Used 2008 Mazda CX-9 Sport SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Mazda CX-9 SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific CX-9 model:

Most reliable vehicle we have EVER owned.
By krustuhfar

2008 Mazda CX-9 SUV Sport 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

We bought this car brand new in 2008. This has been the most reliable car we have EVER owned. It has not once left us stranded. We've hauled some huge loads too. and it just keeps going and going. We took this car ALL THE WAY FROM LOUISIANA TO MAYNE. THOUSANDS AND THOUSANDS OF MILES. In a period of 5 days. and not once did we think it was going to give up. We loved our cx9. Sadly, at a wopping 179,000 miles, we hydroplaned into a ditch and totaled it. Such a shame. We never had to do any major repairs on it. THe only bad thing is it was constantly having tire/wheel issues. it would need a brake job about every 16 months. And tire pressure was always low. Other than that. it was amazing.

Good for alot of miles.

none i can think of.

Amazing vehicle!
By drblptq

2008 Mazda CX-9 SUV Sport 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

I owned this incredible suv for almost two and a half years of trouble free driving, and would highly recommend it to anyone needing space for 7, ample cargo capacity, and fairly reasonable mileage. This is easily one of the best handling suv's I have ever owned. 60,000 miles and not one single issue, how many people can say that about a vehicle. I traded it for a 2011 Hyundai Elantra as I drive 25,000 plus miles per year, and 35 mpg combined is so nice. The Elantra actually has more front seat legroom that the much larger CX-9! What more could a family of four or five ask for, looks, performance, stability, handling, all in a durable and trouble free package.

This is easy, handling, handling, handling...looks, and durability, comfort, speed, an amazing product I will not soon forget.

There are only a few glitches in an otherwise complete package; things tend to fall between the seat and center comsole and there is simply no way to retrieve them, believe me, I have tried! The sides are huge slabs of somewhat thin steel and dent very easily. You can push it in with your hands and dent it, scary. Mileage although not bad for a car based suv, is 17 mpg combined, if it were a but better, say in the 24 to 26 mpg range it would be the perfect all aroung vehicle.

Great car!!
By Michael

2008 Mazda CX-9 SUV Sport 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

Very nice car in all aspects with the exception of gas mileage! Still though if you need the third seat this is the cream of the class!

Sporty nature!

Gas mileage.

So far so good
By Satisfied

2008 Mazda CX-9 SUV Sport 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

Have had it almost 2 weeks and it's been fun to drive. We are getting a lot of looks as this Crossover is not often seen. (You'd think that with the Motor Trend SUV of the Year Award that more people would buy this vehicle!) We had a Toyota Sienna and this rides & handles very similar. We have not noticed any "engine noise". We were shopping for a Highlander but totally fell in love with the CX-9... a lot roomier and much better style!

The console is futuristic and impressive. The veh. style is also an eye-catcher and gets many heads turning.

A little tough for small children and older people to enter vehicle, but aside from running boards I don't know how this could be improved. Also, no room for Driver to put a handbag/purse as there is no floor space.

Used CX-9 for family
By Boogs SUV

2008 Mazda CX-9 SUV Sport 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

I bought this vehicle because my wife and I need a bigger car. I had a Toyota Matrix but with a car seat in the back made for a tight fit along with the stroller. We have had this suv for about 3 weeks now and love it. We have no complaints except for gas mileage. But can't do anything about that it's an SUV not a four cylinder. Also big BLIND SPOTS but fixed it with buying a wide rear view mirror.

Lots of room and love that I can seat 7 people if I need too.

How can a six speed vehicle get such bad gas mileage.