2007 Mazda CX-9 Consumer Review: Have now owned for 1 year

2007 Mazda CX-9 - Consumer Review

Grand Touring 4dr SUV (3.5L V6 6-speed Automatic)

Have now owned for 1 year
By Dan on

2007 Mazda CX-9 Grand Touring 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I have now owned my 07 CX-9 GT for 1 year - this review may be helpful for people buying/considering the 08. This is a terrific crossover SUV... very fun to drive, roomy, great- looking, great build quality, lots of features, even has pretty good gas mileage (I got 24.5 mpg on a long highway trip @ 70 mph last week; I get 18 mpg around town. I do try to drive gently, e.g. slow starts and stops). I did lots of homework before I bought and still see nothing on the market that compares. I have had great experiences with Mazdas and expect to be very happy with my CX-9 for a long time to come.

Handling, power, heated seats, Bose stereo, cargo room, controls, great- looking interior and exterior. Virtually everything looks, feels, fits, & works like it should, which is to say, often better than expected.

My one and only complaint is that the ride is a little stiff and choppy - I feel the bumps a little more than I'd like. That may be the price to pay for the great handling and/or the 20-inch wheels. I also wish (ok, 2nd complaint) that the compass and homelink mirror had been standard.

Are you the author of this review?

Update Your Review