Used 2008 Mazda CX-9 SUV Consumer Reviews - 156 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Mazda CX-9 SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific CX-9 model:

Used CX-9 for family
By Boogs SUV

2008 Mazda CX-9 SUV Sport 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

I bought this vehicle because my wife and I need a bigger car. I had a Toyota Matrix but with a car seat in the back made for a tight fit along with the stroller. We have had this suv for about 3 weeks now and love it. We have no complaints except for gas mileage. But can't do anything about that it's an SUV not a four cylinder. Also big BLIND SPOTS but fixed it with buying a wide rear view mirror.

Lots of room and love that I can seat 7 people if I need too.

How can a six speed vehicle get such bad gas mileage.

Just a few missing parts
By dragonphire

2008 Mazda CX-9 SUV Grand Touring 4dr SUV AWD (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

I have had less than sixty days but I am really luv'n this car. I flew to Chicago from NC to get it and drove it the 13 hours back the next day and was really impressed. There are a few things I would change like having auto door locks and trip computer. Yes the gas mileage stinks but not much worse than others I have driven. Real world is always different than EPA anyway. I have test driven every thing available in the segment and this is the best thing going.I drove the Flex, Highlander, Pilot and the GM trips as well as Audi, BMW and some others.

Handling and ride, room, looks to die for seems pretty well built. None of my snobby neighbors have one.

Trip computer, auto locking door locks, losing about 500 lbs for better gas mileage.

Great vehicle, skip the Nav
By Mazda driver

2008 Mazda CX-9 SUV Grand Touring 4dr SUV AWD (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

Purchased top of the line with all features, Side view warning system terrific, back-up camera excellent, sat radio great, ride tight, excellent, pick up so so, space terrific. Nav is terrible. Enter "Walmart" and it sends you to a walmart in different state! Interface is horrible. Buy a Garmin instead.

Drive experience. Comfortable cruiser, tight road response

Totally redesign the nav.

What a ride
By Wyzby

2008 Mazda CX-9 SUV Grand Touring 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

After owning a Lincoln Navigator and Honda CRV, what a treat to have a powerful yet nimble car to drive. It has the size and power but lacks the clumsy sloppy handling of other larger SUVs. We love the interior and its performance on winding roads is spectacular. Our minds were made up on another CRV but I am glad for the small difference we looked and bought the CX-9

The electronics, the seat adjustments, the bluetooth and sound system are tops.

I'd like a little more visibility out of the rear window, but I guess that is what mirrors are for.

A big wagon (and that's a good thing)
By nastacio

2008 Mazda CX-9 SUV Grand Touring 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

This is a replacement to a totaled Toyota Sienna. *For the segment*, it is probably the best interior space for the exterior dimensions. We looked at a Saturn Outlook, Honda Pilot and Buick Enclave, but the GM's few extra inches in all dimensions made them a chore in parking lots. The Honda sacrificed too much in 3 row. The Mazda was just right. The lack of interior storage is frustrating, with all the room in the center stack wasted under a compartment that barely fits a couple of wallets. A Mazda5 has more interior storage than the CX-9. The handling is excellent, the driver seats far from the front axle and somehow it feels like a substantial sedan on the road.

Blind spot monitor, keyless entry system, intuitive navigation, exterior styling

More interior storage spaces, 2 extra miles per gallon