2008 Mazda CX-9 SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific CX-9 model:
Good family car
By AngelicPenguin on 01/02/08 07:21 AM (PST)

2008 Mazda CX-9 SUV Grand Touring 4dr SUV AWD (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

I wish I had noticed how loud this car was before I purchased. Also, the leather on the seats is not as nice as it could be. The AC seems to smell funny too and my "new car" smell left after only a week : (. I do love the keyless start. I consider it a safety feature because it keeps me from spending minutes in a dark parking lot searching for keys. I didn't get the nav. system but wanted a back-up cam so I had the rearview mirror cam installed and I love it!! The car is growing on me. Love the cargo room when third row is folded down.

Love the car but some tidbits...
By Wyleypilot on 01/01/08 19:24 PM (PST)

2008 Mazda CX-9 SUV Grand Touring 4dr SUV AWD (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

Well, after one week and 1000 miles including a 10.5 hour drive from San Diego we really like this car but there are some unique nuances. Car is extremely fun to drive and definitely has a good presence on the road. We have the all wheel drive version and driving in snowy conditions in Tahoe was not a problem at all, very stable. Car is very comfortable, good electronics, and overall seems a decent value within the category. Nuances are though that the car does not have a fuel range computer (and we have a grand touring with virtually every feature) and does not have a compass or trip computer. Finally the iPod attachment does not work with Sat radio and Navigation - big issue

Best decision
By tamcat on 12/23/07 06:04 AM (PST)

2008 Mazda CX-9 SUV Grand Touring 4dr SUV AWD (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

I have been looking at buying an SUV off and on for five years, but I was waiting to see one that would have everything I wanted and be a great deal at the same time! The reviews on this website helped me tremendously. I also looked at the VW Toureg, Toyota Highlander, Honda Pilot, Lexus RX, and found the perfect one with this. The third row folds flat really easily with the headrests on. Has every luxury and comfort items the others have, plus some.

2008 CX-9 GT AWD ++++
By armann on 12/15/07 17:40 PM (PST)

2008 Mazda CX-9 SUV Grand Touring 4dr SUV AWD (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

The vehicle's design is superb. The driver's seat is the best, you have all the buttons strategically located. Great bang for your bucks.

Excellent Value
By Merrill on 11/30/07 17:35 PM (PST)

2008 Mazda CX-9 SUV Touring 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

This car has been a great deal for the money. Very happy with the details and the "fun to drive" factor. I have put 1200 miles on it already (I drive a lot) and no problems whatsoever. Small vibrations in the passenger chair could be due to my children putting their feet on the back; I don't know. But overall, a great car.

Zoom Zoom is the real deal!
By Geoff C. on 11/28/07 19:04 PM (PST)

2008 Mazda CX-9 SUV Touring 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

I've driven an SUV for the past 20 years. This car is unlike any of them. I traded in a 2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee for a car with better gas mileage and more space for my family. I spend more than 2 hours in my car commuting every day, and I love my drive time in this car. It is a dream to drive. The seats are terrific, firm and supportive. The interior is sharp and well done, not cheap and plastic like many American made models I've driven. The third row seating is extremely easy to access and the amount of space to get in is more than any other car with a third row. I was skeptical about zoom zoom, but this car made me a believer. Its handling and feel are unlike any SUV. It rocks.

A lot of car for the money.
By Tony on 11/17/07 19:11 PM (PST)

2008 Mazda CX-9 SUV Sport 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

A lot of car for the money. We've been very happy with the car.

Real seats for adults in the 3rd row
By kona on 11/06/07 12:18 PM (PST)

2008 Mazda CX-9 SUV Grand Touring 4dr SUV AWD (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

I needed a true 7 seater & CX-9 has a 3rd row seat that can actually seat full grown adults like myself (I'm 5'11") with leg room. Since the second row of seating can be adjusted fore and aft, 3rd row riders can get enough leg room without compromising legroom for the 2nd row of passengers. For those more inclined to enthusiast type of performance, no other SUV in it's class comes close. The CX-9 never feels heavy or ungainly.

Kudos to Mazda
By Mike on 11/06/07 09:02 AM (PST)

2008 Mazda CX-9 SUV Grand Touring 4dr SUV AWD (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

The first word that comes to mind is fun!! I mean most SUV' are fun to drive off road but rarely can you find 1 that handles so sporty on pavement.

2008 Mazda CX9 GT AWD
By Damian on 11/03/07 14:17 PM (PDT)

2008 Mazda CX-9 SUV Grand Touring 4dr SUV AWD (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

I chose this vehicle over the MDX, Q7, Acadia, Enclave, and Highlander. This is my first SUV/CUV. I love it. Excellent vehicle but there is always room for improvement. The suggested improvements below would put it way above its competitors

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2008 Mazda CX-9 Suv in NJ is:

$209 per month*