Used 2008 Mazda CX-9 SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific CX-9 model:

2008 Mazda CX-9
By kam 0203

2008 Mazda CX-9 SUV Grand Touring 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

Even though I'm not a professional reviewer, I see the CX-9 as a step closer to versatility in a vehicle. Love to drive it and is in the top 4 most powerful engines in or around its class.

Power, handling, sporty feel and look. Well built with a towing capacity.

Needs more interior trim options and colors, although its still classy

Better than any Minivan!
By ejhc11

2008 Mazda CX-9 SUV Grand Touring 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

I just got this about two weeks ago, still w/ only 560 fun miles on it. I compared to an Audi Q7 3.2 which was out of my budget. The Mazda was better in rear passenger room and ergonomics for 2nd and 3rd row passengers. Power was also better because the Mazda was lighter, mine was a FWD CX-9. A lot of technical features for the money. Nice sporty alternative for a 7 passenger vehicle than buying a minivan.

Looks nice, not bulky like the GMC Acadia. Same gas mileage as my 03 Toyota Sienna but a lot more power and light years in handling, braking and fun to drive factor. Really a "Zoom Zoom"

Cannot figure out if the power door locks will auto lock after putting vehicle in gear or driving off. A feature I have in both my 2003 cars. Right now I have to manually push the power door locks to lock or unlock in the vehicle. Also,auto headlamps come on early and can only be adjusted by dealer?

What gas mileage do you expect?
By Brian

2008 Mazda CX-9 SUV Touring 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

This car is so fun to drive. The interior is comfortable and versatile, the engine and transmission are silky smooth, the climate control, seat configuration, styling, and Bose stereo are awesome. I get 19-20 mpg in mixed driving and don't understand why this large 7-person vehicle continually gets knocked on gas mileage. Sure, if you take off from every stop like a jackrabbit, you'll get 15mpg, but c'mon. I hate cars, and I hated the minivan I replaced with the CX-9, but I love driving this one.

Bose stereo, powerful engine, handling, versatile and comfortable seating, climate control, low maintenance intervals.

Rear visibility, quality of buttons and controls, strange Mazda feature packages, climate control must be on to affect interior temperature.

A vehicle you will not regret buying
By jenon

2008 Mazda CX-9 SUV Grand Touring 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

This is an awesome vehicle traded in my ML320 for it and never regretted. Best of all it uses regular gasoline. The handling is top notch. Test drove Acura MDX before I decided to buy the CX-9. The CX-9 handles just as well and costs way less loaded.

Handling, seats and large rims.

Get rid of cheap shiny plastic.

Love my Mazda
By MASSBEAN

2008 Mazda CX-9 SUV Sport 4dr SUV AWD (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

This is my first Mazda and we love it. Went to auto shows and read many reviews before deciding. Drove the Edge and several others but nothing beat the driving and handling. It is so fun to drive. I traded in a lg SUV and I love the difference - I feel like I'm in a sports car. The room is great, love the dashboard display and the Bose/sunroof. My only 2 complaints are that it could be better on gas and there is no trip odometer. I traded a 5.4 Expedition and I'm only getting 4-5 mpg better. Mazda could work on that, otherwise no complaints so far

The handling is great, love the stereo and the MP3 capability. Just fun to drive. No station wagon feel here.

Trip odometer and better mileage