2008 Mazda CX-9 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific CX-9 model:
Very happy with my CX-9
By hearingman on 02/07/08 19:06 PM (PST)

2008 Mazda CX-9 Touring 4dr SUV AWD (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

I have had my CX-9 touring AWD for 1 month and look forward to driving it everyday. So far my only regret is not buying the grand touring for a few more dollars. The ride is great, yet I still feel connected to the road. The factory tires are not the best for slick pavement or ice, but seem better after having them siped.

Best Value without a doubt!
By CX-9ers on 02/03/08 20:59 PM (PST)

2008 Mazda CX-9 Grand Touring 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

Looked a Lexus GX470 for months but did not want to pay high prices for DVD and navigation combo, this car gave me both and a much lower price. Perfect size car for the wife to drive too. Love all the features!

Big CUV w/ heart of a sports car
By mattyj on 02/01/08 12:34 PM (PST)

2008 Mazda CX-9 Grand Touring 4dr SUV AWD (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

I am a Realtor and I drive a lot of miles for work, to the tune of 25K-30K a year. I got rid of an 06 BMW M5 for my Mazda for practical reasons. I’ve had too many friends with the X5 that had many problems with a whole laundry list of stuff. I don’t care for the way the Acuras or Toyotas look. So for me it was between the VW, Mazda CX-9 and Audi. The Mazda was in there because I have all car magazines coming to the house and I had read that the Mazda was truly something. And it looks incredible. So, I went and drove them all and the Mazda was truly all by it’s self. The Audi and VW had quicker 0-60 times but the handling of the Mazda made you forget about its 4300lbs. the other did not.

Best Crossover Value on the market
By h_charles on 01/25/08 13:20 PM (PST)

2008 Mazda CX-9 Touring 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

Purchased as 3rd car to go with a Porsche 911. I've always driven nothing but European sports cars, but am VERY impressed with this car. Steering is excellent for any vehicle. Handling is good for a car this big, but Mazda really needs to address the torque steer under hard acceleration in FWD models. It isn't fast, but quick enough for what it is. The interior is tasteful and well done. A few cheap plastic bits, but what do you expect at this price? This car looks and performs like a $45K car, and can be had nicely optioned for $35K. A steal at this price, it drives as well as some competitors costing $20K more. Perfect as kid carrier or a sporty SUV- - can do both well.

Finally found it
By JT on 01/24/08 10:57 AM (PST)

2008 Mazda CX-9 Grand Touring 4dr SUV AWD (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

I've been considering an SUV for quite some time but having driven sports cars and sports sedans all my life I wasn't quite happy with anything out there. When I finally got serious about looking last year I considered just about everything on the market from the Isuzu to the Lexus. I was surprised to find Mazda had an entry large enough for my needs and pleased to find the array of options and accessories to match up with almost any of the others. After a month and a half and 2500 miles, I'm happier with my choice than when I first got it. I would recommend anyone looking for a mid to large size SUV look into this car.

CX-9 = Practical and Fun
By Kevin on 01/21/08 19:18 PM (PST)

2008 Mazda CX-9 Grand Touring 4dr SUV AWD (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

I compared Highlander, Outlook/Acadia/Enclave, Veracruz, and the CX-9. They all were very well designed, spacious CUVs, but the CX-9 was the only vehicle that was exciting to look at and fun to drive. I have had my CX-9 for 3 weeks and driven about 700 miles. The CX-9 is a very spacious, practical vehicle, and it is about as close to driving a sport sedan as a CUV can get. The Grand Touring 20" wheels do ride slighly stiffer than the 18" wheels on the Touring, but I don't find it objectionable. The interior is quiet at cruise, but you can still hear the engine growl under acceleration. Handling seems nimble for such a large vehicle.

How do they do it?
By SLIVer93 on 01/15/08 14:54 PM (PST)

2008 Mazda CX-9 Grand Touring 4dr SUV AWD (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

After driving 9 other 7 passenger SUV/CUVs to replace our jeep after the birth of our twins, the CX9 easily came out on top. It is remarkable how they make a vehicle of this size drive as small as it does. Mazda really thought this one through before putting it out there, unlike most others that put the third row in as an after-thought.

Lemon of the Year
By remur389 on 01/13/08 12:59 PM (PST)

2008 Mazda CX-9 Touring 4dr SUV AWD (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

Following a less then satisfactory ownership of an 2006 RX-8, I made a mistake by purchasing a Mazda 2008 CX-9. Although the car seems to be more mechanically sound then the RX-8, after 2 months it had a body seam rupture without any apparent cause. As for dependability, of the 60 days, I have owned the car, it has been at the dealership for 12 of them.

Great 7 Passenger CUV
By JB03 on 01/03/08 21:28 PM (PST)

2008 Mazda CX-9 Grand Touring 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

This purchase was for my wife. She was a minivan driver and I have always liked sport sedans. We were both ready to leave our minivan of seven years, but with 3 growing children ages 5 to 12, we needed to maintain 3 rows and 7 passenger capability. Since we have owned 2 previous Mazdas (I currently own the MZ3S) we were very excited about the CX-9. The CX-7 was nice but too small for our needs. This CX-9 fit our needs perfectly. Although a fairly large vehicle at about 200" long and almost 5,0000 lbs, it drives like a sporty sedan on steroids. Acceleration is brisk and the ride is fairly smooth. The BSMS helps to minimize blind spots. Overall we are pleased with this vehicle.

Great Choice!
By RS on 01/02/08 10:41 AM (PST)

2008 Mazda CX-9 Grand Touring 4dr SUV AWD (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

In deciding on a second car, I did a lot of research over a 6 month period. To be honest, Mazda never even entered the discussion initially until two months ago! Truth be told, in test driving the Toyota Highlander, Lexus RX 330, Honda Pilot and GMC Acadia, the CX-9 had them all beat. The ride was incredible. Power when I needed it and agility when necessary are the atrributes that made the CX-9 stand above the rest in this category. While the review is true about the stiffness with the 20" wheels, it's not as bad as the review potentially paints it. Interior and Exterior stylings are very, very nice! - This car makes people do double takes! (Especially the Grand Touring model!)

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.