2008 Mazda CX-9 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific CX-9 model:
Zoom, Zoom ??
By MINIVANMOM on 04/08/09 18:54 PM (PDT)

2008 Mazda CX-9 Grand Touring 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

Just bought the vehicle and immediately took it on a LONG trip. A pretty comfortable ride, with lots of room. Some very nice features, and received lots of compliments on the exterior design. Overall we are pleased. Not all is perfect in Zoom Zoom land however. With a load it takes its sweet time passing cars at freeway speeds. Husband sez something about low-end torque...or lack thereof. Mileage about as expected...maybe 22 on open road. Surprisingly not much worse in town. Having to pay extra for satellite radio installation in a vehicle of this price range is disappointing. Radar in rear bumper that detects passing vehicles, (and sometimes nearby guard rails) is a great safety feature.

Fun to drive
By JonD on 04/05/09 09:58 AM (PDT)

2008 Mazda CX-9 Grand Touring 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

Have owned our CX-9 for 4 months. Previously had a Honda Pilot which we liked. The CX-9 is just fun to drive. Great handling. Lots of room, great features. First Mazda we have owned and we really like it.

Zoom Zoom
By brianm1962 on 04/04/09 05:20 AM (PDT)

2008 Mazda CX-9 Grand Touring 4dr SUV AWD (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

Mazda CX-9 replaced a Volvo XC-90 in September 2008. We have been very pleased - especially with the V6 performance (note 2008 is larger engine than 2007) and comfortable yet sporty ride (even with 19" wheels) . Nav is very good. Bose stereo is pretty good, but not as good as some other high-end factory audio systems. All weather mats from the factory sit flat on the ground and don't really catch the snow and water very well. Volvo is the king of seat design, and it is too bad that Ford didn't steal more of this technology to give to Mazda. Gas mileage is reasonable for a truck this size. Tons of room.

"good value" " atractive design"
By Don on 04/03/09 07:03 AM (PDT)

2008 Mazda CX-9 Grand Touring 4dr SUV AWD (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

Cx9 best value for the cost..very good in snow here in Colorado... very responsive handling. Driver position very comfortable. Xenon head lights useful on mountain roads at night. Third row seat and storage area a big benefit along with sun-roof and side warning system. Excellent sound system and navigation... best value for the price in this category.

Impressed.
By AZzoomzoom on 03/20/09 17:22 PM (PDT)

2008 Mazda CX-9 Grand Touring 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

Was completely impressed with the Cx9. After searching for six months, we narrowed it down to the Volvo XC90 and the CX9. We chose the CX9 because of the available technology, comfort and style.

Best choice of 3-row CUV in the market
By ceric on 03/10/09 15:43 PM (PDT)

2008 Mazda CX-9 Grand Touring 4dr SUV AWD (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

Cons: so-so fuel economy (16-17 mixed driving with AWD), few customizing accessories Pros: everything else

Head and Shoulders above the rest
By fun4zoom on 03/02/09 12:44 PM (PST)

2008 Mazda CX-9 Grand Touring 4dr SUV AWD (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

We are absolutely thrilled with our GT CX 9 . We compared to several others-- Lexus, Acura, Toyota, Honda ect and this is by far the best value for the money! The Navigation, Bluetooth are easy to use. The interior finishes are classy and comfortable. All in all a real headturner! It is our first Mazda and definitely would purchase all over again! Best car I've ever owned---from a former Lexus, Honda and Toyota owner. I am converted to Mazda s . Fun to drive and a smooth ride!

All I ever wanted
By Danny on 02/28/09 21:18 PM (PST)

2008 Mazda CX-9 Grand Touring 4dr SUV AWD (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

I'm loving it ! I had an CX-7 and the turbo was too much for me to handle (turbo lag was omnipresent). I was dreaming about CX-9 since I bought CX- 7 but my wife was not so sure we can handle 40K. Then, I missed more all the options that my Grand Touring Buick LeSabre 2000 was having : rain sensing wipers, day lights, compass in the rearview mirror, trip computer and so on. Missed so much the Buick...and I ended up trading in CX-7 for CX-9. In the first day, I drove in Greater Chicagoland area, 200 miles of fun and joy. I was so happy that I could not believe it. Thank You Mazda, for being number one in my heart. Still...put the towing package for GT. Please.

Great Vehicle
By deltaromeo on 02/27/09 12:13 PM (PST)

2008 Mazda CX-9 Grand Touring 4dr SUV AWD (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

This is our first Mazda. It is a new 2008 and has slightly less than 1000 miles. So far, we are very pleased with the performance. We are getting about 17.2 mpg with City/highway driving. The third seat is great for the grandchildren. As you would anticipate for a big car, the acceleration is a bit sluggish and the fuel mileage is nothing to brag about. The CX-9 qualifies as a luxury vehicle.

Best 3rd CUV on the market for the price
By ceric on 02/18/09 01:02 AM (PST)

2008 Mazda CX-9 Grand Touring 4dr SUV AWD (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

I chose among Highlander, Pilot and CX9. Pilot is too ugly for my taste. Highlander is too expensive with ultra-cheap 3rd row and non-splittable. CX9 is the best deal out there. I was worrying about the reliability like most potential buyers would be. No problem for me after 1 year. Mazda service in my area is also superb. Loaners for repairs (TSB, etc.) and major services. The bottom like is that CX9 drives like a BMW X5 with more than $20K saved in your bank.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.