Used 2007 Mazda CX-9 Consumer Reviews - 114 Car Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific CX-9 model:

Great Car, Great Price!
By John

2007 Mazda CX-9 Grand Touring 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

As with others, my wife and I drove all the 6 + passenger CUVs. We wanted a car, not a van, which would carry at least 6 people comfortably and the CX-9 was the answer. We almost bought the MDX, but after one last visit and sitting in the 3rd row, our minds were made up. The CX-9 has everything, comfort, performance, looks and all the bells and whistles. We also wanted a car which would meet all of our needs, bluetooth a must, nav system, mp3 player, link to my iPod, separate temperature controls for front as well as back. Room in the back for 4 sets of golf clubs. The ride is superb and fun to drive. Just love this car. Test drive and you will be sold.

Nav system, bluetooth, stereo, back up camera, mp3 hook up, and the drive.

Was expecting better MPG, but it is a heavy vehicle.

Zoom-Zoom!
By rugmaven

2007 Mazda CX-9 Sport 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

My CX-9 is certainly a solid, smooth driving vehicle. I've had it since April 07 and have discovered what an excellent vehicle I purchased. It handles on par with much sportier cars, has good power; pickup and corners unlike my expectations for a rather large, over 5,000 pound vehicle. The interior is understated, yet sleek and quietly upscale. The front seats do a fine job of keeping your backside centered even during hard cornering. The engine is powerful and smooth; mated to the six speed transmission, driving around town or on the highways is very pleasant.

Handling, styling and interior room.

Brakes need some work. During very hard braking they seem to not control the stop quick enough.

Must-a-got-a-lemon
By eugene5

2007 Mazda CX-9 Grand Touring 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Differential needed to be replaced at about 4,000 miles. Blue tooth stopped functioning at 9,000 miles. So far dealer has not figured out how to repair. First recall about same time for door checkers. Just waiting for the next problem. Unfortunate because it is quite a nice ride.

Turning radius is fantastic for a vehicle of this size. Interior space, i.e., front shoulder/leg room, head room, rear leg room, etc. Nothing special about the balance. At this level, most competitors have similar feature/equipment.

Quality. I'm beginning to believe that the price point has been achieved (given overall package content) as a result of inferior quality parts and engineering, etc! Preparation of tech staff to repair newer technology. True iPod/MPV connectivity with nav installed vehicles.

I love it
By bobbi

2007 Mazda CX-9 Grand Touring 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

This car is more fun than I had expected. With touch screen audio, built in navigation and my favorite, the rearview camera, I feel like I'm in a spaceship. The kids love the Bose speakers and DVD package; the keyless entry and start make life so much easier for me when I'm on the go. My kids all have long legs and they fit comfortably in all seats including the third row, which is the very reason why I turned down other crossover vehicles, they had NO room. I feel like I'm driving in luxury without the luxury price. We love it.

Audio system built in navigation and the room.

No improvements.

Best SUV
By Zoom Zoom

2007 Mazda CX-9 Grand Touring 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

This is really nice vehicle. I drove it for the last 2 months and I love it. It has road presence and distinct design. Mazda did a good job in designing this SUV. Finally, there is an SUV which does not look like it was designed in 1945. The price counts too. Navigation systems, rear camera, keyless entry feature, power lift gate, rain sensor made this car absolute fun to drive and to own. If you can spend few more dollars on extra options it is definitely worth it.

Navigation, back up camera, contemporary outside design, Bose speakers, bluetooth, third row seat.

The ride is slightly bumpy on uneven surface. Gas mileage can be slightly better.