2007 Mazda CX-9 3.5L V6 6-speed Automatic Consumer Review - Big Zoom

2007 Mazda CX-9 - Consumer Review

2007 Mazda CX-9 Grand Touring 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Grand Touring 4dr SUV (3.5L V6 6-speed Automatic)

Big Zoom
By gbraxton on

2007 Mazda CX-9 Grand Touring 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Due to circumstances beyond my control I had to find a replacement for my MDX. After 5 months of denial, it came down to the new MDX (only in AWD and funny looking grille), the sluggish but gorgeous Enclave and Big Zoom. The CX-9 handled better and was a better value. After 3 weeks, there are things I miss about the MDX, but I am a very happy owner. Having an Acura and Lexus, my wife and I were apprehensive of Mazda but the MT SUV of the Year award and the many Mazdas we see now helped. Big Zoom is black on black GT FWD with GT assist package.

Favorite Features

Leg room (length), sliding back seats, navi and Sirius, auto open rear hatch. Tight, athletic driving, "sittin' on 20s", mp3 feed. Regular gas! (saves $4-5 per fill up) FWD: AWD not necessary in south. Adjustable back seat.

Suggested Improvements

No trip computer! This was standard on my 2002 MDX, not even offered by Mazda. They should offer as add-on for labor only. Center console squeezes front leg space: should pad it better. Homelink and dimming rearview should be standard in GT. Wood on steering wheel for GT.