2008 Mazda CX-9 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific CX-9 model:
New but have a good feelin about it...
By researched4months on 10/08/07 07:59 AM (PDT)

2008 Mazda CX-9 Grand Touring 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

We are still under 1k miles so I haven't let loose on it however, I can tell it is going to be fun once I do. 30-70 mph acceleration is fantastic. We shopped for months for the perfect car and we feel we got it with the CX-9. Did we need the back up cam and navigation system? Not really, but we really wanted the Blue and it was the only one available. There is plenty of room for us and our new baby. The only downside for me is that the seats are a bit narrow in the front, however, I am 6'4" 290 lbs. This is the first vehicle I don't have to put the seat ALL the way back!

Best of the Best
By Heads Turner on 09/22/07 20:06 PM (PDT)

2008 Mazda CX-9 Grand Touring 4dr SUV AWD (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

I considered Audi Q7, Acura MDX, 2008 Toyota Highlander, GMC Acadia, etc., but no one can come close to this vehicle in terms of performance, quality and price. This car is 100% built in Japan and proves to be the best of the best available today. This car is a true head turner. After my research for three months I bought a 2008 black on black CX9 GT AWD with Bose and moonroof. Drive it once and you will realize what you have been missing.

Mazda CX-9
By storyjbj on 09/20/07 06:15 AM (PDT)

2008 Mazda CX-9 Grand Touring 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

Car drives fast, smooth with a calm fun to it.

Zoom-Zoom?
By shailesh on 09/12/07 09:34 AM (PDT)

2008 Mazda CX-9 Grand Touring 4dr SUV AWD (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

Bought this vehicle brand new from the dealership. The sales rep was extremely knowledgable about this vehicle. I added a remote starter, all weather mats, Lojack and rear cargo mat. The cargo cover cannot be installed due to remote closing gate. Mazda has done a superb job of putting this vehicle together, extensive list of accessories and safety features are standard in this particular model.The car is riding very well (only 200 miles so far!), sound system is unbelievable. The steering response for a crossover suv is excellent. The engine noise and the cabin noise is barely noticeable. Acceleration with the 273 hp engine is more then adequate. So far no complaints.

Awesome, almost perfect family vehicle!!
By wilsonclan on 09/11/07 15:34 PM (PDT)

2008 Mazda CX-9 Grand Touring 4dr SUV AWD (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

Picked it up last week. Waited specifically for the 08 and the 3.7 engine, worth the wait for sure. Power really comes on strong now for passing. Perfect blend of utility and performance, blast to drive. Comfort has been excellent so far, no complaints from rear seat passengers, plenty of room all around. Most of the upscale features one would expect for the money. Fit and finish exceptional. More quiet than the Infiniti we just turned back in from lease. Where we live there haven't been many running around on the roads yet, which doesn't bother me at all, who wants to see what you're driving on every corner. Adds a level of exclusivity!

The CX-9 is a Great Ride
By LuvmyCX9 on 09/01/07 05:09 AM (PDT)

2008 Mazda CX-9 Grand Touring 4dr SUV AWD (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

Bought my CX-9 this week. Did extensive search looking at the Acura MDX, Toyota Highlander, Volvo XC90, Honda Odyssey, Honda Pilot, Toyota Sienna. Reasons I picked the CX-9: 1) Good access to third row. Second row seats can slide forward, so you can access the third row without having to move a car seat. 2) Comparable to 2008 Accura MDX in features but costs a lot less, MDX more difficult to get to the third row and dash is very cluttered with different knobs. 3) Comparable to the 2008 Highlander but a better ride. Highlander still has a trucky feel. 4) Decided against the minivans because the new cross-over SUVs offer comparable features and space, without the minivan ride.

Excellent overall
By mazdacx9zoom on 08/26/07 22:23 PM (PDT)

2008 Mazda CX-9 Sport 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

I have been shopping for family car for a long time. I test drove many cars such as Honda Pilot, Odyessy, Toyota Highlander, Toyota Sienna, GMC Acadia, and Hyundai Veracruz. I was going to get Honda Odyessy since it is very affordable and looks good, but I did not like how it drove. However, after I drove Mazda CX9, it was love at first sight. I love how it drives. Exterior and interior looks great. They did great design overall. Ride is firm and roomy for 7 adults.

Most fun Crossover to drive
By Bobzilla on 08/26/07 17:03 PM (PDT)

2008 Mazda CX-9 Grand Touring 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

I test drive the Saturn Outlook, the new 2008 Highlander, Honda Pilot and the 2007 Acura MDX. The CX-9 was more fun to drive than all of them and still gave me a real third row seat. I took my 22 year old son with me and we both tried getting in and out of the back seats in all of them and the Mazda was the easiest. I found this the ideal car for taking my road bike to the club starting point and hauling 7 family members to dinner and the most fun to drive of all the cars. Economy seems the same as my 1997 Camry V6 so far on the first two tanks.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.