2007 Mazda CX-9 Consumer Review: Great with a few glitches.

2007 Mazda CX-9 - Consumer Review

Great with a few glitches.
By Mick on

2007 Mazda CX-9 Grand Touring 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I leased my CX-9 one week ago after about 4 weeks of comparison shopping. I love the ride on this vehicle. It is smooth and comfy on the road, yet still manages to feel somewhat sporty, and drives like a much smaller vehicle. I had a Ford Explorer and the comparison is like night and day. I find the 2nd row seats very comfortable for my 6'0" frame, and the 3rd row a little tight for me, but my 5'6" wife thinks it's just fine. My 2 kids certainly fit well. The driver's "cabin" is roomy yet seems to wrap me up more like a sports car than an SUV. The ABS and AWD worked wonderfully last week in our spring snowshowers. Finally, it looks SHARP!

Love the audio/navigation system. Good sound from all sources (CD, MP3, radio, satellite). The rearview camera is nice, but does not take the place of mirrors. Handsfree bluetooth is awesome. Heated seats were nice last week in the cold. The keyless entry/start system is cool.

Make the handsfree navigation and bluetooth more user friendly. One major pain is that the rear door will only stay open in the fully open position. These are big doors, and in a parking lot, you can't always open them fully. Then, when I am trying to load the kids, it closes and hits me.