Used 2008 Mazda CX-9 SUV Consumer Reviews - 156 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Mazda CX-9 SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific CX-9 model:

The Mighty CX-9
By Donald C Dorrough

2008 Mazda CX-9 SUV Touring 4dr SUV AWD (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

Great Car for the price I bought it used and have had no major problems with it, It grips the road good with decent tires I run Toyo's Open Country and take corners at 40 mph without losing traction, Big power from the 3.7 V-6 I can leave most cars sitting at the lights, haven't had a chance to drive it in the snow yet but think it will do great.

Sporty SUV
By Gary Sherwood

2008 Mazda CX-9 SUV Grand Touring 4dr SUV AWD (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

I bought my Mazda CX-9 AWD Grand Touring new in 2008. It has been a great car. I had the spark plugs changed at 126000, 2 wheel bearings replaced at 128000 and of course brakes, tires, battery and other wear out items. Otherwise it's been a great dependable car that's really fun to drive. It doesn't feel cumbersome like many large SUV's.

Great car!
By PHMadd

2008 Mazda CX-9 SUV Grand Touring 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

Praise God! For this vehicle
By Pat

2008 Mazda CX-9 SUV Grand Touring 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

What a CRAZY AMAZING SUV with Zoom Zoom!
By Joe

2008 Mazda CX-9 SUV Grand Touring 4dr SUV AWD (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

First off, the value of this car is simply amazing! It is no wonder how it received the title of the SUV of the year this year. I smile the second I get in this thing and find reasons to drive it around. Before buying, I research vehicles a ton to find out what to buy and the best value for what I need. Nothing else was even on the radar after reseaching the CX-9 and after test driving one. If you have never driven a Mazda, I don't know if you can understand to zoom zoom theme and the quality of these vehicles. The CX-9 has plenty of power with the 3.7 V6 engine and handles like a much smaller car. The comfort from the leather heated seats is second to none and I have ridden in my fair share of comfy seats. I really don't think you will be disappointed in them at all. The cabin is made up of quality materials all the way around. Soft touch material almost everywhere (not on the dash) and you can tell Mazda thought things through as far as placement is concerned. The navigation system is a bit outdated now (in 2016), but is still functional and considering how fast we all know that technology changes, I think that is a feat in itself. Moving onto the sound system, I challenge someone to find a better sounding system than the Bose system installed in the CX-9. The base and treble is outstanding. I have had several people comment when riding in the vehicle about how good it all sounds. The proximity key system, push button start and power lift gate are great features that unless you have or have had them, you won't really know what you're missing. A standard key and keyless entry would be sufficient, but it is nice to have the options if you can get them. The interior space and sliding middle row is a great feature that makes increasing leg room to the second row or getting passengers into the third row much easier. You will love it or should I say your passengers will love it and thank you for it. Very nice. The storage space in the front for odds and ends is limited in my opinion. I don't have a plethora of things to store, but I found it to be tight and cluttered looking in the center counsel because of the things I had to store in there. Not very deep or wide, but great quality materials and padding are certainly present. The bluetooth phone connectivity is adequate. Displaying the names of callers and making an easier set up/pairing system would be great. It is a little tricky, but I did figure it out after some troubleshooting. Overall, I could not be happier with the purchase. I honestly rate driving it and owning it a 10/10. If you are in the market for a competitively priced crossover SUV with the option to seat 7, look no further than the CX-9. Hope this review helps!