2008 Mazda CX-9 SUV Consumer Reviews 7

2008 Mazda CX-9 SUV - Consumer Reviews

2008 Mazda CX-9 Sport 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

View reviews for a specific CX-9 model:
Best In Its Class
By shawn08 on 10/08/08 09:25 AM (PDT)

2008 Mazda CX-9 SUV Touring 4dr SUV AWD (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

Just purchased the Mazda Cx9 Touring in September. I have about a 1000 miles on the truck. I enjoy driving this truck, its way better on gas than the LR3 I had. The interior of the vehicle is well designed. I did not get the Grand Touring since cars with nav these days go for less when it's time to trade in or sell. Got the entertainment center with the upgraded Bose stereo it's amazing! Not sure what everyone is talking about but my car has a trip odometer maybe they don't know how to find it. Before I made this purchase I test drove quite a bit of trucks before making my decision. I am glad I went with the CX9.

Sporty and Fun
By Mark on 10/03/08 08:34 AM (PDT)

2008 Mazda CX-9 SUV Grand Touring 4dr SUV AWD (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

I traded in a VW Beetle, so there isn't much comparison except from the test drives I have been on. We considered a Pathfinder, Pilot and the Highlander. The Pilot was too much like a car and not very responsive. The Highlander was too pricey for the amount of vehicle. The Pathfinder felt really bulky in comparison to the CX-9. I drive about 4 hours every weekend with my wife and great dane. We wanted a vehicle that would allow us to have room for children in the back along with our dog. The gas mileage isn't too impressive, but a vehicle this size just doesn't have that 30 mpg ability right now. The backup cam on the nav screen seems dangerous.

Great Value
By Icemahn on 09/25/08 17:54 PM (PDT)

2008 Mazda CX-9 SUV Grand Touring 4dr SUV AWD (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

Traded our '04 Sienna in for the CX-9. Test drove an Acura MDX '08, GMC Acadia and Yukon Hybrid. CX-9 Power and handling is similar to the MDX while the third row space comparable to the Acadia. It truly provides the best of both worlds without compromising style or comfort. Mazda hit the bullseye with this one!

Big switch from German made vehicles
By Gary on 09/25/08 11:02 AM (PDT)

2008 Mazda CX-9 SUV Grand Touring 4dr SUV AWD (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

After owning 3 VW Passat Wagons (8 total German made autos) we made a decision to go with the CX-9. Enormous price difference and a larger cargo area made the difference. Low price put us in the Grand Touring. Great styling, nice interior appointments. Too early to tell about reliability. Looking forward to use all-wheel drive here in Michigan.

Im Lovin It!
By DashaMilasha on 09/19/08 21:39 PM (PDT)

2008 Mazda CX-9 SUV Grand Touring 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

Awesome car! Get excited every day i have to drive it! We got fully loaded with every possible option and even more! Looks great and it's so much fun to drive! Very roomy inside, comfortably seats at least 5 adults and 2 kids! When everyone in a back entertained by watching DVDs, I kept entertained by Zoom-Zoom! Love it more every day!

Great Ride for a Big Vehicle
By parunner on 09/17/08 12:58 PM (PDT)

2008 Mazda CX-9 SUV Grand Touring 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

We bought this because we needed a family vehicle with more space. We went from a VW Passat and honestly there is not much difference going to this bigger vehicle. It drives wonderful.

Sporty Performance in a Roomy Package
By KBW on 08/29/08 06:46 AM (PDT)

2008 Mazda CX-9 SUV Touring 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

If your tired of the minivan life but can't figure out how to get that sporty ride you've been longing for without giving up the room of your van then take a look at the CX-9. For sure it compromises in some aspects like overall storage but much less than most in this category. Compared to my wife's previous Grand Voyager the level of comfort, styling and performance of the CX-9 more than make up for this. The ride is sure footed meaning its not going to float down the road but its not so tight as to be uncomfortable. Gas mileage seems to live up to what Mazda reports. My wife has averaged 19 mpg with mostly in town driving. Overall, it's a great sporty value for the buck.

Incredible Value
By MCNC on 08/25/08 20:08 PM (PDT)

2008 Mazda CX-9 SUV Grand Touring 4dr SUV AWD (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

Traded in an '05 MDX, and after review & test drive of the new MDX and other "premium" CUVs, couldn't believe the value - I suppose maybe a few missing features? No compromise to the ride and handling, however, and great drivetrain with 6 spd manumatic. X5, ML, Audi, etc, have nothing on the CX-9 in terms of the way it drives. Also quiet and comfortable. Mileage is as advertised, not great, though on a recent trip got 18.5 mpg with car loaded down including rooftop luggage. Middle row seat is limousine-like. Only criticism is this is my 2nd Mazda (also a 2007 "3") with a vibrating LH mirror - Mazda can't fix them?? One unscheduled repair for a failed rear wheel bearing.

A total surprise!
By Aaron on 08/24/08 23:45 PM (PDT)

2008 Mazda CX-9 SUV Grand Touring 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

I have been looking for the perfect large SUV to replace our 04 Chevy Venture that was totaled about three weeks ago, and found it in the CX-9. At first look it is sexy but seemingly too small for my family of 6. But I took one for a test drive to my wife, and we fell in love. It was a base sport model and I was still impressed. The interior design is a 10+, handling is great. I pushed the engine out to about 5000 or 6000 rpm before shifting in manual mode and the tranny was still silky smooth. I had to check the readout to be sure that I even shifted gears. All of my kids fit surprisingly well with two boosters and one car seat.

2008 Mazda CX-9
By kam 0203 on 08/24/08 17:51 PM (PDT)

2008 Mazda CX-9 SUV Grand Touring 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

Even though I'm not a professional reviewer, I see the CX-9 as a step closer to versatility in a vehicle. Love to drive it and is in the top 4 most powerful engines in or around its class.