I love this car!
By greyhounds3 on
2008 Mazda CX-9 Touring 4dr SUV AWD (3.7L 6cyl 6A)
I recently bought a 2008 Mazda CX-9 and I am already in love with this car! I went into the dealership with a "Short List" of requirements that I needed in a car (SUV), and the CX-9 had it all. I researched or test drove almost every wagon or SUV on the market before stopping at Mazda.
Favorite Features
The transmission is incredibly smooth and you don't even notice the car is changing gears. The brakes are strong but smooth. There is a ton of room and storage space in the vehicle. There is a power rear door (hatch) and the little button to close the door is easy to reach and lit. The seats are super super comfortable. The gadgets are easy to find, and having cruise control and volume and phone controls on the steering wheel is a great safety feature.
Suggested Improvements
The key is "backward": the buttons for "Lock", "Unlock" and "Rear Door open/close" are on the opposite side of the key than the brain automatically goes to. The power knob for the Audio/Navigation system is ridiculously small compared to other knobs for other features. The front driver side door needs to be really shut hard, otherwise it will not catch and ease itself closed. The only odd thing in the cargo area is that when you flatten both the 2nd row seats and the 3rd row seats, there is a gap of a couple inches between the back of the 2nd row seats and the front of the 3rd row seats.