2008 Mazda CX-9 SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific CX-9 model:
Beware of sunroofs and drainage flaws all years and models.
By disapointed10 on 09/26/13 10:46 AM (PDT)

2008 Mazda CX-9 SUV Grand Touring 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

When we bought this car it was crossover of the year. I have always enjoyed the car until the on board computer went bad. We spent $750.00 to have a new on put in and one week to the day it went out again. My husband thought something was shorting it out and sure enough we were told by Mazda service that Mazda's with sunroof tended to have fir tree needles plug up the drain tubes and the water build up would short out the computer. I contacted Mazda corporate wanting to know why NO mention of this was available to potential or new car owners. I was told it was not a design flaw and the service folks should know about it. But no one ever told us so we are out approximately $1,100.00

What a wise decision.
By elcesarmaneja on 04/07/12 18:56 PM (PDT)

2008 Mazda CX-9 SUV Grand Touring 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

This is a car with the best of both world from the SUV and the Mini van. All compacted on a sporty car. The suspension is rigid enough to give extraordinary maneuverability without sacrificing comfort. The traction control make it very dependable, even taking off on a wet pavement on a tight turn (I tested that many times in Florida rains) The car has an incredible throttle that pair with many smaller fast cars. I am in my late 30's but every once in a while I enjoy a quick star form a stop point. I carried today my girl's bike, my boy's trike and stroller and a couple of dinning chairs an I still had room in the back.

Pleasantly Surprised!
By T Clark on 11/01/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2008 Mazda CX-9 SUV Grand Touring 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

Never thought about owning a Mazda. Test drove an Infiniti FX35 and compared to the Mazda CX-9 it was so much smoother and really has a lot of power. I was really impressed. You get so much more for your money with this model. Love the way it handles and my daughter loves having the DVD system. That was just an added bonus for us. Only had it a few days, but so far it has been great!

Mazda CX9 FWD Grand Touring
By SCaldriver on 02/09/10 09:50 AM (PST)

2008 Mazda CX-9 SUV Grand Touring 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

We purchased a 2008 CX9 Grand Touring FWD 13 months ago and now have 20,000 miles on it. This vehicle has met all of our expectations. We previously owned an Expedition and a Sequoia and like the CX9 much better. The interior in the CX9 is great. The second row seats slide forward for easy access to the third row with a split seat with enough room for an adult. The CX9 is fun to drive with plenty of zoom zoom. We live in an area with hills and the CX9 moves up them. It drives more like a sports car than an SUV. Exterior looks great especially with 20 inch wheels. Whenever someone rides in it they are impressed & comment on how nice the interior is & how well it drives.

Great Car, Skip the built in Nav
By nbiz on 01/15/10 07:49 AM (PST)

2008 Mazda CX-9 SUV Grand Touring 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

Wonderful car, we love how it drives. It doesn't look that big from outside, but feels huge and comfortable inside. However, I wish I could return the nav system. It gives us a proper route about 1 in 5 times, otherwise it suggests routes that are hundreds of miles off course. Luckily we usually know the basic directions, otherwise 1 hour drives would take 5. Also it grays out when going over 5mph, which all built-ins do and I thought I could deal with, but no. Please get this great car, just skip the nav.

All it's cracked up to be!
By Bo on 10/07/09 15:30 PM (PDT)

2008 Mazda CX-9 SUV Grand Touring 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

I did a lot of research before purchasing the 08 CX9. Looked at Acura, Lexus, Volvo and Cadi. The X9 is by far the best. I can't believe there a not more of these on the road. I have never owned a Mazda before but if this continues to meet my standards I will buy another. Handling excellent! Style Awesome! Get up and go, yes! I get a lot of looks with this car. I bought it for my wife but I want to drive it too. I traded in a Cadi SRX and this is much better. Great car, you won't be disappointed!

The Car Sold Me
By Tim R on 09/15/09 16:44 PM (PDT)

2008 Mazda CX-9 SUV Grand Touring 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

I purchased a new 2008 Mazda CX9 for my wife in Feb 2009. We were impressed by the look and ride of the car. We were blown away by the fuel economy of our car. We were expecting less than 20 miles per gallon. We are getting 22 to 23 miles per gallon. Our only sore spots with the car are the hood latch that broke very easily and the third row seat belt hooks that feld off while driving around town. Due to the great car's ride and comfort, those flaw are very minor in comparison. We will recommend and have recommend buying the CX9 to our friends and family. The power will blow you away.

Passengers abuse my door!
By snowie on 09/02/09 20:45 PM (PDT)

2008 Mazda CX-9 SUV Grand Touring 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

This luxury crossover needs to be taken more seriously. Perhaps with maybe a Lexus badge... The problem is, it is designed so well that the big doors are effortless to open and close. But passengers think it's a truck door... and swing it open with brute force (straining the door stops), and slams the door when they leave! One of them even swung the door right into a shopping cart return cage when I deliberately parked there to avoid other cars opening their doors to it! People just don't realize this is a luxury level crossover. Fuel economy, power and sporty handling is remarkable for something this heavy. I love the car! No complaints, except my passengers!

Mazda surprises us
By Phillip Jones on 07/26/09 21:38 PM (PDT)

2008 Mazda CX-9 SUV Grand Touring 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

Bought this new a year ago. Driven it to California and back (Dallas). Really enjoy the drive, interior room, fuel mileage, nav system, and performance. Engine performs nicely. Rear entertainment system is nice: kids really like it. Powered rear door/hatch is really handy. A/C is powerful. 3rd row seats are split, and easy to bring up and put down. This is our first Mazda and we're really impressed with this vehicle. I've hit speeds up to 85mph and the CX9 handled well.

The Perfect Family SUV
By Gregg Kuroda on 06/08/09 09:44 AM (PDT)

2008 Mazda CX-9 SUV Grand Touring 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

Having driven this vehicle for almost a year, I have to say this is the most sporty, comfortable, stylish and roomy SUV I've owned. It has plenty of room for car seats and soccer equipment as well. It is like driving a luxury vehicle at a reasonable price. It is packed with features. The blind-spot monitoring is fantastic. Thought it would be a bother, now its a must. It has plenty of power and can go 375 miles on one tank.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.