Used 2008 Mazda CX-9 SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Mazda CX-9 SUV

View reviews for a specific CX-9 model:

Impressed.
By AZzoomzoom

2008 Mazda CX-9 SUV Grand Touring 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

Was completely impressed with the Cx9. After searching for six months, we narrowed it down to the Volvo XC90 and the CX9. We chose the CX9 because of the available technology, comfort and style.

Favorite Features

DVD, cockpit design, very peppy, smooth and quiet ride. Plenty of space for a family of 5 + a big dog.

Suggested Improvements

Air vents in 3rd row.

Best choice of 3-row CUV in the market
By ceric

2008 Mazda CX-9 SUV Grand Touring 4dr SUV AWD (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

Cons: so-so fuel economy (16-17 mixed driving with AWD), few customizing accessories Pros: everything else

Favorite Features

blind Spot monitoring system, Smart Entry and Start System, HID, 6-speed manu-matic transmission.

Suggested Improvements

direct-injection engine

Head and Shoulders above the rest
By fun4zoom

2008 Mazda CX-9 SUV Grand Touring 4dr SUV AWD (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

We are absolutely thrilled with our GT CX 9 . We compared to several others-- Lexus, Acura, Toyota, Honda ect and this is by far the best value for the money! The Navigation, Bluetooth are easy to use. The interior finishes are classy and comfortable. All in all a real headturner! It is our first Mazda and definitely would purchase all over again! Best car I've ever owned---from a former Lexus, Honda and Toyota owner. I am converted to Mazda s . Fun to drive and a smooth ride!

Favorite Features

Finishing touches on interior Navigation Bluetooth Smart Key(just drop in purse and go!) Auto lift on hatch Blind spot monitoring(every car should have this)

Suggested Improvements

None

All I ever wanted
By Danny

2008 Mazda CX-9 SUV Grand Touring 4dr SUV AWD (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

I'm loving it ! I had an CX-7 and the turbo was too much for me to handle (turbo lag was omnipresent). I was dreaming about CX-9 since I bought CX- 7 but my wife was not so sure we can handle 40K. Then, I missed more all the options that my Grand Touring Buick LeSabre 2000 was having : rain sensing wipers, day lights, compass in the rearview mirror, trip computer and so on. Missed so much the Buick...and I ended up trading in CX-7 for CX-9. In the first day, I drove in Greater Chicagoland area, 200 miles of fun and joy. I was so happy that I could not believe it. Thank You Mazda, for being number one in my heart. Still...put the towing package for GT. Please.

Favorite Features

Roomy, style, rock solid, fun, bluetooth, rearview camera, cd loader, Bose Centerpoint System...and all that is having.

Suggested Improvements

Only the towing package.

Great Vehicle
By deltaromeo

2008 Mazda CX-9 SUV Grand Touring 4dr SUV AWD (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

This is our first Mazda. It is a new 2008 and has slightly less than 1000 miles. So far, we are very pleased with the performance. We are getting about 17.2 mpg with City/highway driving. The third seat is great for the grandchildren. As you would anticipate for a big car, the acceleration is a bit sluggish and the fuel mileage is nothing to brag about. The CX-9 qualifies as a luxury vehicle.

Favorite Features

Smooth ride and easy to handle for a big vehicle. Of all the safety features, we love the Blind Spot Monitor the best. Seats are comfortable and road noise is minimal. Instrument panel is easy to read.

Suggested Improvements

Needs Daylight Running Lights. The material on the top of the dash board will scratch easily. Driver and front passenger must be careful not to bump head when entering vehicle. Inside handle to pull & close driver and front passenger door needs to be moved about 6 inches toward the rear.