2008 Mazda CX-9 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific CX-9 model:
Better than any Minivan!
By ejhc11 on 08/13/08 19:18 PM (PDT)

2008 Mazda CX-9 Grand Touring 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

I just got this about two weeks ago, still w/ only 560 fun miles on it. I compared to an Audi Q7 3.2 which was out of my budget. The Mazda was better in rear passenger room and ergonomics for 2nd and 3rd row passengers. Power was also better because the Mazda was lighter, mine was a FWD CX-9. A lot of technical features for the money. Nice sporty alternative for a 7 passenger vehicle than buying a minivan.

What gas mileage do you expect?
By Brian on 07/17/08 19:47 PM (PDT)

2008 Mazda CX-9 Touring 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

This car is so fun to drive. The interior is comfortable and versatile, the engine and transmission are silky smooth, the climate control, seat configuration, styling, and Bose stereo are awesome. I get 19-20 mpg in mixed driving and don't understand why this large 7-person vehicle continually gets knocked on gas mileage. Sure, if you take off from every stop like a jackrabbit, you'll get 15mpg, but c'mon. I hate cars, and I hated the minivan I replaced with the CX-9, but I love driving this one.

A vehicle you will not regret buying
By jenon on 07/16/08 21:37 PM (PDT)

2008 Mazda CX-9 Grand Touring 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

This is an awesome vehicle traded in my ML320 for it and never regretted. Best of all it uses regular gasoline. The handling is top notch. Test drove Acura MDX before I decided to buy the CX-9. The CX-9 handles just as well and costs way less loaded.

Love my Mazda
By MASSBEAN on 07/16/08 12:51 PM (PDT)

2008 Mazda CX-9 Sport 4dr SUV AWD (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

This is my first Mazda and we love it. Went to auto shows and read many reviews before deciding. Drove the Edge and several others but nothing beat the driving and handling. It is so fun to drive. I traded in a lg SUV and I love the difference - I feel like I'm in a sports car. The room is great, love the dashboard display and the Bose/sunroof. My only 2 complaints are that it could be better on gas and there is no trip odometer. I traded a 5.4 Expedition and I'm only getting 4-5 mpg better. Mazda could work on that, otherwise no complaints so far

A driver's SUV
By SwissDog on 07/12/08 22:57 PM (PDT)

2008 Mazda CX-9 Grand Touring 4dr SUV AWD (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

I have been driving a Mazda 3 5-door for the past 4 years. That vehicle drove great and had amazing feel in the wheel-just as good as my wife's 2002 325i. Getting behind the wheel of the CX9 was seamless... no difference in feel. There is definitely more mass but that's what you get for a big vehicle.

Over-rated, Highlander better choice
By BDW on 07/11/08 11:00 AM (PDT)

2008 Mazda CX-9 Grand Touring 4dr SUV AWD (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

The transmission noise/uncertainty and lurching is a continuing source of annoyance. The visibility is just fair at best. The fuel economy isn't close to 'EPA estimates' and it's hard to get in and out w/o banging my head on the too low entry/roof. My favorite passenger isn't happy about ride comfort either. A very over-rated vehicle.

Great vehicle few design flaws
By jzwix on 06/26/08 19:00 PM (PDT)

2008 Mazda CX-9 Grand Touring 4dr SUV AWD (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

Fun to drive and ride is perfect. A slam-dunk upgrade from our minivan. With two kids and a dog, there is plenty of room for all of our stuff. There are a lot of bells and whistles that we weren't used to but with a few 'friendly drives' we've grown accustomed.

Nice
By ckkkmk on 06/20/08 08:22 AM (PDT)

2008 Mazda CX-9 Grand Touring 4dr SUV AWD (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

I like the vehicle but I'm not in love with it. I prefer my old Murano when it comes to handling; the CX-9 looks nicer though. The gas mileage on it is terrible. I live at the pump. I give it 7 stars.

Great vehicle
By gahogs on 06/19/08 18:55 PM (PDT)

2008 Mazda CX-9 Grand Touring 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

After test driving the '08 Honda Pilot, '09 Honda Pilot, '08 Toyota Highlander, '08 Ford Edge, and the '08 Mazda CX-9 twice on two different occasions, it was clear to us the CX-9 was a great fit for our family. The storage behind the 3rd row is actually usable, and the leg room is great. The ride is more sports car like than the rest, and it is a sharp looking car with a superb feel behind the wheel. We think the CX-9 looks great! If in the SUV / CUV market, give the CX-9 a test drive and look.

Pretty good crossover
By butter44 on 06/14/08 15:02 PM (PDT)

2008 Mazda CX-9 Grand Touring 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

I like it. The manual says to use super unleaded so that is what I do. Gets about 17 - 19 mpg. Seems fine to me. Better than my truck that gets 10.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.