2008 Mazda CX-9 SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific CX-9 model:
Solid build quality & fun to drive.
By M. A. on 10/25/07 14:55 PM (PDT)

2008 Mazda CX-9 SUV Grand Touring 4dr SUV AWD (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

I drove different makes of SUVs for the past 10 years and this vehicle is the best of all. Fit and finish is perfect. Seats are comfortable and roomy, interior materials are plush and instrumentations are well placed. Second row seat tracks are covered in order not to get anything pinched in there... hint, hint!! The transmission shifts smoothly and flawlessly. Acceleration is enhanced by the AWD without feeling grippy. The engine is quite and has plenty of power. The exterior looks sharp. Last but not least, the Bose system rocks!!

Impressive!
By Doug on 10/24/07 21:04 PM (PDT)

2008 Mazda CX-9 SUV Grand Touring 4dr SUV AWD (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

After three months researching, the CX9 came out on top for comfort, zoom, distinct styling, and of course a non-boring ride. Looked at Lexus, Nissan, GMC, even Volkswagen. Nothing compares, it looks great, gets attention, lots of room, feels much smaller yet solid road feel. Suspension does a great job feeling like it wants to be driven. After two weeks, other cars had some pluses, but the overall package has to work together. Congrats to Mazda for raising an eyebrow of all other manufacturers! They wish they had the chemistry the CX9 has.

Awesome SUV
By SC Bill on 10/22/07 14:16 PM (PDT)

2008 Mazda CX-9 SUV Grand Touring 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

We looked at Pilot, Highlander, Volvo C-90, Lexus and others. CX-9 Grand Touring, in my opinion, blew them away. Only have 200 miles on it, so there is still much to learn. It was immediately comfortable and familiar to drive. Very car-like, "zoom-zoom philosophy" is very evident. It is easy and fun to drive, and size is not apparent until it is time to park it, or wash it! Dashboard at night, for gadget-freaks, is like piloting the space shuttle. Nav is to a large degree voice activated, some dealers didn't seem to understand that. I currently own a 6 sp Acura CL- S and find every excuse I can to borrow my wife's CX-9. Do yourself a favor - test drive it!!

Excellent value and fun to drive!!!
By newtozoom on 10/20/07 17:41 PM (PDT)

2008 Mazda CX-9 SUV Grand Touring 4dr SUV AWD (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

I looked at the Audi Q7, Subaru Tribeca, Acura MDX, Honda Pilot, & CX9. The CX9 offered the most value and room compared to the others. My wife loved the look. I liked the Bluetooth phone features, navigation system, memory seats, keyless entry & start system, and the list goes on. This is my first Mazda. After doing my research, the CX9 offered an all around excellent package. It has the space for my family of 5 and is fun to drive; unlike my previous car (Toyota Sienna). If you want a roomy, fun to drive, and aggressively designed SUV the Mazda CX9 is worth a test drive.

Great Car
By petera on 10/15/07 12:03 PM (PDT)

2008 Mazda CX-9 SUV Grand Touring 4dr SUV AWD (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

We bought this car to replace a Honda Accord which we were sorry to see go but needed AWD. To cut a long story short we tried a number of cars we tried a number of 'smaller' crossovers including a CX-7, and then my wife sat in a CX-9 they had on the lot. 1 hour later we owned it. It was just head and shoulders over anything else we had looked at in terms of quality, performance and out and out 'coolness'. Interior is stunning, well thought out and comfortable. Leg room is generous as is room for cargo. Car is easy to drive and feels a lot smaller than it really is. While it won't break any records on the 1/4 mile it is plenty powerful enough for most situations.

True Crossover
By EtoileBrilliant on 10/15/07 07:29 AM (PDT)

2008 Mazda CX-9 SUV Grand Touring 4dr SUV AWD (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

Much better looking than in the pictures. I got Sand on Black. Current car couldn't get three child seats across the back. Moreover, with 7 month old, wanted option to have adult in second row to administer bottle. Wife didn't want SUV, I didn't want minivan - perfect compromise. Whilst not quite BMW interior, its probably up there with Passat top of the line, with Passat pricing. Parked next to Q7 in city garage, could barely distinguish the two side-by-side.

Great SUV for familes
By Ken Miller on 10/14/07 11:44 AM (PDT)

2008 Mazda CX-9 SUV Touring 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

The Mazda CX-9 is a much better vehicle than the 2007 Honda Pilot I traded in. There is less road noise, better steering, better stereo, more power and torque. It seems like it should have cost more for all of the features, how it handles and drives compared to the Pilot. The six-speed automatic does not downshift all the time like the Honda's five speed did and shifts perfectly unlike the GM six speeds in their new SUVs which I also looked at. Rear seat is easy to get into and seats are much better than the Pilot.

Love this car
By Go Revs! on 10/12/07 18:37 PM (PDT)

2008 Mazda CX-9 SUV Grand Touring 4dr SUV AWD (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

Edmunds review is spot-on. I bought the GT AWD with Assistance Package (nav+), the rear entertainment system, and towing package. Interior storage up front and cup holders are a little lacking, the rear doors open wide (pro/con), and the wheels communicate a lot of road imperfections. That said, I love my cx-9. Fun to drive; interior feels very upscale; looks great inside and out. From the outside, you'd never guess the interior space -- seats slide and layout is great. It is huge inside, other than height (though there is plenty of headroom). Got the towing package to use a cargo carrier for keeping trash barrels outside on trips to the dump (this vehicle replaces my pickup).

"Zoom, Zoom, Zoom! What a feeling!"
By FM on 10/11/07 10:49 AM (PDT)

2008 Mazda CX-9 SUV Touring 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

Compared this car with the 08 Highlander. We decided on the 08 Mazda CX-9 because of the standard safety features, great quality interior and the very sturdy feel when driving. Plenty of room with standard 7 passenger seating, standard 2nd row air vents, as opposed to the Highlander's optional 7 passenger seating and optional 2nd row air vents. The Bose sound system is a plus! Great exterior design. My children loves the roomy space and the DVD Entertainment. We have discovered the "zoom, zoom, zoom" way of driving and what a feeling, indeed! We recommend this vehicle to anyone shopping for the best of the best! Safety, quality, comfort the zoom, zoom way! The price is just right

A hidden gem
By CTCXer on 10/08/07 19:18 PM (PDT)

2008 Mazda CX-9 SUV Touring 4dr SUV AWD (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

Like others, I looked at the Toyota Highlander, Acura MDX, Lexus GX470, Saturn Outlook, and Subaru Tribeca before selecting the CX-9. The exterior styling is fantastic with the stylish lines and those 20" rims. The interior is well laid out and feels like it was designed by people that actually cared about what it would be like to ride in every day. Controls are intuitive which is a nice change from our BMW X5 and Infiniti FX. The Bose stereo also beats the Harmon-Kardon in the bimmer by miles!! The bluetooth took 3 minutes to setup and worked with both mine and my wife's phones. Smooth to drive, plenty of pep, and comfortable.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.