2007 Mazda CX-9 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific CX-9 model:
Stormy Blue GT
By crazybus on 05/03/07 12:27 PM (PDT)

2007 Mazda CX-9 Grand Touring 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

We came out of a 2003 MDX, and this is bigger, more comfortable, and has more bells and whistles - all for less money!

What a ride “Zoom-Zoom” with style!
By LarS on 05/02/07 20:57 PM (PDT)

2007 Mazda CX-9 Touring 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

The styling inside/out is sporty, ergonomic with luxury styling. The fit and finish is as good as Lexus or Acura. A CUV with Zoom-Zoom driving experience is the perfect fit for our family. My wife loves driving it!! The sport tuned suspension, dual exhaust sporty sound and 263 HP V6 is a very strong package. The transmission is excellent in auto or manual modes. Great flexibility for the 2nd and 3rd row w/track seating. HID headlights are very good. The turn radius is excellent. Very quiet cabin at any speed, dual air and Bluetooth is a major plus. All the safety feature, ABS, EBD, DSC, TCS, RSC, 3 rows side curtain air bags and Tire Pressure Monit. Sys. at this price range, wow! No blind stops.

Great Crossover
By TLL on 04/22/07 06:07 AM (PDT)

2007 Mazda CX-9 Touring 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Have been looking to replace our minivan with another 7 seater for over a year. My wife and I drove or looked at about 10 minivans and crossovers. Were going to wait for Buick Enclave to come out before buying anything, But after test driving 3 CX-9s we drove home a CX-9 Touring with Rear Entertainment the same day. The interior is first class. The ride and handling are excellent. For overall value the CX-9 is a very good vehicle, plus it's fun to drive. You can feel the strips on concrete roads and visibility out rear sides is limited, but you would have to put in more glass and kill the looks and handling would take a hit with taller tires.

So far so good!
By Felipe on 04/18/07 19:08 PM (PDT)

2007 Mazda CX-9 Grand Touring 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

This is the second review I've ever written. I only do it when it's worth it. We wanted an SUV and didn't like any of the ones available. Then we found the CX-9. It was love at first sight. Just what we wanted. Best looking SUV right now. It's huge inside. Largest wheelbase in the market. The car runs so smooth. No noise from the engine. Transmission is soft, engine powerful. It has all the features that a top of the line car has.

Enjoying my GT CX-9
By Rob on 04/18/07 03:41 AM (PDT)

2007 Mazda CX-9 Grand Touring 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I've had my GT CX-9 for a week and have really enjoyed driving this vehicle. Does drive a bit bumpy due to the 20 inch tires but I love the handling on the roads. I also looked at the Acadia and Pilot but fell for the stylish looks of the CX-9 and I'm very happy with my choice.

CX-9 is the Mazda3 of its Class
By MDmike on 04/15/07 19:32 PM (PDT)

2007 Mazda CX-9 Grand Touring 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

We got a CX-9 GT AWD a week ago, so this is my first impression. Daughter has '05 Mazda3 and I'm as impressed with the CX-9 as the 3. That says a lot! I think the 3 (2.3) is the best value on four wheels. The CX-9 GT interior is superb. I drive a '98 MB E320 and the CX-9 interior equals it w/o the real wood. The materials and controls definitely feel first-rate and the doors have the vault-like sound of Mercedes as well. The ride & shifter are also 'Teutonic' and firm, which I like. More fun to drive than those we compared - Acadia & Caddy SRX 6. As a Mercedes owner, I think the CX-9 is comparable to the R-Class at $15k less! If it's reliable like the 3, Mazda has another winner.

Nice CX-9
By Jim on 04/13/07 17:02 PM (PDT)

2007 Mazda CX-9 Sport 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Just bought the white CX-9 sport fwd and drove to Florida and back to Ohio with two adults, two 16 yoa and a 17 yoa. Vehicle ran great and surpassing the speed limit was no chore. Ride is so nice you don't realize how fast you are traveling. We sold our Tahoe and traded in our 2006 mazda6 for the CX-9.

Great with a few glitches.
By Mick on 04/10/07 18:33 PM (PDT)

2007 Mazda CX-9 Grand Touring 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I leased my CX-9 one week ago after about 4 weeks of comparison shopping. I love the ride on this vehicle. It is smooth and comfy on the road, yet still manages to feel somewhat sporty, and drives like a much smaller vehicle. I had a Ford Explorer and the comparison is like night and day. I find the 2nd row seats very comfortable for my 6'0" frame, and the 3rd row a little tight for me, but my 5'6" wife thinks it's just fine. My 2 kids certainly fit well. The driver's "cabin" is roomy yet seems to wrap me up more like a sports car than an SUV. The ABS and AWD worked wonderfully last week in our spring snowshowers. Finally, it looks SHARP!

Wow and fun to drive
By upland on 04/10/07 08:48 AM (PDT)

2007 Mazda CX-9 Grand Touring 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

We were considering other SUVs & crossovers such as the Murano & Acadia & CX7 & XC70. Have been in a Volvo V70 with 3d row seat for the last 250,000 miles and was looking for another dependable vehicle, but something a little bigger and one with a higher ride height. Well, we found it in the CX-9. We looked at all trim levels and decided on the GT AWD in Pearl White & Sand Interior. The Bose sounds as good as most after market thumper stereos. The CX-9 drives as good as it looks. The fit and finish is as good any other vehicle we considered. From the side view it looks like a lot of other mid-sized SUVs, especially the Lexus. We've driven it a month now, and we love it.

Bye bye minivan
By hernandez fam on 04/04/07 17:48 PM (PDT)

2007 Mazda CX-9 Sport 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

We've had a minivan for six years more than anything for the space. With two kids' car seats plus grandma, we certainly use all the space. We looked at everything out there but for the money we could not find more space and comfort. Wwe love the ride and all the features in it. Mazda has put out an awsome crossover. Thank you.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.