2007 Mazda CX-9 Consumer Review: Retired Auto Engineer's Review

2007 Mazda CX-9 - Consumer Review

Grand Touring 4dr SUV (3.5L V6 6-speed Automatic)

Retired Auto Engineer's Review
By Lateralg on

2007 Mazda CX-9 Grand Touring 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I picked up my CX-9 GT Tuesday, 2/14/07. Some observations: * I drive with my left thumb & forefinger at 7:00 o'clock on the wheel. I feel no significant torque steer during WOT start. * Door-closing sound of all doors is that of a mega-buck limo. * Brake "Pinch-out" control, something I don't remember reading in a review was way above average. Pinchout control is the ability to control deceleration during the last revolution of the wheel prior to stop. As a driver, we're rarely aware of it, but if we look at our passenger's head as we come to a complete stop, we see it. * SST is OK ... much better than PRNDL, but I don't like it as much as the Lincoln LS version.

* Fun to drive * Thoughtful little features - attention to detail * Quality, fit & finish * Navigation system * Select-shift transmission & its smoothness. * Engine sound.

* Memory mirrors * Choice of wheel size on GT * 6-way passenger seat * Separate Moonroof & RSES from Nav/ assistance package