats. 8-way on passenger seat. More center console storage space. Cheap looking steering wheel center trim came from parts bin, looks out of place in an otherwise premium vehicle. I wish Mazda mirrors didn't vibrate!