2008 Mazda CX-9 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific CX-9 model:
Zoom Zoom
By Patrick, Charleston on 03/11/08 11:10 AM (PDT)

2008 Mazda CX-9 Touring 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

Researched Lexus, Toyota, VW, Nissan, Ford and Saturn but none compared to the price, drivability and style of the CX-9. Actually brings back the fun in driving. Bose sound system is the best car stereo I’ve ever heard. Lots and I mean lots of room especially in the second row seating. At 6'1" I actually have room to extend my legs. Third row folds down perfectly for more cargo space. Safety features are endless. Lots of comments on the outside appearance but when they open the doors and look in, they are amazed. Like others, it lacks a few of the items that should be standard, compass and fuel computer

Own 4 months and plan to trade for other
By Tbonesteak on 03/07/08 09:56 AM (PST)

2008 Mazda CX-9 Sport 4dr SUV AWD (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

I got this car on Oct. 07 and now I am looking for another brand to trade. Gas mileage is main reason that disappointed me. I got only 15/mpg. Monthly gas payment is same as car payment. Also ride is bumpy, very bumpy.

Best luxury SUV for the money
By RobbieT. on 03/05/08 10:45 AM (PST)

2008 Mazda CX-9 Grand Touring 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

My wife and I traded in an 03 Acura MDX and test drove the 08 MDX, Lexus RX 350, and the Infiniti FX 35 and had seen the Mazda CX 9 at the Houston auto show and decided to stop in to take a quick look at it. We were immediately sold on it after taking it for a test drive. It has all the bells and whistles that the other ones have for about 6k or 7k less at least. Had it for several months now and taken it on one trip and no complaints at all. Very fun to drive, very fast, and plenty of interior room. Do not go buy any midsize or crossover without going to look at the CX 9.

Great Vehicle
By CX-9 GT on 02/29/08 17:01 PM (PST)

2008 Mazda CX-9 Grand Touring 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

Realizing of course that no vehicle is perfect, I love this vehicle. Previously drove a Mercury Mountaineer and hated it. It drove like a truck and felt very cold. The CX-9 GT is so refined and fun to drive. Smooth, quiet ride, plenty of room, and a very nice feel.

Great SUV but
By HssRao on 02/29/08 11:33 AM (PST)

2008 Mazda CX-9 Sport 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

It is since 3 weeks, 1000 miles on it. Drive is smooth, but engine roars a lot even on small uphills, or starting from signal light. So too much of interior sound when the gear changes higher. Good pick up, but cannot compare with MDX, absolutely no sound inside. Good shock observers, lot of pot holes literally cannot be felt. Basic Audio system is not great. I have given 9 for performance, reliablity as it is too early to be determined. Expected better fuel economy from a 6 speed gear box.

WoW
By Dalpaa on 02/29/08 05:48 AM (PST)

2008 Mazda CX-9 Grand Touring 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

I was a fan from the moment I got in and stepped on the gas! Very well done for the price.

Good SUV, but
By hss_rao on 02/24/08 13:14 PM (PST)

2008 Mazda CX-9 Sport 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

Pretty good CUV. Rides smooth on flat roads, but engine rattles on uphill and makes high rev noise inside the cabin. Lot of wind noise. Looks are ultimate, unmatched. Interior comfort if also good.Too early to tell anything about reliability or performance. fogs inside a lot even under mild humid condition. Lot of people compare this car with MDX, but it definitely cannot match the MDX engine smoothness(Absolutely no noise in MDX), but at least my car makes a lot of engine noise. I don't have a lead foot. Suspensions are very good.

I'm in love
By NH on 02/20/08 18:14 PM (PST)

2008 Mazda CX-9 Grand Touring 4dr SUV AWD (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

Test drove a Honda Pilot, Toyota Highlander and Volvo XC90. Wife nixed the space-ship looking Nissan Murano on looks alone. I wanted a third row for times when we cart around our kids' friends, and all the luxury amenities. But didn't want to drive a boat; spend more than $35K; or end up driving a boxy, boring SUV like everybody else. The second I saw the Mazda in-person I was sold. Exterior is honestly a work of art. Test drove both the Touring and Grand Touring. Bought the Grand Touring. Much better ride and so many little worthwhile enhancements. Zoom zoom.

New CX-9 GT Owner
By dnwdeep on 02/18/08 11:34 AM (PST)

2008 Mazda CX-9 Grand Touring 4dr SUV AWD (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

We have owned this 2008 car--a loaded AWD GT for a month and a half but have only driven 1,000 miles so far. We LOVE this car--rides better than our 2004 Audi Allroad but there are a few missing elements that should be available on a car at this price. The interior is very nice in beige. Adjustable Xenon headlights are good.

zoom zoom with some issues
By texas tarheel on 02/18/08 09:48 AM (PST)

2008 Mazda CX-9 Grand Touring 4dr SUV AWD (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

After test driving everything in the market, including Lexus, we decided on CX-9. It is amazing how well it handles... quiet, looks great, easily tows my entire family and two more friends with room in back for golf clubs. The problem is the nav... not cheap, but it's maps are 4-5 years out of date! Am told new DVD in fall 08 that we will have to pay for... ridiculous! Why didn't Mazda let us know? We would have waited. Bad experience with Mazda as I tried to get answers.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.