2008 Mazda CX-9 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific CX-9 model:
Beware of sunroofs and drainage flaws all years and models.
By disapointed10 on 09/26/13 10:46 AM (PDT)

2008 Mazda CX-9 Grand Touring 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

When we bought this car it was crossover of the year. I have always enjoyed the car until the on board computer went bad. We spent $750.00 to have a new on put in and one week to the day it went out again. My husband thought something was shorting it out and sure enough we were told by Mazda service that Mazda's with sunroof tended to have fir tree needles plug up the drain tubes and the water build up would short out the computer. I contacted Mazda corporate wanting to know why NO mention of this was available to potential or new car owners. I was told it was not a design flaw and the service folks should know about it. But no one ever told us so we are out approximately $1,100.00

Most reliable vehicle we have EVER owned.
By krustuhfar on 02/19/13 23:04 PM (PST)

2008 Mazda CX-9 Sport 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

We bought this car brand new in 2008. This has been the most reliable car we have EVER owned. It has not once left us stranded. We've hauled some huge loads too. and it just keeps going and going. We took this car ALL THE WAY FROM LOUISIANA TO MAYNE. THOUSANDS AND THOUSANDS OF MILES. In a period of 5 days. and not once did we think it was going to give up. We loved our cx9. Sadly, at a wopping 179,000 miles, we hydroplaned into a ditch and totaled it. Such a shame. We never had to do any major repairs on it. THe only bad thing is it was constantly having tire/wheel issues. it would need a brake job about every 16 months. And tire pressure was always low. Other than that. it was amazing.

What a wise decision.
By elcesarmaneja on 04/07/12 18:56 PM (PDT)

2008 Mazda CX-9 Grand Touring 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

This is a car with the best of both world from the SUV and the Mini van. All compacted on a sporty car. The suspension is rigid enough to give extraordinary maneuverability without sacrificing comfort. The traction control make it very dependable, even taking off on a wet pavement on a tight turn (I tested that many times in Florida rains) The car has an incredible throttle that pair with many smaller fast cars. I am in my late 30's but every once in a while I enjoy a quick star form a stop point. I carried today my girl's bike, my boy's trike and stroller and a couple of dinning chairs an I still had room in the back.

zoon zoom smart
By momoffive1 on 05/12/11 21:01 PM (PDT)

2008 Mazda CX-9 Sport 4dr SUV AWD (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

Just drove home in my new (to me) CX-9. Got an amazing deal from a craigslist ad. Unbelievable car! Not sure I have ever been in such a luxurious vehicle! My whole family fits, all 7 of us, including 3 carseats. I was a little surprised by the small cargo area, I think my husband's Corolla has more room, but you know what? I really don't care! I was going to have to get a roof box for trips, anyway. I can't believe this is a base model! Smooth drive, quiet, roomy 3rd row, nice storage compartments, and my mp3 player plugs right in...great Bose sound! I spent 18K and drove home feeling like a millionaire. You have to see it and drive it to believe it! Happy Mommy!!

Amazing vehicle!
By drblptq on 03/26/11 10:18 AM (PDT)

2008 Mazda CX-9 Sport 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

I owned this incredible suv for almost two and a half years of trouble free driving, and would highly recommend it to anyone needing space for 7, ample cargo capacity, and fairly reasonable mileage. This is easily one of the best handling suv's I have ever owned. 60,000 miles and not one single issue, how many people can say that about a vehicle. I traded it for a 2011 Hyundai Elantra as I drive 25,000 plus miles per year, and 35 mpg combined is so nice. The Elantra actually has more front seat legroom that the much larger CX-9! What more could a family of four or five ask for, looks, performance, stability, handling, all in a durable and trouble free package.

I love this car!
By greyhounds3 on 03/15/11 17:16 PM (PDT)

2008 Mazda CX-9 Touring 4dr SUV AWD (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

I recently bought a 2008 Mazda CX-9 and I am already in love with this car! I went into the dealership with a "Short List" of requirements that I needed in a car (SUV), and the CX-9 had it all. I researched or test drove almost every wagon or SUV on the market before stopping at Mazda.

Pleasantly Surprised!
By T Clark on 11/01/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2008 Mazda CX-9 Grand Touring 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

Never thought about owning a Mazda. Test drove an Infiniti FX35 and compared to the Mazda CX-9 it was so much smoother and really has a lot of power. I was really impressed. You get so much more for your money with this model. Love the way it handles and my daughter loves having the DVD system. That was just an added bonus for us. Only had it a few days, but so far it has been great!

Beware of interior and paint
By dd mass on 09/19/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2008 Mazda CX-9 Touring 4dr SUV AWD (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

so far car has been good except the moldings around radio the black plastic moldings melted in the heat and mazda will not cover them due to outside influence so mazda does not stand behind there products hope if anything happens to engine they stand behind that paint chips to easily

rmoore
By rmoore on 09/17/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2008 Mazda CX-9 Touring 4dr SUV AWD (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

i own a 2008 mazda cx9. it now has 22,000 miles on it and also a few issues. one being the relays for the fans. i had the front relay sticking and not shutting the fan off . the dealer replaced it and now a few months later the rear fan relay is doing the same. i also have a problem with my sunroof leaking which is strange cause i never use it. i'm thinking maybe the exessive heat this summer possibly. and my rear window switches have to be reset all the time which maybe related to the sunroof leak. i also had a problem with my rotors which instead of replacing the dealer cut them, and my clock is always running 10 minutes behind.

Mazda review
By mazda review on 08/29/10 18:39 PM (PDT)

2008 Mazda CX-9 Grand Touring 4dr SUV AWD (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

Keys sometime loses strength and you can spend a while pressing on door to open the door.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.