2008 Mazda CX-9 SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific CX-9 model:
Most reliable vehicle we have EVER owned.
By krustuhfar on 02/19/13 23:04 PM (PST)

2008 Mazda CX-9 SUV Sport 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

We bought this car brand new in 2008. This has been the most reliable car we have EVER owned. It has not once left us stranded. We've hauled some huge loads too. and it just keeps going and going. We took this car ALL THE WAY FROM LOUISIANA TO MAYNE. THOUSANDS AND THOUSANDS OF MILES. In a period of 5 days. and not once did we think it was going to give up. We loved our cx9. Sadly, at a wopping 179,000 miles, we hydroplaned into a ditch and totaled it. Such a shame. We never had to do any major repairs on it. THe only bad thing is it was constantly having tire/wheel issues. it would need a brake job about every 16 months. And tire pressure was always low. Other than that. it was amazing.

Amazing vehicle!
By drblptq on 03/26/11 10:18 AM (PDT)

2008 Mazda CX-9 SUV Sport 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

I owned this incredible suv for almost two and a half years of trouble free driving, and would highly recommend it to anyone needing space for 7, ample cargo capacity, and fairly reasonable mileage. This is easily one of the best handling suv's I have ever owned. 60,000 miles and not one single issue, how many people can say that about a vehicle. I traded it for a 2011 Hyundai Elantra as I drive 25,000 plus miles per year, and 35 mpg combined is so nice. The Elantra actually has more front seat legroom that the much larger CX-9! What more could a family of four or five ask for, looks, performance, stability, handling, all in a durable and trouble free package.

Great car!!
By Michael on 03/05/10 12:08 PM (PST)

2008 Mazda CX-9 SUV Sport 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

Very nice car in all aspects with the exception of gas mileage! Still though if you need the third seat this is the cream of the class!

So far so good
By Satisfied on 01/09/09 12:31 PM (PST)

2008 Mazda CX-9 SUV Sport 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

Have had it almost 2 weeks and it's been fun to drive. We are getting a lot of looks as this Crossover is not often seen. (You'd think that with the Motor Trend SUV of the Year Award that more people would buy this vehicle!) We had a Toyota Sienna and this rides & handles very similar. We have not noticed any "engine noise". We were shopping for a Highlander but totally fell in love with the CX-9... a lot roomier and much better style!

Used CX-9 for family
By Boogs SUV on 11/16/08 08:47 AM (PST)

2008 Mazda CX-9 SUV Sport 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

I bought this vehicle because my wife and I need a bigger car. I had a Toyota Matrix but with a car seat in the back made for a tight fit along with the stroller. We have had this suv for about 3 weeks now and love it. We have no complaints except for gas mileage. But can't do anything about that it's an SUV not a four cylinder. Also big BLIND SPOTS but fixed it with buying a wide rear view mirror.

Great SUV but
By HssRao on 02/29/08 11:33 AM (PST)

2008 Mazda CX-9 SUV Sport 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

It is since 3 weeks, 1000 miles on it. Drive is smooth, but engine roars a lot even on small uphills, or starting from signal light. So too much of interior sound when the gear changes higher. Good pick up, but cannot compare with MDX, absolutely no sound inside. Good shock observers, lot of pot holes literally cannot be felt. Basic Audio system is not great. I have given 9 for performance, reliablity as it is too early to be determined. Expected better fuel economy from a 6 speed gear box.

Good SUV, but
By hss_rao on 02/24/08 13:14 PM (PST)

2008 Mazda CX-9 SUV Sport 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

Pretty good CUV. Rides smooth on flat roads, but engine rattles on uphill and makes high rev noise inside the cabin. Lot of wind noise. Looks are ultimate, unmatched. Interior comfort if also good.Too early to tell anything about reliability or performance. fogs inside a lot even under mild humid condition. Lot of people compare this car with MDX, but it definitely cannot match the MDX engine smoothness(Absolutely no noise in MDX), but at least my car makes a lot of engine noise. I don't have a lead foot. Suspensions are very good.

A lot of car for the money.
By Tony on 11/17/07 19:11 PM (PST)

2008 Mazda CX-9 SUV Sport 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

A lot of car for the money. We've been very happy with the car.

Excellent overall
By mazdacx9zoom on 08/26/07 22:23 PM (PDT)

2008 Mazda CX-9 SUV Sport 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

I have been shopping for family car for a long time. I test drove many cars such as Honda Pilot, Odyessy, Toyota Highlander, Toyota Sienna, GMC Acadia, and Hyundai Veracruz. I was going to get Honda Odyessy since it is very affordable and looks good, but I did not like how it drove. However, after I drove Mazda CX9, it was love at first sight. I love how it drives. Exterior and interior looks great. They did great design overall. Ride is firm and roomy for 7 adults.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.