Used 2007 Mazda CX-9 SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific CX-9 model:

Must-a-got-a-lemon
By eugene5

2007 Mazda CX-9 SUV Grand Touring 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Differential needed to be replaced at about 4,000 miles. Blue tooth stopped functioning at 9,000 miles. So far dealer has not figured out how to repair. First recall about same time for door checkers. Just waiting for the next problem. Unfortunate because it is quite a nice ride.

Turning radius is fantastic for a vehicle of this size. Interior space, i.e., front shoulder/leg room, head room, rear leg room, etc. Nothing special about the balance. At this level, most competitors have similar feature/equipment.

Quality. I'm beginning to believe that the price point has been achieved (given overall package content) as a result of inferior quality parts and engineering, etc! Preparation of tech staff to repair newer technology. True iPod/MPV connectivity with nav installed vehicles.

I love it
By bobbi

2007 Mazda CX-9 SUV Grand Touring 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

This car is more fun than I had expected. With touch screen audio, built in navigation and my favorite, the rearview camera, I feel like I'm in a spaceship. The kids love the Bose speakers and DVD package; the keyless entry and start make life so much easier for me when I'm on the go. My kids all have long legs and they fit comfortably in all seats including the third row, which is the very reason why I turned down other crossover vehicles, they had NO room. I feel like I'm driving in luxury without the luxury price. We love it.

Audio system built in navigation and the room.

No improvements.

Best SUV
By Zoom Zoom

2007 Mazda CX-9 SUV Grand Touring 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

This is really nice vehicle. I drove it for the last 2 months and I love it. It has road presence and distinct design. Mazda did a good job in designing this SUV. Finally, there is an SUV which does not look like it was designed in 1945. The price counts too. Navigation systems, rear camera, keyless entry feature, power lift gate, rain sensor made this car absolute fun to drive and to own. If you can spend few more dollars on extra options it is definitely worth it.

Navigation, back up camera, contemporary outside design, Bose speakers, bluetooth, third row seat.

The ride is slightly bumpy on uneven surface. Gas mileage can be slightly better.

Happy Already
By Glenview

2007 Mazda CX-9 SUV Grand Touring 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Great vehicle - comfortable, good handling and stylish. Passengers report all seats are comfortable, even third seat although it's better for short trips. Nice features and trim for the price range. We are having a lot of fun with it and hope it will prove to be a reliable vehicle that we can drive for many years to come.

Overall styling and the blue tooth integration are my favs.

Couple of minor ones: additional lights in cargo area, hard to see with 3rd seat up. Better placement of rear camera, view is odd. You should not be able to turn off the ignition switch (with smart key) while car in gear. Gas mileage could be better.

Zoom This!
By You Need It Folks!

2007 Mazda CX-9 SUV Grand Touring 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I test drove them all. I spent an entire week-end fighting off sales people until I came upon the Mazda CX-9 and I went looking for the sales person. What an incredibly beautiful automobile. I never considered Mazda in the past but they have my attention now. This car has it all and is less expensive than the over-blown German cars. I wanted to go American this time and came close with Ford Edge but Mazda beat it and all the others hands down. You won't have buyers remorse with this one folks.

Bose sound with lots of tappy toe. Steering wheel controls, bluetooth, MP3 connection, two tone leather seats and DVD to keep the kids quiet for miles and miles.

Increase gas mileage but if it didn't happen, I would still buy this vehicle.